SU to play Minny in Maui | Syracusefan.com

SU to play Minny in Maui

Also, as part of the non-tournament portion of the tournament (what the hell does that mean?), SU will host St. Francis (NY) in the Dome.

Also, as part of the non-tournament portion of the tournament (what the hell does that mean?), SU will host St. Francis (NY) in the Dome.

Looks like St Francis gets 4 games out of this deal without every leaving the lower 48.

vs Dayton Nov 16.
vs Syracuse Nov 18.
vs Coastal Carolina Nov 23.
vs Oakland / Louisiana Nov 24.

That would make St Francis, CC, Oakland, and Louisiana the fluffers. :p

pretty much exactly what we expected. It was always going to be Minny or Dayton in Rd 1 for us, and Zags/Baylor on the other half of the bracket. I like it.

I guess Cal is projected better than Minnesota next year.
I am guessing they ranked the teams
Syracuse
Baylor
Gonzaga
Arkansas
California
Minnesota
Dayton
Chaminade.

The committee did a good job the best TV matches for SU 1st round were either a rematch with Cal from last year's NCAA tournament or Boeheim vs. Pitino Jr. SU didn't want to travel over 5k miles to play Chaminade 1st round. Playing Minnesota, Arkansas/Cal, Dayton/Gonzaga/Baylor isn't bad and the 4th game is a free home game to develop the talent. I like playing St. Francis two days after they will have played in Dayton with less legs and time to prepare for our zone.

I like playing St. Francis two days after they will have played in Dayton with less legs and time to prepare for our zone.

Haha yeah, I feel a lot better about that game with that knowledge

Jeez! So what does "non-tournament portion of the tournament" mean then?

All it means is that they tacked games onto the "tournament" which have nothing to do with the actual tournament.

We get to crush little Pitino before he gets the Whitehead/Newton 60 point backcourt. Haha, nice.

St Francis (NY) Nov 18 (in Syracuse)

Minny Nov 25, 5:30 Eastern
Arkansas or California Nov 26.
Gonzaga / Dayton / Baylor / Chaminade Nov 27.

11:30am local tip for those of us who will be there. Excellent!

St Francis @ The Dome ---- I didn't realize I would be attending a Maui Invitational Game!

11:30am local tip for those of us who will be there. Excellent!

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but you'll get an extra hour of the pool or at breakfast. It's only a 5 hour difference.

I think Hawaii doesn't use DST, maybe half the year it's 5 hours and the other half 6?