Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary stuff. Really happy to hear that Steven should be able to continue his career, not only for him & his family, but also for us fans who enjoy watching him out there. It's nice to have that Redshirt in the back pocket as well, just in case.

Steve should be fine. 3 of the 4 clots are completely gone. That 4th one is dissolving, though at a slow rate. He goes back in for a doppler in May to see if the 4th clot is completely gone. We expect it to be. Once it's gone, he's off the thinners and, according to his hematologist here in Alabama, he'll be able to play.

As far as working out, he's pretty much participating in all of the workouts, with the exception being heavy squatting. Instead, he's doing a lot of leg presses, extensions, curls, lunges, etc. He's also doing a lot of sprinting (10s, 20s, 40s, 100s), and some distance work. His bench has improved immensely; he's past 450 and will likely get to 500 before the season starts.

Good news, bcubs. Steve is a stud.

Quick observations - it seems like a lot of the players report being much stronger, like Steve's immensely improved bench. Any thoughts on how much of this is due to the new training system/philosophy?

Good news, bcubs. Steve is a stud.

Quick observations - it seems like a lot of the players report being much stronger, like Steve's immensely improved bench. Any thoughts on how much of this is due to the new training system/philosophy?
Probably quite a bit.

A new clot would only happen if he were to be seriously injured. That knee injury prior to the NC State game WASN'T serious. Had it not been for shoe-horning his 2X leg into an XL brace, he'd have been ready to go for the Pitt game.

Also, he'd had experienced a worse knee injury back in his sophomore year in high school and was in a brace for the rest of that season. No problems (clotting), and was able to play 3 weeks after that injury.

That's unconscionable. That just can't happen.

Steve should be fine. 3 of the 4 clots are completely gone. That 4th one is dissolving, though at a slow rate. He goes back in for a doppler in May to see if the 4th clot is completely gone. We expect it to be. Once it's gone, he's off the thinners and, according to his hematologist here in Alabama, he'll be able to play.

As far as working out, he's pretty much participating in all of the workouts, with the exception being heavy squatting. Instead, he's doing a lot of leg presses, extensions, curls, lunges, etc. He's also doing a lot of sprinting (10s, 20s, 40s, 100s), and some distance work. His bench has improved immensely; he's past 450 and will likely get to 500 before the season starts.

Great to hear bcubs. I work in cardiovascular health and the fact 3 clots have already dissolved is a great sign. Prayers for that 4th one dissolving. We need him!

Best wishes to Steven and his recovery. BTW, how's that guitar playing going, Bcubs?

Best wishes to Steven and his recovery. BTW, how's that guitar playing going, Bcubs?
Not too good. Been trying for months to somehow deal with the "ice-pick" sound when picking fast passages. Sounds great when playing a passage legato; sounds like dog-squeeze when picking. HATE the "ice-pick" sound.

Same thing happen to a brother in my fraternity. It was terrifying for everyone. He's since recovered fairly quickly and lives a regular happy life after a few months of intense blood thinner treatment and monitoring. Happy to hear Steven's improving well, it's the sort of complication/disorder that nobody ever sees coming.

I was just about to post that you had said this on the other site when I saw this post. lol :p

Shint%C5%8D_prayer.jpg

I am betting that there is only a small chance that he's DQ'd. Should DQ actually occur, Steven might NOT actually decide to transfer. I will say, though, that transferring to another school to continue playing football is an option.

Prayers out to Steven, would be a big blow to our progress and fanbase should he be dq'd. Him, Slayton and Samuels already have a ton of fans. I've greatly enjoyed your posts and following your son since the very beginning of the recruitment.

I am betting that there is only a small chance that he's DQ'd. Should DQ actually occur, Steven might NOT actually decide to transfer. I will say, though, that transferring to another school to continue playing football is an option.
Update; I was wrong. Despite getting a clean bill of health from the vascular surgeon and hematologist down here, the hematologist up there, after taking him off blood thinners 2 months ago, wants him back on them, indefinitely.

Update; I was wrong. Despite getting a clean bill of health from the vascular surgeon and hematologist down here, the hematologist up there, after taking him off blood thinners 2 months ago, wants him back on them, indefinitely.
ok, so when im not being vague and making people guess what im saying, im direct.

this is the latter.

what does this mean??

he was cleared in Bama, but Cuse did not. correct??

is there now tension with the SU medical team and will this hasten a departure??

does he think hes good to resume football activities??

Status
Not open for further replies.