Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if serious.
Totally serious. Schools can be . Like Miami was this year. Syracuse could have blocked WMU from Steven when they released him. That would have been unconscionable, but the whole system breeds greed. Unless there is some policy I'm unaware of that prevents schools who medically disqualify kids to block transfers to certain schools, it was certainly possible. Def not trying to commend them for much if anything in this situation, but was simply suggesting schools have done this and worse to student athletes

Last edited:
Totally serious. Schools can be . Like Miami was this year. Syracuse could have blocked WMU from Steven when they released him. That would have been unconscionable, but the whole system breeds greed. Unless there is some policy I'm aware that prevents schools who medically disqualify kids to block transfers to certain schools, it was certainly possible. Def not trying to commend them for much if anything in this situation, but was simply suggesting schools have done this and worse to student athletes
How anyone can even begin to think of giving SU "kudos" in this situation blows my mind.

Wildhack is not an athletes or coaches type AD. He is a business/entertainment money and tv man. Hype and pr is his game. He is a typical bureaucratic northeasterner.

He's 71. He knows he's not wanted. Why does he persist? Is he aware at any level of his dickish behavior? I'm serious. Is his role something for him to be in control of?

Just simply amazing that a 71 yo family doc is making decisions on elite athlete's futures. Medical school 45 years ago did not have sports med, neuro (concussion) , and kinesiology concentrations and certainly not when you are on a family med path. So unless JBs buddy went back to school in the last 10 years for continuing Ed creds, we have an uninformed dino at the helm and its costing us valuable and skilled players.

Give us an opinion on Wildhack?

I was optimistic when he was hired but unlike some on here I am not charmed by the guy.
I don't know. Mostly in wait in see mode.

So the problems with adminstration weren't confined to the Athletic department? We all know the medical situation.
I honestly don't know. I am of the opinion, though, that Tucker has, to some degree, their support.

I honestly don't know.
I based my question to you on the post you said the coaching staff was cool but adminstration wasn't as helpful.

Were you talking about the medical stuff or was it something else was mainly my question.

There are about 100 other kids on the team.
Steve Clark is an impact player. As a junior and senior he will dominate games, unfortunately for WMU and Syracuse. I don't think many players on the current roster who that can be said about, but I hope I'm wrong.

I based my question to you on the post you said the coaching staff was cool but adminstration wasn't as helpful.

Were you talking about the medical stuff or was it something else was mainly my question.
I edited my post to state that it's my opinion that administrative staff are supportive of Tucker. At least for now, I suppose.

I edited my post to state that it's my opinion that administrative staff are supportive of Tucker. At least for now, I suppose.

Good luck to you and your son. Surprised if Western Michigan wound up being the only publicly reported offer, but great that #72 had an option to keep playing the game he loves. And I hope he does not have to sit out a year - he shouldn't.

Best wishes.

No problem. Good luck to your son at WMU.
Is he going to be able to graduate this summer?

My understanding is that, worst case scenario, Steven would red shirt this year. WMU's compliance staff is already diligently working on a waiver. It truly is amazing how "on the ball" WMU's administrative staff has been. Far cry from what we're used to.
Dang. That's sad to hear.

Why does the school I root for have to make it so hard to like them?

No problem. Good luck to your son at WMU.
Is he going to be able to graduate this summer?
No. Especially now that he's changed his field of study to Physician's Assistant.

There are about 100 other kids on the team.

While true, he was a solid and experienced player at a position that we overall look to be weak and lacking depth at. It's a tough loss.

While true, he was a solid and experienced player at a position that we overall look to be weak and lacking depth at. It's a tough loss.

Understood but you don't lose a head coach over a team doctor

That's true, but you lose them if they see a better opportunity elsewhere. Appropriate support from administration is part of that. If a coach sees an administration with inferior processes in place and that administration is unwilling to change, it gives him incentive to look elsewhere.

We lost Marrone at least partially because he wasn't happy with the administration, right?

Marrone was a good coach for us, and losing him set us back. Now we've got a guy who is potentially an even better coach for us(IMO), as he seems to be a guy who will recruit better and whose dynamic offense is tailor made for the Dome. Keep him happy.

We lost Marrone at least partially because he wasn't happy with the administration, right?

Marrone was a good coach for us, and losing him set us back. Now we've got a guy who is potentially an even better coach for us(IMO), as he seems to be a guy who will recruit better and whose dynamic offense is tailor made for the Dome. Keep him happy.

Marrone got what, 25 million over 5 years? We will lose guys over multigenerational wealth opportunities. Not over a guy who dinged one kid as unfortunate as it is.

Marrone got what, 25 million over 5 years? We will lose guys over multigenerational wealth opportunities. Not over a guy who dinged one kid as unfortunate as it is.

There is a trail of kid's he's "dinged". Sounds like he was trying to do the same to the starting QB, as well. It is not a minor, or isolated case of questionable(at best) judgement. It's a pattern, and a method. That IS a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.