Syracuse Football = minor league | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football = minor league

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Seriously, everything about that "Major Announcement" was bush league.

The stage, the 5 yr old birthday party balloons, the fact it wasn't live streamed, and oh god, the uniforms. At this point Nike is just dicking around with us.

just when I thought we hit rock bottom after the past 8 weeks today happened

SU really can't win. If they do nothing people complain they aren't hyping the program. The stage decorations were silly but taking this announcement off campus and into the public is a good thing.

Love the uniforms. Looking forward to the blue/silver combo that will cause some eye vessels to burst in anger.

SU really can't win. If they do nothing people complain they aren't hyping the program. The stage decorations were silly but taking this announcement off campus and into the public is a good thing.

Love the uniforms. Looking forward to the blue/silver combo that will cause some eye vessels to burst in anger.

The real question is who started all the "Major" announcement news. Was that pushed by SU, or was that pushed by syracuse.com? Other?

It wasn't major. Everyone knew that new uniforms were coming, and that an LSU series was coming. This was just a standard unveiling of both. It's something they should do, but it shouldn't be sold as much more than what it is. (not saying SU tried to sell it that way, but someone did).

Not saying the uniforms need to be traditional, but these uniforms are so far from traditional that they don't speak "tradition" in any way. Hate the idea of all blue uniforms and blue helmet. Don't mind grey with orange but I really don't like these all grey unis either.

It may be time to ditch Nike. This took them a year and a half to design? Wow.

I think the major announcement was more a promotion of the BOGO for the Villanova game and the ticket kiosk. Destiny may have agreed to the kiosk as long as they were part of the "major announcement".

I don't understand the panties getting in a wad over uniform design :noidea:.

Lawrinson14 said:
Seriously, everything about that "Major Announcement" was bush league. The stage, the 5 yr old birthday party balloons, the fact it wasn't live streamed, and oh god, the uniforms. At this point Nike is just dicking around with us.
you gotta be a hoops only fan

BlXnwW8CMAAFHG_.jpg:large

Syracuse Athletics ‏@Cuse 3m
The team sees the new uniforms for the first time! pic.twitter.com/jxQMBM68Ct

Looks like we have names on the backs of the jerseys.

Brian Higgins ‏@BrianHigginsSU 2m
Terrel Hunt, Cameron Lynch and Dyshawn Davis model the new unis for the team. http://ow.ly/i/5gJIW

The blues are cool, I guess I can live with the whites (I wish the numbers were solid orange). The greys are just stupid - I just don't understand Nike's fascination with giving schools grey uniforms.

The not streaming stinks. Other than that?

Leading up to the Spring game. Good.

Do this where people are, the community. Spring game will attract regulars. On campus brings no one but the media. Kiosk was the Destiny tie-in.

Exactly. I agree that it seems like the university can't get out of it's own way sometimes (from the limited perspective of reading this board) but the constant complaining does get old sometimes.

Did they make any changes to the cheerleaders uniforms?

I was hoping for something more Lookers-esque.

Exactly. I agree that it seems like the university can't get out of it's own way sometimes (from the limited perspective of reading this board) but the constant complaining does get old sometimes.

Seriously? Myself and some friends could have thrown together a more appealing presentation. Throw in a well produced hype video, get some former players, hell even a smoke machine. If your going to do it...do it big! Other wise it just looks half-assed.

I like the new uniforms. I would like an all orange one added. Then they can mix and match all the colors.

As far as the announcement goes. Baby steps is what I call it at this point. It is trending in the right direction but we are not there yet.

Based on the talk on twitter and other forms of social media, the announcement was actually major. When was the last time Syracuse football got this much coverage? Shafer's ATL comments made a minor splash but this has definitely gotten more talk. I'm happy that they could couple this with the announcement of an elite college football program coming to the dome. Great day for Cuse football.

Seriously? Myself and some friends could have thrown together a more appealing presentation. Throw in a well produced hype video, get some former players, hell even a smoke machine. If your going to do it...do it big! Other wise it just looks half-assed.

I should have just kept my mouth shut since I didn't see the actual presentation so you probably have a point there. Just getting burned out a little bit. Time for me to take a break from the board for quite awhile I think.

The blues are cool, I guess I can live with the whites (I wish the numbers were solid orange). The greys are just stupid - I just don't understand Nike's fascination with giving schools grey uniforms.

The think the whites look like Arena League unis. I usually like white unis, but they look cheap.