Syracuse and Louisville Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse and Louisville Rankings

All power conference teams with high NET ratings all played at least four or more road games out of the conferences. Two neutral site games is counted as one road game. So this year we only played two road games out of the conference. Our schedule has deducted 20 points from the start without losing a game.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but what the heck are you talking about?

I am not quite sure where you get two neutrals = one road. That has never been announced, as well as any other part of the algorithm, only the items that make it up. But let's go with that for S&G.

Looking at the top 10 teams in the NET rankings (based on games through Saturday), exactly 3 (that's three) teams have played 4 or more road games (again, with the at-best dubious 2 neutral=1 road assumption) - UNC, Purdue, and Wisconsin. And that is the top 10 P5 teams. Gonzaga played a total of 4, but they play in the WCC - they have to. Even Houston (#7) played only a total of 2 'road games', and they're in the American.

You were correct about Syracuse - by your 2N=1R calculation we played only 2 road games. Michigan only played 2 also. Duke, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Texas Tech all played 2.5.

So I'm not sure where you came up with "All power conference teams with high NET ratings all played at least four or more road games out of the conferences." Did you think no one would look this up? It's what I do. ;)

I'm also puzzled by what you mean by "Our schedule has deducted 20 points from the start without losing a game". 20 points of what? From what?

O.K. I don't get this:

Louisville is ranked in the Top 25. Syracuse is not.

Louisville: 17-7 overall. 8-3 in the ACC

Syracuse: 17-7 overall. 8-3 in the ACC

What is wrong with this picture? Why is L'ville ranked so high and we are not even in the Top 25. Looking at the wins and losses for both teams, it doesn't look that different. Yes, we lost some games we should have won but all in all, things look pretty equal.

By the way, if anyone was wondering, Accurater2 is not a Miami Hurricane fan. She's a Miami RedHawk fan!
Miami RedHawks football - Wikipedia

Last edited:
If we go 5-2 Syracuse will be a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAAT.
13-5 in the ACC will get us seeded highly.
Probably true but who will SU beat to get those 5 wins? Wake and what other 4 teams?

And, it's the Miami that's in Ohio where you have to study!

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom