Support this team more than ever | Syracusefan.com

Support this team more than ever

310Pigpen

Starter
I think we as fans need to rally around this team and support them as much as we can. If this happens this can make for a very special year if everything goes our way with Bernie and what not. If our team plays angry and boeheim is pissed off all season this could make a very strong team come march.

Everyone can hold their heads up. If Bernie is guilty, let it come out quickly. But I am convinced he will be exonerated. Penn State and SU may be the opposite sides of the same coin. PSU: what happens when true allegations are made and no one cares. SU: what happens when false accusations are made and people care very much. As a social worker, I believe more often than not that true accusations are made. But occasionally false ones spring up. If these two men are lying and that is proven by rigorous investigation, it should (1) send a strong message to anyone who thinks they can get away with this, and (2) help every person in this country understand that when police and DA's believe they have enough evidence to charge someone, it should be taken very seriously. These terrible things DO happen to children, and communities need to come together to protect them. A consciousness shift is happening with these tragedies, and that is to the benefit of all.

Unfortunately its gonna take a miracle for Bernie to be shown to be innocent. ESPN is going to propagandize this thing to the fullest extent before they make it disappear if and when they decide the story isnt sticking. My fear is that this just goes away without Bernie being shown to be innocent or guilty, even though not a shred of my being believes him to be guilty after all thats come out.

If noone else credible comes forward on either side, ESPN will push the story onto the backpages, before they finally just stop talking about it and declare a stalemate. As of now the story is not about the accusers or Marc Schwarz, its about Jim Boeheim and the people backing Fine. The narrative has changed and the only thing keeping it alive is ESPN's paid propaganda writers like Dana O'Neil. If nothing come out, this will fade away and all that will be left is an innocent man's good reputation destroyed.

I understand your cynicism. But the Syracuse community would know of Bernie's innocence. And I would hope that he could be re-instated. Just because an exoneration often gets slipped to the national back page, doesn't mean it would be slipped to our back page. We can insist that this turn out differently!

I understand your cynicism. But the Syracuse community would know of Bernie's innocence. And I would hope that he could be re-instated. Just because an exoneration often gets slipped to the national back page, doesn't mean it would be slipped to our back page. We can insist that this turn out differently!

I really, really hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom