SU WINS! | Syracusefan.com

SU WINS!

too bad our players will have to work for them someday;)

We might be looking at a Top 20 finish in the Capital One Cup this academic year.

Cross Country, Soccer, Field Hockey, Football could get us off to a great start this Fall.

We might be looking at a Top 20 finish in the Capital One Cup this academic year.

Cross Country, Soccer, Field Hockey, Football could get us off to a great start this Fall.

We won't get close to top 20, we don't play enough sports. But we should move up between 40 and 50.

We won't get close to top 20, we don't play enough sports. But we should move up between 40 and 50.

If we get to a F4 in Field Hockey, do well in the other Fall Sports we will be in the Top 20...to stay there would need a few more F4's.

Didn't see the goal b/c I missed the first 30 mins of the first half.

Cornell had one of their best chances at the start of the 2nd half. #10 (I think) got past his defender on the right side of the box and dragged his shot wide past the far post.

With a minute to go in the game, Cornell's left back beat our goalie on a half volley from 25-30 yds out, but the shot went just wide of the post.

Was really impressed with our #7 central midfielder and our #10. #10 beat Cornell's right back with ease every time he had the ball out on the wing.

Great to see a decent amount of SU support there, making more noise than the Cornell crowd.

That's awesome! They're a really fun team to watch. They've got a lot of good, young talent so hopefully we'll see more tournament wins in the next few years.

I don't follow the non-revenue sports (tiddlywinks), but I will say that it sure sounds like Dr Gross is improving those sports substantially, and quietly.

If we get to a F4 in Field Hockey, do well in the other Fall Sports we will be in the Top 20...to stay there would need a few more F4's.

In last Fall's Director Cup standings we finished #32. We scored 45 pts in Men's CC, 60 pts in FH, and 40 pts in Women's CC.

We won't be getting any points in women's CC, we are already in the F4 in FH so will have a minimum of 83 pts there with a potential for either 90 or 100 if we finish runner-up or NC. We need to finish 15th or higher in men's CC to get at least the 45 pts we got there last year. If we get to a bowl game we get 25 pts if we lose it and 45 pts if we win it. And by beating Cornell tonight in men's soccer I believe we already will have 50 pts in that sport with a potential for more if we continue to win.

So, if we finished at least 15th in men's CC, do not go any further in women's FH or men's soccer and lose a bowl game, we will have accumulated enough points to finish in the Top 15 based on last year's Top 15 qualifiers for Fall sports only.

Where we start to lose ground to other programs is in the Winter Sports, but maybe this year women's basketball and women's ice hockey will help the men's basketball by scoring points. Lately we recover from the Winter sports with a nice Spring score with men's and women's lacrosse, women's softball, and men's track and field, but it would be nice to see us finally start to score some point in women's tennis.

Cheers,
Neil

We may be in the top 20 after the fall sports, but overall we have no chance of finishing top 20. We don't compete in enough sports.

Also, we are in the final four in FH this weekend.

In last Fall's Director Cup standings we finished #32. We scored 45 pts in Men's CC, 60 pts in FH, and 40 pts in Women's CC.

We won't be getting any points in women's CC, we are already in the F4 in FH so will have a minimum of 83 pts there with a potential for either 90 or 100 if we finish runner-up or NC. We need to finish 15th or higher in men's CC to get at least the 45 pts we got there last year. If we get to a bowl game we get 25 pts if we lose it and 45 pts if we win it. And by beating Cornell tonight in men's soccer I believe we already will have 50 pts in that sport with a potential for more if we continue to win.

So, if we finished at least 15th in men's CC, do not go any further in women's FH or men's soccer and lose a bowl game, we will have accumulated enough points to finish in the Top 15 based on last year's Top 15 qualifiers for Fall sports only.

Where we start to lose ground to other programs is in the Winter Sports, but maybe this year women's basketball and women's ice hockey will help the men's basketball by scoring points. Lately we recover from the Winter sports with a nice Spring score with men's and women's lacrosse, women's softball, and men's track and field, but it would be nice to see us finally start to score some point in women's tennis.

Cheers,
Neil

Nice recap. I was actually looking at this last night and the men's soccer will make up for the women's CC. And hopefully we make a bowl game to push through more points. We really falter during the winter sports and then come back strong during the spring (bball, lax, softball). I think we have a decent shot of breaking our record finish of last year (#50).

Beats Cornell 1-0 in mens soccer. First NCAA game in almost 30 years.

VCU up next on Sunday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Soccer? Is that a real sport?

Soccer? Is that a real sport?

Lol. You should know.

I hate soccer, but Go CUSE!
With a name like Rocco, you hate soccer?
Itally-2006-world-cup.jpg

Beats Cornell 1-0 in mens soccer. First NCAA game in almost 30 years.

VCU up next on Sunday.

Huge! Well done lads!

Nice recap. I was actually looking at this last night and the men's soccer will make up for the women's CC. And hopefully we make a bowl game to push through more points. We really falter during the winter sports and then come back strong during the spring (bball, lax, softball). I think we have a decent shot of breaking our record finish of last year (#50).

We need a NCAA bid in Chick Hoops...head coach is gr8 recruiter/cheerleader for the program but not sure he can get them to the Sweet 16.

Sadly I thought the ice hockey would be Top 10 caliber by now...we'll see if they improve.

If the Mens BB can get to the F4 and the ladies win 1 NCAA game that woud help us tread water for a big spring finish.

i gotta ask you..and im ashamed i cant think of who it is..but who is that sexy broad jumping all over the place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom