SU up to #4 in Big East power rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU up to #4 in Big East power rankings

Las Vegas currently disagrees with you.

There is no such thing as LV. All they do is set the line based on stupid bettors perception. Has nothing to do with how much they think someone will win by.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Let me ask you a question, do you think the offensive and defensive game plans remain the same regardless of the score in a game? Stats are for Fantasy Football guys. We were up 16 and sat on a lead. We often dropped 8 men back in coverage and dared Nassib to beat us. Keep everything in front of you, make them use clock and wait for a mistake. We've pretty much done the same thing all year.

As for Nova, you are out of your mind if you think Marrone wouldn't give a kidney to have Nova as his starter next year. I think his record as a college starter is something like 13-2 and this year he has thrown 15 TD's and 3 INT's.

You keep leaving out how you got that much of a lead to allow you to sit back as you say. And it wasn't because of a talent mismatch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm just saying, it's posts like this that keep me coming back to this board.

We blew the doors off Temple. Trying to claim we dodged a bullet is crazy. I think we held them to under 50 yards in the 2nd half while we dropped 35 points on them.

Same thing with UCONN, we put a choke hold on that "offense" in the 2nd half and just ran the ball knowing they were not a threat to score many points.

We didn't dodge a bullet against Syracuse, we outplayed you. You made more mistakes and that is part of the game. As a matter of fact, if Harrison doesn't drop an absolutetly perfect pass from Nova in the 3rd, the score would have been 30-7 and the rout was on. Coleman also dropped a TD pass. Drops are part of the game. They are mistakes.

USF was a nail biter but we pulled out a road victory on an ESPN Thursday night game which only happens historically about 30% of the time.

I know you guys won't like this but here is the reality, in consecutive weeks we have played three teams that treated our game as their bowl game. UCONN had a hard on for Rutgers, Syracuse had a hard on for Rutgers and Temple had a chubby that a cat couldn't scratch. All three came out with their hair on fire and Rutgers withstood the charge and won each contest.

You guys have the best front seven we have played this year and frankly, I don't think it's close. I expect you to beat Cincy and I think you can beat Louisville without your "A" game. I'll be pulling for it.
Nobody in the history of the world has treated Rutgers as their bowl game. That is absurd.

Let me ask you a question, do you think the offensive and defensive game plans remain the same regardless of the score in a game? Stats are for Fantasy Football guys. We were up 16 and sat on a lead. We often dropped 8 men back in coverage and dared Nassib to beat us. Keep everything in front of you, make them use clock and wait for a mistake. We've pretty much done the same thing all year.

As for Nova, you are out of your mind if you think Marrone wouldn't give a kidney to have Nova as his starter next year. I think his record as a college starter is something like 13-2 and this year he has thrown 15 TD's and 3 INT's.
I'd take Nova next year, considering our other option is probably Chuck Loeb. That said, RU WRs make Nova's job extremely easy, without the real need to be too accurate...plus, Nova has yet to play a challenging team outside of the Big East.

I'm just saying, it's posts like this that keep me coming back to this board.

We blew the doors off Temple. Trying to claim we dodged a bullet is crazy. I think we held them to under 50 yards in the 2nd half while we dropped 35 points on them.

Same thing with UCONN, we put a choke hold on that "offense" in the 2nd half and just ran the ball knowing they were not a threat to score many points.

We didn't dodge a bullet against Syracuse, we outplayed you. You made more mistakes and that is part of the game. As a matter of fact, if Harrison doesn't drop an absolutetly perfect pass from Nova in the 3rd, the score would have been 30-7 and the rout was on. Coleman also dropped a TD pass. Drops are part of the game. They are mistakes.

USF was a nail biter but we pulled out a road victory on an ESPN Thursday night game which only happens historically about 30% of the time.

I know you guys won't like this but here is the reality, in consecutive weeks we have played three teams that treated our game as their bowl game. UCONN had a hard on for Rutgers, Syracuse had a hard on for Rutgers and Temple had a chubby that a cat couldn't scratch. All three came out with their hair on fire and Rutgers withstood the charge and won each contest.

You guys have the best front seven we have played this year and frankly, I don't think it's close. I expect you to beat Cincy and I think you can beat Louisville without your "A" game. I'll be pulling for it.

Agree with everything bolded.

The bowl game stuff is complete crap. We did play the then-#2 team led by the likely #1 pick in the draft at a neutral site and played tough. Check yo'self.

You're having a good season and your coaching looks upgraded. Doesn't bother me saying that.

The better question is asked of you, Do you really believe that Rutgers can get a small lead and sit on it for any amount of time against Bama, Oregon, USC, LSU, Florida, FSU, Clemson, and, well, everyone else? That is not much of a game plan. We know, PP used to do that and lost several games because of it. Basically, you are admitting you don't have a serious game plan.

I fully recognize Rutgers is winning and congratulate them, but be honest, your schedule looks more like a high school schedule than a top 25 CFB schedule. If you want respect, beat respectable teams. You Rutgers fans keep telling us how bad we are and yet you failed to beat us by 40 points.