Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing (Luddites Take Note) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing (Luddites Take Note)

Wonder how "will call" and the box office at the Dome works. Guess if you want to buy one last minute or have tickets on hold at "will call" you show up and they email it to your phone on the spot or something.
You gotta think they'll have a special gate for those with flip phones or no phones.

Basically they are forcing someone to get a data plan on a smartphone.

probably just gonna have to print some paper for that but small chance of issues with tickets at that point. who is gonna go thru that hastle to stand in line to get a paper ticket to try and scam someone.

How does it work with walk up game day ticketing? I seriously need to wait for an email rather than just take the ticket turn and walk into the Dome?

How does it work with walk up game day ticketing? I seriously need to wait for an email rather than just take the ticket turn and walk into the Dome?

If attendance is restricted to season ticket holders only, there will be no walk up sales this year.

Lots of cell phones in one area can cause signal impairment. That’s risky. Hmmm...
That's the other thing, WiFi and internet connection SUCKS at the Dome at all times If it isn't improved greatly then this is gonna be chaos.

I may be wrong but can’t you open the ticket on your phone and then do the two button thingy (term of art) and take a picture and the picture of the ticket barcode scans just fine? Do that before ya go to the game and you don’t need to worry about signal, internet, yadda, yadda. Its just opening your photo gallery.

That's the other thing, WiFi and internet connection SUCKS at the Dome at all times If it isn't improved greatly then this is gonna be chaos.
At last year's Clemson game, my phone charge was about dead by game time. I charged it first thing in the morning, but I was all over the place from 10 am on (my daughter's dorm, alumni office, friends hotel, quad, Thornden park, Manley, Varsity, back to the quad, then to the Dome). My battery has deteriorated since then, so I doubt it would last anywhere near that long this year. Will they allow charging packs into the Dome?

At last year's Clemson game, my phone charge was about dead by game time. I charged it first thing in the morning, but I was all over the place from 10 am on (my daughter's dorm, alumni office, friends hotel, quad, Thornden park, Manley, Varsity, back to the quad, then to the Dome). My battery has deteriorated since then, so I doubt it would last anywhere near that long this year. Will they allow charging packs into the Dome?

Good question but I think a charge outlet under every seat would be a good investment. People could bring a fan for the first home game of the year in FB if its a nooner. No clue of the cost but little perks like that probably will go a long way going forward.

Can download the tix to your wallet, likely.
True but if they are going to go to a cashless stadium (Hard Rock Stadium announced this yesterday) and people can put money on an app, spend money from an app, or use Apple Pay or Samsung Pay on their phones at the concession stand, they need to have working WiFi at all times or else those lines are gonna be a cluster at games in "normal years".

I've brought one in before (charging packs).

The last few posts all raise good points. The Dome needs much better WiFi or there will be issues.

Charging outlets would be awesome but the cost would be millions. We'll see in Phase 2 if it can be done in conjunction with new seating.

Will there be a Phase 2? Covid-19 I bet has had a huge impact.

Guessing that your entire party will have to go to Will Call.
We can't attend games anymore...not after the Holy Cross game when we smashed all the ticket scanners...you know they take jobs away from the ticket ripper guys.

I've brought one in before (charging packs).

The last few posts all raise good points. The Dome needs much better WiFi or there will be issues.

Charging outlets would be awesome but the cost would be millions. We'll see in Phase 2 if it can be done in conjunction with new seating.

Will there be a Phase 2? Covid-19 I bet has had a huge impact.
A lot of stadiums I have visited have charging stations in the concourses, with a bunch of USB slots to jack in and charge up.

Other stadiums have far wider concourses though, where this does not present a big problem for ongoing foot traffic. Maybe they could build a couple of stations into walls and minimize any impact these would have on thruput.

At the least, it would be good to have them outside the gates, where they would be most needed.

Wifi was on the list of things to be addressed with phase 1 but last I heard, it might not have made the cut. If so, that would be an extremely unfortunate decision. Wifi is the single most important issue for me as a fan and I suspect this is the case with most fans under 40 (and many older than this as well). I am not just taking about installing a bunch of WAPs in the facility. They need to be hooked up to a big pipe capable of providing a high level of service for 50,000 fans concurrently.

If wifi has not been addressed, and it turns out fall sports are canceled, I hope SU takes advantage of the down time and addresses this issue during the lull. I can't express how important good wifi is in this day and age. People use their phones all the time to get info. They need bandwidth.

I don't think cell towers can handle it. It has to be done with wifi. Might cost a million dollars but when the dome is available again, there will be a lot of fans questioning whether it is worth it to buy tickets and attend in person. This is the most common reason people tell me they don't like to come to games. Hopefully a sponsor can be found who will underwrite some or all of the cost. Put their logo on the sign in screen for wifi. Everyone wins.

A lot of stadiums I have visited have charging stations in the concourses, with a bunch of USB slots to jack in and charge up.

Other stadiums have far wider concourses though, where this does not present a big problem for ongoing foot traffic. Maybe they could build a couple of stations into walls and minimize any impact these would have on thruput.

At the least, it would be good to have them outside the gates, where they would be most needed.

Wifi was on the list of things to be addressed with phase 1 but last I heard, it might not have made the cut. If so, that would be an extremely unfortunate decision. Wifi is the single most important issue for me as a fan and I suspect this is the case with most fans under 40 (and many older than this as well). I am not just taking about installing a bunch of WAPs in the facility. They need to be hooked up to a big pipe capable of providing a high level of service for 50,000 fans concurrently.

If wifi has not been addressed, and it turns out fall sports are canceled, I hope SU takes advantage of the down time and addresses this issue during the lull. I can't express how important good wifi is in this day and age. People use their phones all the time to get info. They need bandwidth.

I don't think cell towers can handle it. It has to be done with wifi. Might cost a million dollars but when the dome is available again, there will be a lot of fans questioning whether it is worth it to buy tickets and attend in person. This is the most common reason people tell me they don't like to come to games. Hopefully a sponsor can be found who will underwrite some or all of the cost. Put their logo on the sign in screen for wifi. Everyone wins.
If the University opens with the same WIFI everyone associated with the project should be fired.

cell phone can handle the issue, but that requires 3-4 vendors to invest quite a chunk of money and also get the city to allow it.

If the University opens with the same WIFI everyone associated with the project should be fired.
I agree... WiFi is right after A/C in my mind. If we want to attract millennials and zennials you gotta give them WiFi.

I hope the upgrade with A/C will allow the Dome to be used in the summer for 1 or 2 mega concerts every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom