Sweep the Leg!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Sweep the Leg!!!!

GoSU96

Living Legend
After some of the bad breaks in key spots this year it's nice to get a favorable no call for once.

After some of the bad breaks in key spots this year it's nice to get a favorable no call for once.
Bottom line...Geno is over rated.

I'd take Ryan long before I'd take Geno.

Tripping is actually legal in the NCAA.

From the official rulebook:
FR-83: Rule 9 - Conduct of Players and Others Subject to the Rules
Article 2
c. There shall be no tripping. (Exception: Tripping the runner is not a foul.)

I know it's illegal in the NFL, but why? Your goal is to get a runner to the ground. Why on earth would tripping not be allowed in the first place? Just a bizarre rule to begin with. I can understand not tripping blockers, tacklers, etc. But the ball carrier? Odd.

I know it's illegal in the NFL, but why? Your goal is to get a runner to the ground. Why on earth would tripping not be allowed in the first place? Just a bizarre rule to begin with. I can understand not tripping blockers, tacklers, etc. But the ball carrier? Odd.

It's really quite comical. If the guy reaches out with his hand and trips him, it's considered a shoe-string tackle. If he reaches out with his foot, it's a penalty. Not very logical for a game called "football".

We had the same discussion here about tripping. Makes no sense, goal is to stop the run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom