SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

OK...IF CUSE takes on Anae and Beck we MAY? have a problem.
Teams are allowed 9 assistant coaches.
We have White at DC 1..Achuff at LB coach 2,, Monroe swag coach 3.. Schmidt as Oline coach 4..
Legashefsky ST coach 5... Lynch as RB coach 6...West as DB coach 7... These 2 guys would fill out the staff and we have no WR or Dline coach.

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer...but how practical is it to take on both coaches?
My guess would be White now is also DL coach, and Legashevski is also a position coach as well as ST coach.

This is a somehat aside, but I recall duing a Va Tech game, the announcers were discussing the traditionally strong ST team play of the Hokies. The analyst in the booth pointed out that one way Frank Beamer emphasized ST was by coaching these units at the beginning of each practice, rather than the end, when most teams usually do it (when the players are fatigued both physically and mentally).
Did the announcer mention how Beamer did stuff on special teams that we did first but somehow he claimed credit for?

I also don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Anae is a Hawaii/BYU guy and has a similar west coast-centric coaching background to Dino. Possibly a great addition to WC recruiting, growing the "Ohana"

I hope not. Not because Beck is somehow a bad choice (I don’t know frankly), but who would want someone coming in who would benefit from the failure of the team. Not Dino. Not Wildhack. Counterintuitive.
Nah that's not what we are saying. We are saying Anae ( being an older guy) could possibly groom Beck. He is younger and up in coming. Has nothing to do with Anae failing.

I mean if this happens would this be one of the best staffs Cuse has had? The OC and QB coach would have extremely impressive resumes and the numbers to back up their resumes. Our DC is an upcoming head coach. Swag Daddy is a stud recruiter and puts players in the NFL. Our special teams coordinator has an extremely impressive resume including a super bowl ring and has really hit the ground running since being here and our oline coach was a great coach at SDSU and turned around the oline in the one season he’s been here….I like this optimism they are giving the fans again lol

I mean if this happens would this be one of the best staffs Cuse has had? The OC and QB coach would have extremely impressive resumes and the numbers to back up their resumes. Our DC is an upcoming head coach. Swag Daddy is a stud recruiter and puts players in the NFL. Our special teams coordinator has an extremely impressive resume including a super bowl ring and has really hit the ground running since being here and our oline coach was a great coach at SDSU and turned around the oline in the one season he’s been here….I like this optimism they are giving the fans again lol
Keep the Faith!!!
*whispers* (Especially with this potential staff)

True, Schrader isn’t a pocket passer, which is a problem for some. Nor should we desire one here at SU. We just had one of those and his name was Tommy.

So yes, Schrader’s completion percentage will be in the mid 50s, but he might run for 60-90 yards too. The guy has some juice on the ball when he is healthy, which he was not after the VT game.

Slight pushback here. DeVito was a "pocket passer" who they never really let operate in a real passing game. He was basically allowed variants of two plays. Throws at or near the LOS, or the deep sideline.

I get that Syracuse coaching does not believe the climate controlled Dome environment is well-suited for an aerial attack, but if we are going dual, can we at least get a guy with an average college passing arm? Shrader really is a DINO.

Hmmmm...it is all coming together now

Swap Sterlin for this guy?? Why, yes pleez!

Mom - the meatloaf... we want it!

wedding-crashers-will-ferrell.gif

If it happens, wow, I'm back in 100%. Big boy hires.

But no one has asked - can they recruit? Seriously, what's their track record there? And how about Ligashesky? We need to come out of this with someone other than Monroe carrying all the water.
They can recruit, and they can coach up the talent they have.

Slight pushback here. DeVito was a "pocket passer" who they never really let operate in a real passing game. He was basically allowed variants of two plays. Throws at or near the LOS, or the deep sideline.

I get that Syracuse coaching does not believe the climate controlled Dome environment is well-suited for an aerial attack, but if we are going dual, can we at least get a guy with an average college passing arm? Shrader really is a DINO.

Dungy did pretty damn good with it

how did that dc do that we hired then went to miss state or something? that worked out well for us.

I actually got into a pissing match when I was coaching with a college tennis coach. We were debating when to coach skills and he used to run his players in to the ground and then expect them to be sharp while working on skills/fundamentals. If the goal is to toughen them up, ok but they aren’t honing their skills with that approach if that’s the point.
like the HS coaches who always had the baseball players run 1-2 miles before practice to get in shape and then expect to work on stuff when he started working drills.. jog a couple laps to get loose/warm fine but run XC meets why.. BB coaches were always the opp.. run a little, loosen up and the run to finish off before showers.

My guess would be White now is also DL coach, and Legashevski is also a position coach as well as ST coach.
Tony White played LB and Achuff coached Chandler Jones in the NFL. It makes sense that if White coaches a position, it would be LB and switch Achuff to DL. White might be more willing to coach a position this year, now that he's been here 2 years and guys should know the defense better overall.

Did the announcer mention how Beamer did stuff on special teams that we did first but somehow he claimed credit for?
Not that I can recall.
Specifically, to what things are you referring?

When is was in my younger years I was targeting Denise Richards as my gf. Not to be the Debbie downer here, but Syracuse football is definitely the Charlie Browniest.

I’ll wait for an official announcement before I get at all excited.
Not to be a debby downer but you know you can have that thought without posting it and …… in everybodies cheerios

Not to be a debby downer but you know you can have that thought without posting it and …… in everybodies cheerios
I'm guessing the answer to the fill in the blank since it's not multiple choice is spurtle?

Just because Devito didn’t make other passes, doesn’t mean he was not allowed to.