Suprised Goodman's mock draft hasn't received any comments | Syracusefan.com

Suprised Goodman's mock draft hasn't received any comments

Gabjon

All American

Michael Carter-Williams, PG, Syracuse: Upside, upside, upside. That's what NBA guys see with MCW due to his length and speed at the point guard position. He'll need to refine his perimeter shot, but there's so much potential with Carter-Williams. (Previous: 13)

36. Sacramento Kings
SAC.png

James Southerland, SF, Syracuse: Has the size and ability to shoot the ball that should move him up through the draft process. Southerland is also far more athletic than people realize, because he's been pegged as a shooter. (Previous: --)

I think MCW will go very high on size and athletic ability alone and in this new NBA where people only dunk and shoot 3s James will fine a job the kid was born at the right time.

6? I thought he was going 1st

I will be surprised if NN goes first after the ACL. If MCW shoots it well in workouts he could move up. Its an amazingly draft.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Kevin Durant didn't put it up once.
Yeah this isn't football. Bench is a useless measure for guards. How many times do Stephen Curry can bench 185? I'd bet zero! And he's pretty good ;)

Yeah this isn't football. Bench is a useless measure for guards. How many times do Stephen Curry can bench 185? I'd bet zero! And he's pretty good ;)

Stop with your obscure NBA references. They don't mean anything around here. ;)

44cuse

Kevin Durant didn't put it up once.
MCW is good and all . . . but he ain't no Durant

let's see whether his combine numbers support his presumed athleticism before we elevate him into the top 5

let's see whether his combine numbers support his presumed athleticism before we elevate him into the top 5

It doesn't matter that he isn't Durant. It only matters that Durant isn't in this draft.

He is the tallest, longest PG in the draft and his is by no means a stiff. He can run and he can jump...this isn't the NFL:p

I will be surprised if NN goes first after the ACL. If MCW shoots it well in workouts he could move up. Its an amazingly draft.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2[/quote Be prepared to be surprised.

The biggest deal about the combine for MCW is how Trey Burke measures. If he ends up being < 6'0" or his wingspan isn't the 6'5" it's supposedly been measured at, MCW probably jumps ahead of him on the draft board.

I think MCW will surprise some people at the combine because with his size, it doesn't look like he's moving as fast as some of the smaller guards, but I think he'll end up measuring pretty close to them speed wise.

I think MCW will go very high on size and athletic ability alone and in this new NBA where people only dunk and shoot 3s James will fine a job the kid was born at the right time.

You don't watch much NBA do you? That is a blanket statement that doesn't fit the NBA. Maybe if you watch a game in the middle of January between the Pistons and the Kings when the teams are playing their 38th game in an 82 game season you might see lots of dunks and 3's.

Agree.

However, it became quite apparent in last night's game against the Nuggets that being a bit phyical with Curry throws him off his game. He looked quite ordinary last night. No doubt he's a very good (finesse) player, but if Curry expects to become elite or top notch in the league (especially come playoff time) for the duration, he most definitely will need to improve upon his physique. He has a boy's body, ala MCW. MCW certainly does not have to be a benching champion, etc., however, he will really need to get considerably stronger, in addition to honing his shooting & handle prowess.

You don't watch much NBA do you? That is a blanket statement that doesn't fit the NBA. Maybe if you watch a game in the middle of January between the Pistons and the Kings when the teams are playing their 38th game in an 82 game season you might see lots of dunks and 3's.
Lol! I watch more nba than anyone on this board and you are wrong if you compare the game to anytime in its history its "all" 3s and dunks its just where the game is going.

Agree.

However, it became quite apparent in last night's game against the Nuggets that being a bit phyical with Curry throws him off his game. He looked quite ordinary last night. No doubt he's a very good (finesse) player, but if Curry expects to become elite or top notch in the league (especially come playoff time) for the duration, he most definitely will need to improve upon his physique. He has a boy's body, ala MCW. MCW certainly does not have to be a benching champion, etc., however, he will really need to get considerably stronger, in addition to honing his shooting & handle prowess.

Agreed, and I think simply getting stronger will fix a lot of his issues. A lot of times when he loses the ball, it's because he's weak and gets bumped and loses control of the ball. Obviously being stronger will help his finishing ability too.

Agree.

Agreed but has nothing to do with draft position

Personally, I'd love to see him slip to OKC (they have a lottery pick). Move Westbrook to the off guard, MCW can play point on offense and get help from Westbrook when necessary. He can match up against the 1 or 2 on defense depending on the matchup and we get another Cuse player on a relevant team.

If you don't think Steph Curry is elite right now in the playoffs I am not sure what you are watching. He had an off game last night, but other than that he has been elite this entire series. Give me Steph Curry on my team anyday. His shooting and passing alone make him elite. He's a better version of Steve Nash. Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul are about the only pg's ahead of him imo and its pretty close between those three.

If you don't think Steph Curry is elite right now in the playoffs I am not sure what you are watching. He had an off game last night, but other than that he has been elite this entire series. Give me Steph Curry on my team anyday. His shooting and passing alone make him elite. He's a better version of Steve Nash. Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul are about the only pg's ahead of him imo and its pretty close between those three.

Statistically, he's not as good a shooter as Nash, and it's not even a debate about who the better passer is. Nash is by far the better passer.

Statistically, he's not as good a shooter as Nash, and it's not even a debate about who the better passer is. Nash is by far the better passer.
Nash 5-10 years ago of course. Today Nash is a shell of himself. Its sad watching him play now...

Curry is already the GOAT shooter, he doesn't need to be stronger