Summer Workouts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Has Westry made an appearance in any of these live clips, even just in the background? Curious if he's totally healthy and full-go for summer practice or still working his way back?

More arch on Benny’s jumper

Improved arc on the shot. I like Benny but…

Looks like a set (stationary, no lift, no urgency) shot that starts near his chest (blockable).

How often will he will be that open and set to get that shot In a game situation?

While it is an improvement, will have to wait to see for effectiveness.

Looks like a set (stationary, no lift, no urgency) shot that starts near his chest (blockable).

How often will he will be that open and set to get that shot In a game situation?

That was the the shot he was showcasing when he was hitting at a much higher clip late season. He is 6-10. I'd worry if that was from a 6-3 guard.

If the driving and passing ability of Mintz, Westry, and maybe Copeland are to be believed, he will have plenty of open looks to catch-and-shoot.

If the driving and passing ability of Mintz, Westry, and maybe Copeland are to be believed, he will have plenty of open looks to catch-and-shoot.

Bingo. His footwork and stepping into it looks crisp. His game should be much more defined in terms of what he focuses on. In many ways his role should be similar to how we utilized Wes Johnson. Obviously Wes was a G/F hybrid but had a sweet shot, was solid all around and aggressive when he had a lane to the rim. Also very good as a weaksside shot blocker.

B army's guys have been impressed with Benny. Really impressed with JJ

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2016-03-10-at-8.03.44-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2016-03-10-at-8.03.44-AM.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 36

Well at least we got something lol... Not surprised forwards and the big guy were the ones mostly mentioned given it was Cmac, Rak and Jimmy giving quotes.

Couple other overanalysis of a short article-

The rim protection comments are great to hear on McLeod. Bringing the ball down is no Bueno but Griff has done a great job with bigs in his time year focusing on our bigs keeping the ball high. Confident he can get through to the big fella for the limited touches he will get inside that aren't lobs.

Good to hear on Benny's confidence and that he stood out.

Good to hear on JJ too. JJ has a big chip it seems and that's a good thing for us. He looks ready to go based on the work he has done to his body.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom