SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Some of them are so sensitive to any criticism of DB, they see it as an attack against DB saying Marrone had done a solid job.
Some are so sensitive to any criticism of DM they see it as an endorsement of DB. Lol.

There is no agenda, Q dawgie. If you can’t see any of it objectively, you can see what needs to be done clearly. I don’t always succeed, but I’m trying.

Merry Christmas.

Agreed. It was completely dysfunctional when he showed up. They had a few nice pieces 7-8 guys but that was about it.

He had talent to work with, although it was mainly young talent. There also wasn't much depth. There are some units I would be glad to switch with what we have now.

QB
RS FR Nassib

RB
JR DC3
SO Bailey

WR
JR Mike Williams
JR Davis
SO Sales
SO Chew
SO Graham
FR Lemon

TE
SO Provo
RS FR Stevens

OL
JR Bartholomew
JR McKenzie
JR Baumbach
JR Meldrum
SO Speller
FR Pugh

DT
SR Art Jones
JR Tribbey
JR Lewis
JR Perkins

LB
JR Smith
JR Hogue
RS FR Vaughan

CB
JR Merkerson
JR Nico Scott
SO Kevyn Scott
FR Anderson

FS
JR Holmes

SS
JR Suter

KR
JR Holmes
SO Graham

PR
JR Holmes

K
FR Lichenstein

P
JR Long

Last edited:
He had talent to work with, although it was mainly young talent. There also wasn't much depth. There are some units I would be glad to switch with what we have now.

QB
RS FR Nassib

RB
JR DC3
SO Bailey

WR
JR Mike Williams
SO Sales
SO Chew
SO Graham
FR Lemon

TE
SO Provo
RS FR Stevens

OL
JR Bartholomew
JR McKenzie
JR Baumbach
JR Meldrum
SO Speller
FR Pugh

DT
SR Art Jones
JR Tribbey
JR Lewis
JR Perkins

LB
JR Smith
JR Hogue
RS FR Vaughan

CB
JR Merkerson
JR Nico Scott
SO Kevyn Scott
FR Anderson

FS
JR Holmes

SS
JR Suter

KR
JR Holmes
SO Graham

PR
JR Holmes

K
FR Lichenstein

P
JR Long

Top end of GRob's classes were good, despite the team record. He had some big wins on the recruiting path, especially locally.

QB
RS FR Nassib

RB
JR DC3
SO Bailey

WR
JR Mike Williams
JR Davis
SO Sales
SO Chew
SO Graham
FR Lemon

TE
SO Provo
RS FR Stevens

OL
JR Bartholomew
JR McKenzie
JR Baumbach
JR Meldrum
SO Speller
FR Pugh

DT
SR Art Jones
JR Tribbey
JR Lewis
JR Perkins

LB
JR Smith
JR Hogue
RS FR Vaughan

CB
JR Merkerson
JR Nico Scott
SO Kevyn Scott
FR Anderson

FS
JR Holmes

SS
JR Suter

KR
JR Holmes
SO Graham

PR
JR Holmes

K
FR Lichenstein

P
JR Long
Way better skill position talent in that group than what we have now, better LB’s, and Art Jones would be the best player on our team pretty much every season.

Hopefully our new OC has a similar talk with our WRs. Depth is great but when your worst DB is better than your best WR it doesn't matter who your back ups are at either position.

But anyways if there is one thing the program needs its a multi year run with a top offensive coordinator. We've never seen SU football with a high end OC who makes something of being the only team in the country that plays home games indoors.

BC got a top 25 class this year. If we get a good OC and sign a couple consecutive top 25 classes I think we will be challenging for the ACC crown. I'm also content with Dino>White as our head coaches I think hoops is in major trouble if they don't pony up major $$$ for someone established we need to spend the bulk of our AD budget there.
BC with the #36 class, this year. To your point? We've recruited better than BC all but the last 2 years. That needs to change.

Some are so sensitive to any criticism of DM they see it as an endorsement of DB. Lol.

There is no agenda, Q dawgie. If you can’t see any of it objectively, you can see what needs to be done clearly. I don’t always succeed, but I’m trying.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Xmas to you too RutgersAl

QB
RS FR Nassib

RB
JR DC3
SO Bailey

WR
JR Mike Williams
JR Davis
SO Sales
SO Chew
SO Graham
FR Lemon

TE
SO Provo
RS FR Stevens

OL
JR Bartholomew
JR McKenzie
JR Baumbach
JR Meldrum
SO Speller
FR Pugh

DT
SR Art Jones
JR Tribbey
JR Lewis
JR Perkins

LB
JR Smith
JR Hogue
RS FR Vaughan

CB
JR Merkerson
JR Nico Scott
SO Kevyn Scott
FR Anderson

FS
JR Holmes

SS
JR Suter

KR
JR Holmes
SO Graham

PR
JR Holmes

K
FR Lichenstein

P
JR Long
Forgot DE

JR Kimmel
SO Marinovich
RS FR Chandler Jones

Wow this thread turned into a trip down memory lane. All that’s missing is a debate about whether coach p should have been given more time and how Michael Vick killed Syracuse football with his last second commitment to the Hokies.

Merry Christmas everybody!
Agreed man, way off topic. Just like our Rutgers dumpster fire thread, I would almost pay someone to create the former Syracuse coaching debate to your hearts content but stop bombing all other threads dumpster fire thread.
Oh and Merry Christmas everyone as well!!

Way better skill position talent in that group than what we have now, better LB’s, and Art Jones would be the best player on our team pretty much every season.
Really? I only see Mike Williams, DC3 playing over the guys they have now. We were not a good offensive team until 2012. DC3 would be Tucker's back up. Art obviously would play on the DL. Houge and D Smith would be on the field with Mikel.

It blows my mind how some downplay the turnaround job Marrone and staff did here.
You are so correct. I don't care about the schedule or the conference. Doug made us respectable and relevant and took us to 2 bowls in 4 years. We played the schedule given to him. He didn't build the sked or pick the conference. People are torqued off because he left after resurrecting the program. I, for one, would welcome him back with open arms if the opportunity presented itself after next season or later and he wanted to come back for one last reclamation job at his alma mater. Doug's haters are haters because he left. They can go kick rocks.

Last edited:
Really? I only see Mike Williams, DC3 playing over the guys they have now. We were not a good offensive team until 2012. DC3 would be Tucker's back up. Art obviously would play on the DL. Houge and D Smith would be on the field with Mikel.

Williams is miles better than any of our WR’s now.

DC3 is still one of the better backs we’ve had.

Nassib became a great QB. Better than GS.

I hope some of our current WRs can be as productive as Sales and Lemon were.

Provo….yeah, we’d probably throw to him 4 times the whole season now, but he was a threat. 50 for 500+ and 7 TDs in 2011.

Williams is miles better than any of our WR’s now.

DC3 is still one of the better backs we’ve had.

Nassib became a great QB. Better than GS.

I hope some of our current WRs can be as productive as Sales and Lemon were.

Provo….yeah, we’d probably throw to him 4 times the whole season now, but he was a threat. 50 for 500+ and 7 TDs in 2011.
Oh, You are talking 2012 Nassib? Then yes I would add his name then. Im talking about the skill sets inherited by Marrone in 2009. You kinda losing me. How are you comparing careers when the current players havent finished there's yet? Of course there is going to be a favoritsim for those players because we already seen the results of those teams.

Oh, You are talking 2012 Nassib? Then yes I would add his name then. Im talking about the skill sets inherited by Marrone in 2009. You kinda losing me. How are you comparing careers when the current players havent finished there's yet? Of course there is going to be a favoritsim for those players because we already seen the results of those teams.

I was.

I’d take 2010 Nassib too though.

Fair point though. We’ll see what happens. Guys like Williams and Carter were clearly studs from day 1 though, and Lemon was solid right away too.

Really? We aren't making a Bowl in 2014 with Lester as OC day 1 instead of when he took over. We didn't make a Bowl in 2015 with him as OC. 2013 does he go to Hunt? In interviews Lester laughed at the possibility of Hunt taking over for Allen. If the switch isn't made, no Bowl in 2013.
Hmmmm one thing your not factoring is dungy getting injured and Lester was the reason we got dungy so no I don’t think he goes with hunt, or atleast dungy is starting by end of that year anyways . Luckily everything either of us say, is opinion and we will never actually know.

Last edited:
You are so correct. I don't care about the schedule or the conference. Doug made us respectable and relevant and took us to 2 bowls in 4 years. We played the schedule given to him. He didn't build the sked or pick the conference. People are torqued off because he left after resurrecting the program. I, for one, would welcome him back with open arms if the opportunity presented itself after next season or later and he wanted to come back for one last reclamation job at his alma mater. Doug's haters are haters because he left. They can go kick rocks.
There are no haters. Context can be had. There are ways to look at every season and place it in context in a way that helps bring clarity.

Not wanting to see beyond winning % and holding on to the reality that you want is a choice. But it does impact how we see the current state of the program.

I was.

I’d take 2010 Nassib too though.

Fair point though. We’ll see what happens. Guys like Williams and Carter were clearly studs from day 1 though, and Lemon was solid right away too.
Yeah. I would probably give 2010 Nassib an slight edge but keep in mind he had a 56 completion rate in a run heavy play action pass scheme. Let’s see how year 2 goes for Shrader. I already said Williams and DC3 were studs at that point but a 2021 Sean Tucker is better than DC3.

Hey Mods, any chance we can move all of these Marrone related posts to it's own thread? Thanks. You're the gift that keeps on giving (or taking depending on the situation!)
My suggestion, since this thread is beyond cleansing. is just ignore the thread. Instead look for white smoke and a new thread with the title of New OC Robert Anae.