Such a fitting end to the season | Syracusefan.com

Such a fitting end to the season

Losing at home to a crap team, getting outworked and outhustled, I'm kind of glad its over, the most disappointing team in Su history, I don't think I could take another game.
Me too. We weren't winning this thing anyway. I don't even think JB was that interested in the games.

Losing at home to a crap team, getting outworked and outhustled, I'm kind of glad its over, the most disappointing team in Su history, I don't think I could take another game.

Feel the same way -- was going to come on here to make a similar post.

Glad its over.

I don't know if this is the MOST disappointing team in program history, but it is up there. Frankly, it is miraculous that they got to 19 wins after that piss poor start... which says a lot. It took a minor miracle to not even get to 20 wins.

Glad its over.

I don't know if this is the MOST disappointing team in program history, but it is up there. Frankly, it is miraculous that they got to 19 wins after that piss poor start... which says a lot. It took a minor miracle to not even get to 20 wins.

I was trying to think of one, I really can't. I think this will go down as the most disappointing team that Jim has ever had.

I was trying to think of one, I really can't. I think this will go down as the most disappointing team that Jim has ever had.

Maybe relative to expecatations.

I don't think they were anywhere close to being the worst. They had offensive talent. They just couldn't get it together consistently. And I've never seen a worse defensive club. Bar none.

I'm ready for a change. I can't deal with the opposing team hitting g 60 percent in threes for a half and just sitting in a zone the whole time.

#hottake

It wasn't the zone D, it was more the perimeter players refusal to actually play D. They were SO soft today. They would make contact with the screen, and then just stop and watch the shooter. :noidea:

I'm ready for a change. I can't deal with the opposing team hitting g 60 percent in threes for a half and just sitting in a zone the whole time.

#hottake
m-2-m teams give up plenty of 3's too. Today our gurads consistently went under screens and allowed them to shoot uncontested 3's. All game. No adjustment. That's on JB.

Of course it's disappointing. But to say the players didn't care or weren't trying to win is just wrong. The other team hit 15 frickin 3s for crying out loud. Bad defense or just ridiculous offense, don't know. But these kids are more disappointed than any of us. Don't crucify them.

This team was a disappointment mainly based up on the optimism we had for this team at the very start of the season.
They looked like they were going to one of the more talented teams in a while and a scoring machine.
They turned into Jekyll and Hyde

Of course it's disappointing. But to say the players didn't care or weren't trying to win is just wrong. The other team hit 15 frickin 3s for crying out loud. Bad defense or just ridiculous offense, don't know. But these kids are more disappointed than any of us. Don't crucify them.
While at the same time, we couldn't buy a 3 - we were 1 for 10 at the start.
When we finally started hitting 3's, they kept matching them which killed every run we tried to make in the second half.
I was worried about the early start - it just seems like they had more trouble offensively this year when the game started at or before noon.

It wasn't the zone D, it was more the perimeter players refusal to actually play D. They were SO soft today. They would make contact with the screen, and then just stop and watch the shooter. :noidea:
Our guards went under screens yielding uncontested 3 point shots all game. Even when it was obvious they could make them. Never made any adjustment. That's on JB unless our guys just didn't listen.

Exactly how many times did ole Miss run a simple pick play at the top of the zone? They never seemed to figure out how to defend that. Many of those threes were not even good shots in the sense that they came early in the shot clock. They chucked up the first open look they got. Was so frustrated I wanted cuse to start fouling and putting them on the line every possession. Rather they get two shots to get two points with the clock stopped instead of one shot for three.

Thompson and Lydon stunk on D too. It was the entire defense.
The number of open drives they were getting to the hoop were infuriating.
And we were leading the rebound battle most of the game until the end.
The number of multiple attempts they got down the stretch was infuriating as well.
Seemed they just wanted it more.

Glad its over.

Absolutely is the most disappointing. And pretty close to being the worst. The Donte Greene team beat a top-10 Georgetown team, but lost to URI & UMass. That might be worse - but it's very close.

Regardless, it's clear that the 5th-year model will not work with this program. As good as White & Gillon were in some games, they were equally as bad in others (especially Gillon) and never fully adjusted defensively.

Absolutely is the most disappointing. And pretty close to being the worst. The Donte Greene team beat a top-10 Georgetown team, but lost to URI & UMass.

Regardless, it's clear that the 5th-year model will not work with this program. As good as White & Gillon were in some games, they were equally as bad in others (especially Gillon) and never fully adjusted defensively.

We are still going to probably go the 5th year route again for next year. There will be no starting caliber PG on the team without one.