SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Took a walk over to UVA's board... Seem's as though they were more upset about losing Beck, at least from what I gather. Most of thread was them talking about BBQ. Shout out to the poster who defender our honor and pointed out Dino BBQ is legit.

Obviously a home run hire(s)... My question is, we snagging any transfers/players from them?

like the HS coaches who always had the baseball players run 1-2 miles before practice to get in shape and then expect to work on stuff when he started working drills.. jog a couple laps to get loose/warm fine but run XC meets why.. BB coaches were always the opp.. run a little, loosen up and the run to finish off before showers.
Its a tad different for wrestling...in my experience. We do want our guys drilling technique at the end of practice as well as when they are fresh. They have to be able to hit moves when they are dog tired.

Tony White played LB and Achuff coached Chandler Jones in the NFL. It makes sense that if White coaches a position, it would be LB and switch Achuff to DL. White might be more willing to coach a position this year, now that he's been here 2 years and guys should know the defense better overall.

Most of Achuff's career was coaching DL so it's the likely move imo. But if we still have room for one more coach we need a power recruiter.

Last edited:
I’ve been refreshing this page all day at work hoping to see an official announcement…

Live look in on all of SyracuseFan.com football board:

bored waiting GIF

Its a tad different for wrestling...in my experience. We do want our guys drilling technique at the end of practice as well as when they are fresh. They have to be able to hit moves when they are dog tired.

Two different things IMO. You learn, practice, work on technique of
moves or a skill when fresh. Otherwise you’re practicing in poor form, etc. You master the skill fresh and practice it under duress. But it’s really two different techniques for coaching something specific.

There are turning points in every program. I think this is one of them.

Historically, we do not win this kind of a battle for desirable assistant coaches.

Hoping that changes, preferably today.

It could be if we can keep them. I could see Bronco going to Arizona or Colorado next season. Would they follow?

Yeah waiting on some official announcement here as well. Clearly a few on the board were aware which is great and validates what is in public. Would like to think this is buttoned up by this weekend as I would think coming out of the holiday there would be things that they would want to start getting into motion.

True, Schrader isn’t a pocket passer, which is a problem for some. Nor should we desire one here at SU. We just had one of those and his name was Tommy.

So yes, Schrader’s completion percentage will be in the mid 50s, but he might run for 60-90 yards too. The guy has some juice on the ball when he is healthy, which he was not after the VT game.
you must be going out of your way to misspell this guy's name

I think those who had a heads up about this are under the impression it’s moved past the “we’re targeting” phase. Closer to crossing t’s and dotting i’s.

That’s my understanding.

I think those who had a heads up about this are under the impression it’s moved past the “we’re targeting” phase. Closer to crossing t’s and dotting i’s.

That’s my understanding.

hopefully you are right.

That’s my understanding.
For both or just Anae?