SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Refreshing this site and twitter is becoming a fun little game

I think those who had a heads up about this are under the impression it’s moved past the “we’re targeting” phase. Closer to crossing t’s and dotting i’s.

That’s my understanding.
Dear God Please.

We'd have to wait another year as it has ended this year. The board would be in insane meltdown if we waited a year. I'll take a general holiday gift at this point.
How about a late Hannukah gift? ;)

I watched the first half of UVA-BYU today. Holy , there was misdirection on almost every play, good mix of pass and run, unpredictable, the routes got people open! Their QB is really good, above average athleticism too.

Didn’t think north east teams had misdirection in their repertoire... boy this would be a nice change!

Last edited:
Da
There are turning points in every program. I think this is one of them.

Historically, we do not win this kind of a battle for desirable assistant coaches.

Hoping that changes, preferably today.
Two points. I think that JW is deeply involved in this entire process. My belief is that the Athletic dept has been a little rocked. Between the Girls team, Desko situation, Bball not doing well and of course Football the powers to be have woken up which is a good thing. Its obvious that he is directing and putting his money where his mouth is. Good to see the AD and school step up. We need good coaches and i hope that Dino with a solid OC and DC can focus on his strengths and that together the three of them with JW support can get this program on track.

I count five major wins for Dino this off-season if these two land:

1 + 2: the guys notes in this thread.

3: ST coach

4: Tucker returning

5: Mikel Jones returning

If Szmyt gets back to his former self, that’s six.

I don’t think we’re turning into Bama, but if we land these two, it sure feels we’re on a bit of a winning streak, an actual one, not one that I’m convincing myself of.

Can’t wait to see this become official.

Dino said he always wants to grow and be green, not red and rotten. Well, he's changed his defensive philosophy to a 3-3-5 and now is on the cusp of letting go of the offensive system that made him. I would say despite his record, he generally tries to correct major weaknesses each off-season.

My guess is if Beck is offered UVA OC job he stays if not he will come to SU to be the QB coach and not stay at UVA to be the QB coach.

Da

Two points. I think that JW is deeply involved in this entire process. My belief is that the Athletic dept has been a little rocked. Between the Girls team, Desko situation, Bball not doing well and of course Football the powers to be have woken up which is a good thing. Its obvious that he is directing and putting his money where his mouth is. Good to see the AD and school step up. We need good coaches and i hope that Dino with a solid OC and DC can focus on his strengths and that together the three of them with JW support can get this program on track.
Walking back is good for the soul. Keep going

There’s some reports that Beck is not calling plays for the Bowl now on a quick google search
Nice digging BD. That is the kind of info I like to see. Would be awesome to seal the deal on Beck also. If there are new reports indicating he will not be calling plays in the bowl game for Virginia, that could indeed be a good sign. Thanks for sharing the information.