Super Bowl LIV Game | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LIV Game

Alsacs did
I wanted him to score. If he wants to be an elite QB he leads his team down the field. He showed that Shannhan was smart not to put the game in his hands.

This game I wasn’t impressed by Garrapolo. He was passing off play action. Which was effective because SF could run the ball.
When has anyone got down to this granular level when someone's throwing darts? We better go back and look at a lot of film on why qb's had great games then. Ridiculous argument, imo. He's throwing to what's called and what defense is played. Now he's responsible for style points?

Never liked Andy in Philly but really starting to like him now. He deserves it.

Play calling wasn't great either. You can't put it all on Jimmy G. The guy missed what 6 times the whole game?
He was 2 for 10 in the last quarter.

A KC team that hasn't run the ball well ran for 129 yards. Mahomes didn't play that well most of the game yet finished with nearly 300 yards. The SF defense couldn't hold when it mattered.

When has anyone got down to this granular level when someone's throwing darts? We better go back and look at a lot of film on why qb's had great games then. Ridiculous argument, imo. He's throwing to what's called and what defense is played. Now he's responsible for style points?

At some point, you can't throw off of PA because game situation doesn't allow it. Exactly what happened when it became 24-20. We saw the result.

A KC team that hasn't run the ball well ran for 129 yards. Mahomes didn't play that well most of the game yet finished with nearly 300 yards. The SF defense couldn't hold when it mattered.

The 3rd and 15 changed the game. The 49ers not scoring on the previous possession had them on borrowed time.

I wanted him to score. If he wants to be an elite QB he leads his team down the field. He showed that Shannhan was smart not to put the game in his hands.
Dude you're all over the place. Who said, anything about what he wants to be? I was strictly looking at this game and this game only. I was giving credit where it's due and think people were way out of line throughout the game in critiquing him. I'm not a fan of his, just judging him on his performance tonight.

Dude you're all over the place. Who said, anything about what he wants to be? I was strictly looking at this game and this game only. I was giving credit where it's due and think people were way out of line throughout the game in critiquing him. I'm not a fan of his, just judging him on his performance tonight.
I give Jimmy G a C+ for this game.

You're not making any sense. In one post u say 20 points isn't winning the game for SF and then in another post u say Shanahan managed the game properly at the end of the 1H (which he didn't btw) by giving away a possession.

I listened to VSIN all week long and almost every guest and handicapper they had on pointed to SF having the coaching edge. Not.

Mahomes had 2 picks. Brutal 1st half int. whatever. He was like 19-22 in the 3rd qtr, and throwing accurate. If you're counting garbage time throws where he has no choice but to go down field and the D knows it...ok

You can’t be serious. It was crunch time not garbage time. He had a drive up 20-10, up 20-17, and down 24-20. How is that garbage time?

You're not making any sense. In one post u say 20 points isn't winning the game for SF and then in another post u say Shanahan managed the game properly at the end of the 1H (which he didn't btw) by giving away a possession.
The end of the first half was completely different than the 4th quarter.
Shannhan didn’t have trust in his QB at the end of the first half.
He didn’t want to give Mahomes an extra possession.
So he went conservative.

Once KC scores to make it 20-17 nobody in their right mind thought 20 points was going to win that game. Jimmy G played poorly the last 2 drives once it was 20-17. I am not even counting the very last one when it was 31-20.

How did Terry get the trophy presentation gig?!? Did they draw straws?

Did he just say Patrick Holmes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom