Summer Sessions 1 & 2 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Sessions 1 & 2

I thought they just banned them last year. Isn’t that why last year’s summer camp started in late July? Did they cut the number of practices?
2 a days are gone most likely for good. They still have meetings and walk thrus all day so once camp starts it’s pretty much all football all day but 2 a day pads on practicing is gone

2 a days are gone most likely for good. They still have meetings and walk thrus all day so once camp starts it’s pretty much all football all day but 2 a day pads on practicing is gone
Them days are gone for sure and I see no scenario in which they return.

Right, but did they cut it he total number of practices? How can camp start in August if they didn’t cut the total number of practices and they can’t do two a days?

Right, but did they cut it he total number of practices? How can camp start in August if they didn’t cut the total number of practices and they can’t do two a days?

You still have as much activity & hours. You just can't do it in pads w/contact. A lot more walk-throughs, film and meetings.

Our days actually ended up being longer, just with much less contact.

Honestly, I think it was long overdue. And you can still rep stuff a bazillion times without going live or being in full pads.

Here's the rules directly from the book for reference.

Legislative Services Database - LSDBi

Last edited:
man, i had 3 and someitmes 4 a days back in HS. This is much better for the guys.

You still have as much activity & hours. You just can't do it in pads w/contact. A lot more walk-throughs, film and meetings.

Our days actually ended up being longer, just with much less contact.

Honestly, I think it was long overdue. And you can still rep stuff a bazillion times without going live or being in full pads.

Here's the rules directly from the book for reference.

Legislative Services Database - LSDBi

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll read it when I get home.

Also, just as an aside, I am not condoning the use of two-a-days. I was just under the impression that you had a set number of practices. Camp used to be shorter because two of those practices could be used in a single day. They got rid of two-a-days last season, so camp was extended back into July. Now it sounds like we’re moving back into August. So I was just wondering how that change could occur without reverting back to two-a-days or cutting the total number or practices.

I feel like I’m doing a bad job of explaining my question. Simply, was the overall number of full contact / padded practices decreased this season verses last season?

Mother of God. Wow...what a great pic, great angle. Shy is a beast and equally as fast. Get on the field bud and prove it !

Had the pleasure of sitting next to and meeting your son in the stands at the spring game the year he committed. Class act and polished kid. Been routing for him since. Hope he gets his shot and kills it!

O-line guys look like they've just been through the seven layers of hell... Love it!
Takes a lot more energy to move a 300lb object the same distance as the 200lb'ers in front of them.. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom