Sure enough, they're going to give away the good home games | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sure enough, they're going to give away the good home games

Not really when you know Cantor is calling the shots.

Do you think Gross would speak without Cantor's approval in this type of situation where he is directly contradicting what she implied?

It seems the Chancellor got a bit to chatty in the interview and didn't know when to stop talking.

Do you think Gross would speak without Cantor's approval in this type of situation where he is directly contradicting what she implied?

It seems the Chancellor got a bit to chatty in the interview and didn't know when to stop talking.

I now feel a lot better, but don't trust her. She had some reason to use the word "absolutely". And Gross I already don't trust. He said the USC game would be in the Dome.

This is another reason why some need to stop wishing for Boeheim to retire... He is Cuse bbal, and would never allow this. I know he's retiring soon, but hopefully he'll somehow still be attached in some sort of reduce role to allow him time with his "kids".

And I'd also like to add, even though B and the Dr seemed to have put this to rest, the idea was just terrible...
I was at the Cuse/Unc game, and while I"m sure the ticket allotment and sales would be different, unc def had a large turnout in the garden... so moving our conf games there would be beyond stupid. The only thing I can think of to make any sense of the statement is "conference" meant our current conference games... gtown, nova, st john... :noidea:

Yeah, people are getting carried away.

It'd be surprising and disappointing to see a conference "home" game get scheduled in New York instead of the Dome. I'll believe it when I see it. And I'll probably complain about it. Until then, nothing to get worked up about.

You hit the nail on the head. No chance in hell bball conference bball games will be moved to the Garden. Ain't gonna happen.

There's a difference between moving a game from Saturday to Thursday because of TV. It's an entirely different thing to move the game 250 miles away just because TV says so. We should start asking Duke and Carolina fans whether they're afraid to come to our home, like they do with everyone else. Cooler heads can prevail ...

If we ever have a home conference game in the Garden, I will eat a roll of quarters. You people seriously, seriously took a flubbed quote by Chancy Nancy, who has already proven to be ing horrible at speaking coherently in casual environments, and ran with it. She's talking about moving SU non conference home games to the Garden (boo hoo so we play Kansas State or someone neutral site) and said ACC too close to it and made it sound like she meant "Let's play conference games in the Garden." Name a single time in any league where conference games are played in neutral sites where it isn't a rivalry series intended to be played neutral site every year.

If we ever have a home conference game in the Garden, I will eat a roll of quarters. You people seriously, seriously took a flubbed quote by Chancy Nancy, who has already proven to be ******* horrible at speaking coherently in casual environments, and ran with it. She's talking about moving SU non conference home games to the Garden (boo hoo so we play Kansas State or someone neutral site) and said ACC too close to it and made it sound like she meant "Let's play conference games in the Garden." Name a single time in any league where conference games are played in neutral sites where it isn't a rivalry series intended to be played neutral site every year.

You are 100% wrong in what she meant in her statement. Will it happen? Who knows, maybe smarter people will win out.

OK, JB and Gross. Still not a retraction by Cantor. Also know that all of these conference moves are being led by Presidents and Chancellors, not the AD's of the world at individual schools. I don't trust Cantor and I'll wait till I hear her admit she misspoke or see a schedule.

PS: Do you remember when SU said we were playing a home and home with USC and would get them in the Dome?

That is my point.

None of this is worth getting wild about until we see a schedule that has Syracuse playing 8 conference games in the Dome and 1 in the Garden. That would be very disappointing, but it's not going to happen.

Chancy Nancy made a rather vague quote about basketball games in New York and a reporter made some extreme inferences about that. Then the two people who have the most to do with the schedule said that under no circumstances would Syracuse play a "home" conference game in New York.

There's no story here.

That is my point.

None of this is worth getting wild about until we see a schedule that has Syracuse playing 8 conference games in the Dome and 1 in the Garden. That would be very disappointing, but it's not going to happen.

Chancy Nancy made a rather vague quote about basketball games in New York and a reporter made some extreme inferences about that. Then the two people who have the most to do with the schedule said that under no circumstances would Syracuse play a "home" conference game in New York.

There's no story here.

Not to get in a back and forth, but that is incorrect. Cantor meant what she said. She wasn't vague about it either when she said absolutely.

Not to get in a back and forth, but that is incorrect. Cantor meant what she said. She wasn't vague about it either when she said absolutely.

OK, no back and forth, but striking anything I said about whether or not this might happen or what she said or what she meant, this is my sentiment:

This is not worth getting worked up about until I see it on the schedule. (Which, incidentally, you ended up saying - as I highlighted - several posts later.)

OK, no back and forth, but striking anything I said about whether or not this might happen or what she said or what she meant, this is my sentiment:

This is not worth getting worked up about until I see it on the schedule. (Which, incidentally, you ended up saying - as I highlighted - several posts later.)

Getting worked up for nothing is one thing but being proactive and letting SU know how you feel about an issue they themselves brought up is another. Waiting till it happens is way too late - contracts have been signed and the deed is done. At that point you might get a "rethink our position" blurb for the future -that's it.

Could have just been a mis-statement or it could have been a trial balloon to gauge reactions. It also could have been easily cleared up by having the chancellor refute her own comments and state what she did mean. Interesting that they used JB and Gross. I do hope you are absolutely right and it's just blather but when the chancellor speaks people do have a tendency to listen particularly after the football issues regarding big name opponents. When Dr Gross said we'd have a home game at the dome with USC it certainly wasn't a misspoken statement either and no one can do anything about it now (after the fact)can they?

Getting worked up for nothing is one thing but being proactive and letting SU know how you feel about an issue they themselves brought up is another. Waiting till it happens is way too late - contracts have been signed and the deed is done. At that point you might get a "rethink our position" blurb for the future -that's it.

Could have just been a mis-statement or it could have been a trial balloon to gauge reactions. It also could have been easily cleared up by having the chancellor refute her own comments and state what she did mean. Interesting that they used JB and Gross. I do hope you are absolutely right and it's just blather but when the chancellor speaks people do have a tendency to listen particularly after the football issues regarding big name opponents. When Dr Gross said we'd have a home game at the dome with USC it certainly wasn't a misspoken statement either and no one can do anything about it now (after the fact)can they?

Agree on all counts.

That is my point.

There's no story here.

We got a winner

We got a winner

Except they are going to play some ACC home games in NYC. Hopefully it looks like it may not be Duke or UNC though.

Again,
Except they are going to play some ACC home games in NYC. Hopefully it looks like it may not be Duke or UNC though.

You have no idea if that is going to happen yet -- i think thats the point. You can complain about it if and when it happens. But the Duke and UNC thing was never going to happen anyway. That's nutty.

As far as other conference games at MSG are concerned, I could be talked into it if its set up as TGD says. It would have to be a return trip to an NBA arena (Wake in Charlotte, Florida State in Orlando).

Even still, I don't find any point in giving away SU home games to MSG when we can easily play there 2 or 3 times a year by playing the Johnnies, Seton Hall, or Uconn and a pre-season tourney.

Again,

You have no idea if that is going to happen yet -- i think thats the point. You can complain about it if and when it happens. But the Duke and UNC thing was never going to happen anyway. That's nutty.

As far as other conference games at MSG are concerned, I could be talked into it if its set up as TGD says. It would have to be a return trip to an NBA arena (Wake in Charlotte, Florida State in Orlando).

Even still, I don't find any point in giving away SU home games to MSG when we can easily play there 2 or 3 times a year by playing the Johnnies, Seton Hall, or Uconn and a pre-season tourney.

I tend to believe what the Chancellor says when I know for a fact what she meant and she is also the one who made certain promises to the ACC. Everything else is air cover right now and like I also said several times, lets hope smarter people can get us out of anything she promised.

I tend to believe what the Chancellor says when I know for a fact what she meant and she is also the one who made certain promises to the ACC. Everything else is air cover right now and like I also said several times, lets hope smarter people can get us out of anything she promised.
Bees everyone knows JB makes the Bball schedule. The only way we play a coast league game in NYC is if Jim is dead, retired or fired. Until then don't sweat it.

Youre making stuff up now Bees. Unless you bugged the Chancy Nancy- Swofford phone call, you haven't a clue what she promised and don't know anything as fact. And you are nuts if you truly believe our admins would give up Duke or UNC record breakers for a neutral site game.

We should not play ANY ACC games in MSG. Instead lets schedule a couple good out of conference games in MSG. Lets schedule UCLA or Kansas or Texas for some out of conference games in NYC. But we should NEVER EVER give up our basketball home court advantage for Duke or North Carolina unless they are willing to give up some of their home games when they play us at their home.

Youre making stuff up now Bees. Unless you bugged the Chancy Nancy- Swofford phone call, you haven't a clue what she promised and don't know anything as fact. And you are nuts if you truly believe our admins would give up Duke or UNC record breakers for a neutral site game.

Not making a thing up. First, I said I know for a FACT what she said and meant, that is 100% true. Second, I didn't mean I know what she promised. I only know she is the one that finalized the deal and talked to Swofford. Worded poorly by having the "also" in the same sentence. As far as UNC and Duke, I also said it looks like it ISN'T them. But then again, I don't trust what they say anyway.

We should not play ANY ACC games in MSG. Instead lets schedule a couple good out of conference games in MSG. Lets schedule UCLA or Kansas or Texas for some out of conference games in NYC. But we should NEVER EVER give up our basketball home court advantage for Duke or North Carolina unless they are willing to give up some of their home games when they play us at their home.

We won't, unless the SU decision-makers are suicidal. It would be considered a slap in the face to the local fans and students who are always there to support the team, night in and night out.... and I wouldn't blame them for raising holy hell if that happens. A few OOC games or an early-season tourney...yes, but regular-season conference games...no!

Has Cantor fallen victim to the sportscasters brainwashing that MSG/NYC is a "home game" for SU?
Somebody who knows calculate the differnce in income for 30,000 in the dome to 18,000 (?) in MSG. Are ticket prices for MSG 60% higher to make up the difference?

Except to rubber-stamp what JB and the AD want to do, she should really keep her nose out of athletics. She has absolutely no clue when it comes to that. :(