Syracuse football secrecy a curiosity | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football secrecy a curiosity

the white house line was good, but you missed the point.
I think both arguments have stuff that hit it and then other points are too extreme that everyone is using. Like JeremyCuse and Millhouse have said Syracuse is not that big, neither is Utica nor Rochester. The SU fans are there and many of them still watch the games on TV or follow the team if they can't do that. But there are many people that have kids that play football or something else on Saturdays and can't go to the games. There is also the group of folks that been beaten up by the past ten years and can't bring themselves to go to the games and most likely see the team lose. There are the ones that could care less, and then there are the ones that would never stop going (die hards). All of these groups are present no matter what school/city/town we are talking about, but Syracuse has a smaller population than a place like Columbus or Gainesville or Austin. On top of that SU been pretty dismal for the past decade, and that is a very long time in terms of college sports. Another factor is that football is not all that popular in New York compared to Ohio, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Georgia, etc. There are many circumstances that are being neglected in these arguments. Does it make me a bad fan if I find it more important to go see family that I don't normally see rather than going to the game? No, and the same is true for the out of town-ers. Our attendance and fan base is the sum of many complex issues rolled into one that no one can point to one thing or another or this group or that as the main culprit. College football is a business and SU needs to turn into a winning product before they can do anyone else, including catering to any group of fans. Once the winning comes then SU can focus on those nice little details that the fans appreciate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom