Symir Torrence transferring to Binghamton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence transferring to Binghamton

Oh never knew that. Do you mind sharing who the assistants wanted?
Yep, the guys reallllllly wanted to go after Justin Powell and Griff wanted to go after Charlie Moore. Now, it was going to be an extremely hard sell because Joe and Buddy were here and Symir knew the deal but yeah, they were wanting to upgrade the guard positon

Was hopeful that Symir might be a bigger contributor this year, after he played so well in last year's ACCT.

But it didn't pan out, and I wish him nothing but the best.

Win-win with him moving on. Hope he lands somewhere where he can play, and hope we take advantage of the open scholarship to upgrade the roster via the portal.

Despite transferring, Symir will always be looked upon in the future as Orange.

Dare I read into this and presume this indicates Judah's coming back, and Symir sees no time with JJ and Judah here next year? Sounds like Joe is probably gone, and if Judah left too there would be an opportunity to split minutes with Quadir and JT at guard. Especially if we play 3 guards from time to time. However, if we have Judah and JJ, they would likely play 35 minutes each.

I was under the impression that the 1 year sitting for transferring was waved for only the 1st time through the portal. That was to prevent kids transferring every year. Am I wrong or was his move not a portal transfer or there an exception for covid year kids?

I was under the impression that the 1 year sitting for transferring was waved for only the 1st time through the portal. That was to prevent kids transferring every year. Am I wrong or was his move not a portal transfer or there an exception for covid year kids?
grad transfer
but even if he wasn't a grad transfer, because his coach "left", the ncaa would granted it

Also if Gmac does end up as a HC in NY, I would bet my last dollar Symir would join him unless that takes too long and Symir gets a spot somewhere in the meantime
If Dwayne Killings doesn't get fired from UAlbany, look for that as a potential landing spot. Former Marquette associate head coach.

If Sy never came here, I would have assumed he would’ve ended up at Albany. Former Marquette Assistant is the head coach there.

Could also mean we’re taking another portal guard….Battle?
I'm hoping to not see us involved with any other guards, because that would indicate we have our guys: Judah/JJ, with Quadir/JT off the bench. That would be a very good guard group.

I'm hoping to not see us involved with any other guards, because that would indicate we have our guys: Judah/JJ, with Quadir/JT off the bench. That would be a very good guard group.
The starting two, yes. That second two is a big drop off.

Agree!!! Don’t wanna lose any of them!!!

It's too bad things probably didn't work out for Symir the way he hoped. I actually thought we were better with him on the floor down the stretch at the end of the 21-22 season, but this past year he was buried. Hope he finds a good landing spot where he can get some run.

Last edited:
Bummer. Really like Symir and kept hoping he would get more PT this season. Watching him come out of games, being attentive to JB, cheering for his teammates, nothing but maximum effort on the court. Wish he was sticking. But hope he finds what he’s looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom