Syracuse football secrecy a curiosity | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football secrecy a curiosity

In my opinion, because of the low roster numbers, I think he has a lot of guys practicing out of position to exercise the team. It's not his intent to ever play them there but if we fans saw this, it would be a new conspiracy theory each day. As long as he wins in the fall I don't care what he does in spring.

We'll see how they look at spring game ( can't make Rochester today)

Did the Pitt Panthers have their first open practice in Philly? No
Did the Miami Hurricanes have their first open practice in St. Pete? No

Then why in the is the Syracuse Orange first open practice in Rochester?

I can explain away the closed practices...but moving the first practice to Rochester really chaffs my ass.

Had they not made such a big deal about Rochester practices several years ago i think they would have eliminated it this year They did create a conundrum for themselves. I agree with you. Syr should have got first dibs on seeing team.

Maybe most of the butts in the seats are from Rochester. Not sure local fans have earned the right to bitch about anything.

The decision to close practice was made after the Spring schedule was announced.

The Rochester scrimmage is an event which involves business partners, etc.. It's easy to close the doors at your own facility. Canceling the event not only looks bad, but essentially cancels it forever.

I can explain away the closed practices...but moving the first practice to Rochester really chaffs my ass.

Relax the Rochester scrimmage is a good thing

The decision to close practice was made after the Spring schedule was announced.

The Rochester scrimmage is an event which involves business partners, etc.. It's easy to close the doors at your own facility. Canceling the event not only looks bad, but essentially cancels it forever.

they couldnt open a day up here this week?

might be some weight to the theory gross covets all fans more than those in syracuse- we are taken for granted

this is the good doctor-spend thousands in nyc on cab signs and billboards- no bag of ice and 12 pack of pepsi for a signing day event-

his motto-locals we take them for granted-and dont much care what they think

this is the good doctor-spend thousands in nyc on cab signs and billboards- no bag of ice and 12 pack of pepsi for a signing day event-

You're like a broken record...we get it you're butt is hurt. Maybe if CNY'ers and Alumni within a reasonable driving distance would show up to FB games the Dome would be full. It is a lot easier to rebuild a team when the stadium is at 95% capacity vice 50-60%.

Bottomline: CNY fans are fickle frontrunners. Just compare FB to BB.

You're like a broken record...we get it you're butt is hurt. Maybe if CNY'ers and Alumni within a reasonable driving distance would show up to FB games the Dome would be full. It is a lot easier to rebuild a team when the stadium is at 95% capacity vice 50-60%.

Botomline: CNY fans are fickle frontrunners. Just compare FB to BB.
sounds like your butt is the sore one-
anyone who ignores the few that support to pursue those who might has already lost that sale-doesnt hurt to have a sellable product more than once a decade,have the best ooc home games at home-

With the whining a moaning I see here from some locals, it would be hard to blame him.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Yawn.

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Did the Pitt Panthers have their first open practice in Philly? No 5 hours away
Did the Miami Hurricanes have their first open practice in St. Pete? No 4 hours away

Cuse to Rochester 1.5 hours away

I get your point but it's not like the scrimmage was moved to Boston

sounds like your butt is the sore one-
anyone who ignores the few that support to pursue those who might has already lost that sale-doesnt hurt to have a sellable product more than once a decade,have the best ooc home games at home-
the Syracuse locals get the advantages of a 4minute drive home after all real games and the spring one.

meanwhile 90mins away, rochester gets a stoopid practice in early april on a holiday weekend and the Cuse locals cry like the little whiney bitches that we all know them to be.

next year, keep 1 at rochester, move one to the Timex Center and keep all the rest in Syracuse CLOSED.

Oh Lord

Botomline: CNY fans are fickle frontrunners. Just compare FB to BB.

**Disclaimer - TM, I am just replying to your post, but this goes for all that feel the same as your post implies. I still owe you some Ommegang**

So the answer is that the people of CNY need to fix the football program? I'm sure Marrone and TGD are relieved to hear that so they can go shmooze some more donors in NYC and just put in a call to the AoH to start rallying the troops to fix things in CNY.

The product has been mediocre or crappy (but also boring for the most part) for a full decade. We need to stop pretending the answer lies within the expectation of CNYers to all of a sudden become die hard football fans that enjoy the games so much, regardless of quality, that they will come to the Dome as though it is the final scene of Field of Dreams.

This isn't the solution. SU can put together a cheap, nimble local outreach team to help maintain and improve the relationship with locals. They don't need to move mountains to do this. There are small things they can do instantly to do so.

on avg how many people attended the open spring practice of previous years? a dozen or two?

the Syracuse locals get the advantages of a 4minute drive home after all real games and the spring one.

meanwhile 90mins away, rochester gets a stoopid practice in early april on a holiday weekend and the Cuse locals cry like the little whiney bitches that we all know them to be.

next year, keep 1 at rochester, move one to the Timex Center and keep all the rest in Syracuse CLOSED.

Oh Lord

Because it is the goal of most D1 programs to build it without a local presence.

on avg how many people attended the open spring practice of previous years? a dozen or two?

what does that have to do with anything?

Let's look at this differently. How much access has the local media gotten? How many people read the newspaper?

Because it is the goal of most D1 programs to build it without a local presence.
the mere fact that you guys can wake up at 1oam on a saturday, look outside and go...'rainy and 40? shlit. cant mow the lawn or rake the leaves now. but boy is it a good day to go sit inside a nice Dome and watch a major level college football program in a big time tilt at noon!! honey, put the kids in Orange, we are going to the game!'

that seems like a nice alternative to going to the movies to see twilight 9, but maybe that what you folk like unless you get picked up at your house and dropped off outside gate C. :noidea:

Oh Lord

the mere fact that you guys can wake up at 1oam on a saturday, look outside and go...'rainy and 40? shlit. cant mow the lawn or rake the leaves now. but boy is it a good day to go sit inside a nice Dome and watch a major level college football program in a big time tilt at noon!! honey, put the kids in Orange, we are going to the game!'

that seems like a nice alternative to going to the movies to see twilight 9, but maybe that what you folk like unless you get picked up at your house and dropped off outside gate C. :noidea:

Oh Lord

didn't exactly answer my question but ok. i'd still like to see an example or two of a program that survives and flourishes without local support.

what is funny is that the shots at locals are shots at people that actually do go to the games and not the ones that don't. unless there is some real old local person here i don't know, i bet i've gone to more su football games (and basketball too) in my lifetimes than anyone here.

didn't exactly answer my question but ok. i'd still like to see an example or two of a program that survives and flourishes without local support.

what is funny is that the shots at locals are shots at people that actually do go to the games and not the ones that don't. unless there is some real old local person here i don't know, i bet i've gone to more su football games (and basketball too) in my lifetimes than anyone here.

Ya again all these posts bashing the locals about not goign to the game are only being read by the locals on this board 99% of whom go to the games and have season tickets, parking passes et etc. By Saturday at 10am I have allready been at the Fine lot for an hour and a half rain or shine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom