SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

How many Anae threads do we need?

AE3EA174-E9BD-4E16-BE8C-365742B582D7.gif

Jaime Beck already updated her Twitter feed to show her moving from Virginia to New York. So, guessing this is pretty official.
What are they waiting for? Saying the writing is on the wall would be an understatement. The spouse of one of the guys is mentally moved into her new house is the Cuse suburbs. I'm assuming the announcement will be tomorrow just waiting to get through Christmas?

What are they waiting for? Saying the writing is on the wall would be an understatement. The spouse of one of the guys is mentally moved into her new house is the Cuse suburbs. I'm assuming the announcement will be tomorrow just waiting to get through Christmas?
Yeah. Probably waiting until Monday. They get some time off with family too. It's not like an announcement today versus tomorrow makes any difference other than to placate some impatient fans.

SU being on a hill can exaggerate the cold and wind and he probably never saw snow in NJ like what he saw at SU. Regardless, he's a punk. Good riddance.
Yeah, I grew up and live in NJ and it is not at all like a real winter in Syracuse. I have never seen 200" of snow in NJ.

Yeah, I grew up and live in NJ and it is not at all like a real winter in Syracuse. I have never seen 200" of snow in NJ.
We haven’t seen 200” of snow in Syracuse. The record I believe is 193” (roughly) in 1993. My last year in Syracuse. Quibbling, I know. No disrespect.

Orange may still be the new fast with this hire.
Anae seems capable of running tempo.

I get that Elliott wants his own guys but it just seems crazy that he (or the AD?) is letting both of these guys go. Virginia had a much better offense than Clemson last year.

Whatever happened behind the scenes in Virginia, I bet these two are costing Syracuse a lot of money.

She is retweeting all sorts of things about taking the Syracuse job. Here is a retweet from one of our fans welcoming them.
I would think this is signed, sealed and delivered if she is retweeting what she is today. No way do you retweet so much even if it is 90% done. It has to be locked up imho. For some reason this cuts off that she retweeted it, but she did...

We haven’t seen 200” of snow in Syracuse. The record I believe is 193” (roughly) in 1993. My last year in Syracuse. Quibbling, I know. No disrespect.
That (1992-1993) was my freshman year, (*Edit - March of 1993 was the first time they cancelled class due to it being spring break and students couldn't get back - 43" in all, 36" in a 24 hour period) but if I recall, 1993-1994 was worse, just spread out more. Seems my memory is off, but it seemed to stay longer. Perhaps it was just colder that year.

Syracuse[edit]​

Max: 192.1 inches (1992-93)

Min: 50.6 inches (2011-12)

Average: 127.8 inches

Last edited:
She is retweeting all sorts of things about taking the Syracuse job. Here is a retweet from one of our fans welcoming them.
I would think this is signed, sealed and delivered if she is retweeting what she is today. No way do you retweet so much even if it is 90% done. It has to be locked up imho.

She replied with Orange and blue hearts.

Probably had them handy.

So the story seems to be that Bronco was told he had to make staff changes (likely Anae was one of them). Refused to do so and walked.
Yep. A good friend is a UVA beat reporter. Says Anae was pretty much hated by everyone. Players, admin, reporters, etc... That was before the sh** storm he stirred up leaving town.

Anae will probably coach TEs, as that was his role at UVA as well. He actually called Anae "a complete a@@ hole." Might be a bridge to Beck as OC, which is why we were able to get both.

He says Beck is a rising star and is incredibly well-liked by everyone. A great guy who will run a team one day. Called him a "QB guru."

Also says Hagans will stay at UVA and that him going to SU would be like GMac leaving SU for UVA. Hagans is a true blue UVA guy.

As an aside, he said people at UVA would like to get Chip West back on the new staff. Great in-state recruiter with solid DelMarVa connections. He's not sure how likely that is, but it's what he's hearing.

EDIT: According to this guy it's a "done deal" and has been for a few weeks. FWIW.

EDIT 2: Also said that if we like passing, Anae is our guy. Really doesn't run the ball much. It will be interesting to see how he feels about that with a guy like Sean Tucker on the team. Sounds like he is pretty innovative in the way he uses players, so we'll see.

Last edited:
it’s a done deal. Syracuse historically never makes “official” announcements off hours

Don’t worry, he doesn’t want to be anywhere near this program or university either

His many Instagram stories talking about how much he disliked Syracuse showed that… mainly him complaining about the weather and then him being too excited to move out at the end of the semester

He gone

lol good! Bet that New Jersey weather was way better. Should give old Greg a call.