Syracuse class sneaky good | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse class sneaky good

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member

1. WHICH SCHOOL OUTSIDE THE TOP 15 IN THE RECRUITING RANKINGS COULD HAVE A SNEAKY GOOD 2022 CLASS?​

McDonald: I’ll go with Syracuse. The four-star trio of Quadir Copeland, Chris Bunch and
Justin Taylor all fit what the Orange need perfectly. Copeland is the play-making guard with length and athleticism to play in the front of the zone. Bunch is another long, athletic forward that will be perfect playing on the wing in the back line of the zone. Taylor’s ability to make shots will be much needed as Buddy Boeheim departs from the program. And lastly,
Peter Carey is an intriguing 7-footer with upside to anchor the middle of the zone. I really like what Jim Boeheim and his staff did during the early signing period.

1. WHICH SCHOOL OUTSIDE THE TOP 15 IN THE RECRUITING RANKINGS COULD HAVE A SNEAKY GOOD 2022 CLASS?​

McDonald: I’ll go with Syracuse. The four-star trio of Quadir Copeland, Chris Bunch and
Justin Taylor all fit what the Orange need perfectly. Copeland is the play-making guard with length and athleticism to play in the front of the zone. Bunch is another long, athletic forward that will be perfect playing on the wing in the back line of the zone. Taylor’s ability to make shots will be much needed as Buddy Boeheim departs from the program. And lastly,
Peter Carey is an intriguing 7-footer with upside to anchor the middle of the zone. I really like what Jim Boeheim and his staff did during the early signing period.
Agreed and it’s portal favorable. And maybe Brey gets canned.

That is nice but I wish McDonald mentioned Maliq Brown as well. He was a top 100 recruit for a year or two. Having a fine senior season. Maliq is going to make McDonald look bad.

Who's McDonald?

That is nice but I wish McDonald mentioned Maliq Brown as well. He was a top 100 recruit for a year or two. Having a fine senior season. Maliq is going to make McDonald look bad.
Totally agree. McDonald actually had a separate post on Rivals a few weeks back where he looked at 2022 classes outside of the top 10 that he really liked. He omitted Brown there, too. Not sure why.

Totally agree. McDonald actually had a separate post on Rivals a few weeks back where he looked at 2022 classes outside of the top 10 that he really liked. He omitted Brown there, too. Not sure why.
It’s because Rivals still doesn’t list him as a Syracuse commit. Even though he signed already.

Let’s land him,still available (I think) Adam wave some Bitcom.OSU QB transfer in line for 1M signing bonus. Read it somewhere.

As long as it's not Old McDonald. He doesn't know jack about b'ball.

He's pretty good at animal impersonations, though.

Put me in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp. I don't have much faith left in Boeheim's talent evaluation skills. He used to be amongst the best in the business in finding diamonds in the rough and undervalued players but recently so many of the higher ranked FR that he's landed have been marginal players or busts. I'll freely admit, though, that on paper this looks like one of his best classes in quite some time. We'll see how it turns out... Hope I eat crow.

Put me in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp. I don't have much faith left in Boeheim's talent evaluation skills. He used to be amongst the best in the business in finding diamonds in the rough and undervalued players but recently so many of the higher ranked FR that he's landed have been marginal players or busts. I'll freely admit, though, that on paper this looks like one of his best classes in quite some time. We'll see how it turns out... Hope I eat crow.

What this class looks like to me is a pretty good group of 2nd and 3rd choices, filling in all the blanks. Best case scenario is the 2002 team. They were kind of like that, other than Edelin and maybe Konecny, who were a bit higher rated.

What this class looks like to me is a pretty good group of 2nd and 3rd choices, filling in all the blanks. Best case scenario is the 2002 team. They were kind of like that, other than Edelin and maybe Konecny, who were a bit higher rated.
Hope you’re right. Warrick’s development into an all time great made that one of our better classes even with getting nothing out of Konecny and nowhere near what we could’ve out of Edelin - career wise.

Hope you’re right. Warrick’s development into an all time great made that one of our better classes even with getting nothing out of Konecny and nowhere near what we could’ve out of Edelin - career wise.
Konecny never should have been admitted, he was a problem everywhere he went.

Same. Honestly, looking at the existing roster and the incoming class ... how do we think it's going to shake out? Assumes only Buddy is as good as gone from everything said last season and Jimmy definitely is. Other than that, I'm assuming that everyone else with eligibility returns.

Starters: Joe, Quadir/Taylor, Cole, Benny, Jesse
Bench: Symir, Quadir/Taylor, Anselam with Bunch, Jones Brown, and Carey at the end of the bench.

And that's an 8-man team.

Last edited:
Same. Honestly, looking at the existing roster and the incoming class ... how do we think it's going to shake out? Assumes only Buddy is as good as gone from everything said last season and Jimmy definitely is. Other than that, I'm assuming that everyone else with eligibility returns.

Bench: Symir, Quadir/Taylor, Anselam with Bunch, Jones, and Carey at the end of the bench.

Cole staying?

Bench: Symir, Quadir/Taylor, Anselam with Bunch, Jones, and Carey at the end of the bench.

Jesse staying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom