Such a fitting end to the season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Such a fitting end to the season

There have been a lot of disappointing teams over the years. In my mind this is the most disappointing since 2006-07.

The common factor: returning players didn't improve enough (if at all).

Most disappointing team of my lifetime though is 2004-05. Not close.

There was a lot more going on behind the scenes with that team than met the eye. Think about where our self-reported drug sanctions first emerged from...and who was missing for that first round loss to Vermont, and you get the picture.

There have been a lot of disappointing teams over the years. In my mind this is the most disappointing since 2006-07.

The common factor: returning players didn't improve enough (if at all).

Most disappointing team of my lifetime though is 2004-05. Not close.

There have definitely been a few. 1997--after the Winfred Walton fiasco. 2002--having the team come apart at the seams after a promising start. Being the first team out of the NCAA in 1999. Going to back-2-back NITs in the mid '00s. 2014, after starting a program best 25-0. 2015, because of all of the negativity stemming from the NCAA, Batte, Bryant, etc.

I don't even care to gauge their relative level of suckitude compared to one another--they ALL sucked.

I know it goes further back: 16-13 in 1981-82. Plus everything RF mentioned above and 2008 too. All brutal.

We'll like this and move on. Because if anyone is the resident expert on any given subject, it is, in fact, you.
I'm not sure if you realize it but that last sentence is the very definition of not moving on.

We'll like this and move on. Because if anyone is the resident expert on any given subject, it is, in fact, you.

Hey buddy.jpg

Did you watch the same game that I did?
Yes I did.

You must have had guys on any team you were on that were ready to send you to the bench on many occasions.

Which SU players who have left early recently haven't gotten drafted and been paid?

Most did, doesn't mean Lydon is going to, all those other guys had the Ncaa tournament to boost their stock, Lydon doesn't have that.

Most did, doesn't mean Lydon is going to, all those other guys had the Ncaa tournament to boost their stock, Lydon doesn't have that.
I know, he's only been on the NBA's radar for a year and has the upcoming combine to show his stuff. Whatever will he do?

I know, he's only been on the NBA's radar for a year and has the upcoming combine to show his stuff. Whatever will he do?

So let me guess, you think he should leave?