Swag Daddy Updates... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Swag Daddy Updates...

I assume #pjlife stands for private jet life. Nice.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time !!

family guy dancing GIF

How did 'Swag Daddy' start?
Thought you'd like to know more facts about"swag daddy" since he's been in the business, especially at SU. Nick has been successful wherever he’s been. His “swag” is well deserved. And to add an excellent accent to his career he drives a Cobra powered black Mustang. If we are successful this year better raise him again there are plenty of offers, I bet, he has in his back pocket.

Nick Monroe - Defensive Passing Game Coordinator/Safeties - Staff Directory - Syracuse University Athletics

Monroe was a four-year letterwinner at cornerback for St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. He earned his undergraduate degree in marketing from the school in 2001.

Nick Monroe, who has won conference championships at each of his previous coaching stops, is in his seventh year with the Orange. He joined the staff in 2016 and served as Syracuse’s secondary coach for two seasons before narrowing his focus to the Orange’s safeties and nickelbacks in 2018, and safeties and rovers in 2020.

Over the past four seasons, Monroe has co-directed a Syracuse pass defense that has thrived on creating turnovers. The Orange have intercepted 46 passes in 48 games (0.96 per game) since the start of 2018, including a streak of 17 straight games with a pick from Aug. 31, 2018 to Sept. 21, 2019. The streak tied for the third-longest in major college football since 2004.

In his current role of coaching safties and rovers, Monroe took a group that lost a pair of NFL DBs due to injury early in the season in 2020, turning to start three freshmen at the three spots. Ja’Had Carter became a Freshman All-American under his watch, finishing the year with 67 tackles and two interceptions. Rob Hanna also notched north of 50 tackles in his first season of college football.

The group excelled in 2021, as ‘Cuse put together its best total defense season in a decade, finishing second in the ACC and 19th nationally after allowing just 330 yards per game.

In 2018, Syracuse’s defensive backfield was fifth nationally in interceptions (18). His unit was directly responsible for 11 picks, including an FBS-leading seven by freshman Andre Cisco. The takeaways contributed to a 111-46 advantage in points off turnovers, as the Orange went 10-3 and won the 2018 Camping World Bowl. Cisco was recognized as one of the top safeties in America. He was voted the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year and became the first true freshman in program history to earn All-America honors.

It only gets better - please click on the link if you care to.

Thought you'd like to know more facts about"swag daddy" since he's been in the business, especially at SU. Nick has been successful wherever he’s been. His “swag” is well deserved. And to add an excellent accent to his career he drives a Cobra powered black Mustang. If we are successful this year better raise him again there are plenty of offers, I bet, he has in his back pocket.

Nick Monroe - Defensive Passing Game Coordinator/Safeties - Staff Directory - Syracuse University Athletics

Monroe was a four-year letterwinner at cornerback for St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. He earned his undergraduate degree in marketing from the school in 2001.

Nick Monroe, who has won conference championships at each of his previous coaching stops, is in his seventh year with the Orange. He joined the staff in 2016 and served as Syracuse’s secondary coach for two seasons before narrowing his focus to the Orange’s safeties and nickelbacks in 2018, and safeties and rovers in 2020.

Over the past four seasons, Monroe has co-directed a Syracuse pass defense that has thrived on creating turnovers. The Orange have intercepted 46 passes in 48 games (0.96 per game) since the start of 2018, including a streak of 17 straight games with a pick from Aug. 31, 2018 to Sept. 21, 2019. The streak tied for the third-longest in major college football since 2004.

In his current role of coaching safties and rovers, Monroe took a group that lost a pair of NFL DBs due to injury early in the season in 2020, turning to start three freshmen at the three spots. Ja’Had Carter became a Freshman All-American under his watch, finishing the year with 67 tackles and two interceptions. Rob Hanna also notched north of 50 tackles in his first season of college football.

The group excelled in 2021, as ‘Cuse put together its best total defense season in a decade, finishing second in the ACC and 19th nationally after allowing just 330 yards per game.

In 2018, Syracuse’s defensive backfield was fifth nationally in interceptions (18). His unit was directly responsible for 11 picks, including an FBS-leading seven by freshman Andre Cisco. The takeaways contributed to a 111-46 advantage in points off turnovers, as the Orange went 10-3 and won the 2018 Camping World Bowl. Cisco was recognized as one of the top safeties in America. He was voted the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year and became the first true freshman in program history to earn All-America honors.

It only gets better - please click on the link if you care to.
He is our best and most valuable assistant.

He must be trying to reel a big fish in for this class is my guess? Usually fly private to a smaller airport to save time so maybe someone not located in big city? Get em SD
He must be trying to reel a big fish in for this class is my guess? Usually fly private to a smaller airport to save time so maybe someone not located in big city? Get em SD

Really? More so than White? Good recruiter but defense wasn’t very good before White. Splitting hairs but White is way more valuable than Monroe IMO
I think Monroe is more valuable for now. He helps bring in the prospects that fits the defense. He's had success recruiting and coaching prior to Tony's arrival. I do think Tony's value is increasing at a fast rate.

Really? More so than White? Good recruiter but defense wasn’t very good before White. Splitting hairs but White is way more valuable than Monroe IMO
100%. Can't believe we've been able to hang onto White

Did you not watch the 2018 season?

White wasn’t here.
Swag Daddy was.

We had a very good, VERY opportunistic D that year.
I watched every play that year and that was an
opportunistic defense in a very down year for the ACC. I was also at the Maryland game in 2019where all of the 2018 momentum was lost in 2 quarters. Swag Daddy was the position group coach of a unit who was embarrassed over and over in 2019. Not trying to put down our guys but IMO White is way more valuable. But I am glad to have both for sure. I hope SU makes a bowl and can keep these guys together for a few more seasons.
Go Orange!!!

I didnt include coordinators.
Still its hard to argue against our best recruiter who also happens to coach our best unit and put kids in the league. Lets not split hairs. The guy is excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom