Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing

Or one person had all the tickets on his phone...it is going to be an adjustment.

Would have been better to open up with Albany

I hope SU plans to get more info out.

the real issue is what do you do for the kids who no longer have tickets to get around in the dome and no cash allowed to have them buy stuff? gonna be fun watching all the women run off to the bathroom leaving their purses with the spouse and then dont have way to get back to their seats when they are checked by the ushers at the bottom and the spouse ignores them to watch the game..

unless the plan is to no longer check people from wondering into the wrong sections since no one will have ticket stubs to carry with them

What do you think happens in every stadium every day here that has been like this since 2019?

What do you think happens in every stadium every day here that has been like this since 2019?
it doesnt work.. like people i know all over doing this and having the same issues , just like it doesnt work at regal for movies.. and SU has it worse since they have no functional internet around the dome most of the time.

tickets should be for the ease of the user.. they mention how it worked for LAX.. well great, no assigned seating and crowds of 1K.. if people love it they will move to it. but until it works great dont force it..

our golf course went down the mobile road 2 yrs ago too.. now it works so well they manually check people in and just ignore the mobile passes..

it doesnt work.. like people i know all over doing this and having the same issues , just like it doesnt work at regal for movies.. and SU has it worse since they have no functional internet around the dome most of the time.

tickets should be for the ease of the user.. they mention how it worked for LAX.. well great, no assigned seating and crowds of 1K.. if people love it they will move to it. but until it works great dont force it..

our golf course went down the mobile road 2 yrs ago too.. now it works so well they manually check people in and just ignore the mobile passes..

I use it for major league baseball and have for years. It's literally a non-issue. Can simply email tickets to people, have money loaded on your app - and can also use a credit card. Comparing Ticketmaster to a foretees login or whatever you use is completely different. (And we are completely digital at golf and that's fine too).

I use it for major league baseball and have for years. It's literally a non-issue. Can simply email tickets to people, have money loaded on your app - and can also use a credit card. Comparing Ticketmaster to a foretees login or whatever you use is completely different. (And we are completely digital at golf and that's fine too).
like many things the more you use it the easier it becomes.. but expecting 30K to jump on this and have it go smoothly over night is a huge leap of faith..

I hate having to go to the golf course and drag my phone around just to try and get my tee time to work.. losing a phone on the golf course or getting it wet is not fun.

you giving you phone and CC to the 10 yr old to go buy pop corn now? its tech for techs sake not for any other reason.. it doesnt save the school money so why force it?

like many things the more you use it the easier it becomes.. but expecting 30K to jump on this and have it go smoothly over night is a huge leap of faith..

FanFest on the 27th will be the dry run.

I hate having to go to the golf course and drag my phone around just to try and get my tee time to work.. losing a phone on the golf course or getting it wet is not fun.

you giving you phone and CC to the 10 yr old to go buy pop corn now? its tech for techs sake not for any other reason.. it doesnt save the school money so why force it?

10 year olds don't roam around stadiums like the good old days. After you do it, it's done. I went in kicking and screaming too and realized I was in the wrong. Mobile is super easy.

Curious - are you able to book your tee time on your computer through foretees or a different service?

10 year olds don't roam around stadiums like the good old days. After you do it, it's done. I went in kicking and screaming too and realized I was in the wrong. Mobile is super easy.

Curious - are you able to book your tee time on your computer through foretees or a different service?
nope. we are all online with their own site.. booking not a problem.. scanning the QR codes is the issue.

so is SU skipping the whole policy of the ushers checking tickets to get back to your seats?

nope. we are all online with their own site.. booking not a problem.. scanning the QR codes is the issue.

so is SU skipping the whole policy of the ushers checking tickets to get back to your seats?

Gotcha.

No idea, but we use it at ballgames and hasn't been an issue. But normally they only check once.

Mobile tickets are great. I don’t have to chase down people to give them they’re ticket and we don’t have to show up the same time. I just send them their ticket electronically beforehand and that’s that. Been doing it that way for a few years.

I did this for a Red Sox game a few weeks back. Had all the tickets on my phone. The only "annoying" part was scanning all of the tickets at the gate on my phone, which I could have easily sent to my group (they are not as reliable with charging their phones lol).

I sent the tickets in a group chat afterwards. If people had to go to the bathroom, grab food, etc., they had their ticket. Wasn't an issue at all.

My assumption is that you can also add every game to your phone's wallet before the game even approaches, so all you'd need to do is open your phone.

I did this for a Red Sox game a few weeks back. Had all the tickets on my phone. The only "annoying" part was scanning all of the tickets at the gate on my phone, which I could have easily sent to my group (they are not as reliable with charging their phones lol).

I sent the tickets in a group chat afterwards. If people had to go to the bathroom, grab food, etc., they had their ticket. Wasn't an issue at all.

My assumption is that you can also add every game to your phone's wallet before the game even approaches, so all you'd need to do is open your phone.
Your assumption is correct. Season ticket holders have all tickets available to download now

30K aren't going to be jumping on at the same time. Many, if not a majority, have been using this option for years. I know a lot of season ticket holders who are my age; mid-40s, not exactly the most technologically savvy, who have been doing this for a few years since it was offered. SU isn't rolling this out to everyone all at the same time. Just like anything, I am sure there is data that is telling them that a certain percentage are already using this option.

Cue the old man yelling at cloud meme reading this thread.

30K aren't going to be jumping on at the same time. Many, if not a majority, have been using this option for years. I know a lot of season ticket holders who are my age; mid-40s, not exactly the most technologically savvy, who have been doing this for a few years since it was offered. SU isn't rolling this out to everyone all at the same time. Just like anything, I am sure there is data that is telling them that a certain percentage are already using this option.

Cue the old man yelling at cloud meme reading this thread.
as we said its been under 25% used . thats a huge jump and maybe it goes well.. still its a pain for many and the value added to many is zero.. to some its a great invention. to others not so much. no reason it cant be the best for both worlds. there might be also be some where some games tickets are easier and others mobile is easier so why not lets users decide.

you take away flexibility for the users for no reason doing this. so why do it..

as we said its been under 25% used . thats a huge jump and maybe it goes well.. still its a pain for many and the value added to many is zero.. to some its a great invention. to others not so much. no reason it cant be the best for both worlds. there might be also be some where some games tickets are easier and others mobile is easier so why not lets users decide.

you take away flexibility for the users for no reason doing this. so why do it..

mobile tickets are so much more convenient than hard copies especially when you give tix to others.

mobile tickets are so much more convenient than hard copies especially when you give tix to others.
i am 100% the opp on that.. when my wife goes she often would go hang out in the quad, watch the band march in while i would go watch warm ups.. how does she get in now? she hates dragging a purse into the dome so she never takes in a cell phone. now she will be forced too.

my kid often comes to games with college buddies that we have no idea who they are until last min and again they dont all go in together since they might go get a drink or some food . easy to find them , meet up hand out a ticker and off they go.. now its hold on i gotta find phone numbers. fire up an app to 5-6 people and make sure i pick the right mobile ticket so i dont screw it up..

my kid is 25 and has a ticket stub from every game he has ever been too. thats a memory gone as well.

as i said its better for some but not for all.

we have had the mobile option down here for games for 4-5 yrs.. in my discussions with the ticket office almost no one uses it.. they all use 90/10 hard tickets or printed tickets on the towny side. kids are 60/40 mobile.

i am 100% the opp on that.. when my wife goes she often would go hang out in the quad, watch the band march in while i would go watch warm ups.. how does she get in now? she hates dragging a purse into the dome so she never takes in a cell phone. now she will be forced too.

my kid often comes to games with college buddies that we have no idea who they are until last min and again they dont all go in together since they might go get a drink or some food . easy to find them , meet up hand out a ticker and off they go.. now its hold on i gotta find phone numbers. fire up an app to 5-6 people and make sure i pick the right mobile ticket so i dont screw it up..

my kid is 25 and has a ticket stub from every game he has ever been too. thats a memory gone as well.

we have had the mobile option down here for games for 4-5 yrs.. in my discussions with the ticket office almost no one uses it.. they all use 90/10 hard tickets or printed tickets on the towny side. kids are 60/40 mobile.

many people transfer tix to family or friends that they never see before the game. Now they don’t have to “meet up”. And if your wife doesn’t bring in her cell phone she’s part of the .1% that don’t.

Thanks 4 the info on transferring tix to mobile wallet for Android. I did the transfer to avoid the internet issues near the Dome.

It took some time to transfer whole season for 4 tix but its done now.

many people transfer tix to family or friends that they never see before the game. Now they don’t have to “meet up”. And if your wife doesn’t bring in her cell phone she’s part of the .1% that don’t.
So once the tickets are in your wallet, you can transfer them with the app?

So once the tickets are in your wallet, you can transfer them with the app?

No. But they can be moved back to the app to be transferred.

Wh

whats the app?

So stop at the Box Office, show your ID and get a paper ticket. It’s obvious you are not ready to embrace mobile ticketing. There are options, they just don’t want to publicize broadly since there are tangible advantages to electronic methods and most of the millions that use them now appreciate those advantages.

So stop at the Box Office, show your ID and get a paper ticket. It’s obvious you are not ready to embrace mobile ticketing. There are options, they just don’t want to publicize broadly since there are tangible advantages to electronic methods and most of the millions that use them now appreciate those advantages.
Agree. The needs of the people who are unhappy with mobile ticketing are being accommodated with this option. I think it is a fair compromise.

Every MLB team, every NFL team, every major college football team (at least in the Northeast) has gone full bore with mobile ticketing. This is 2021. Paper tickets are leaving and they aren't coming back.

For fans who hate mobile ticketing, feel very fortunate that Syracuse is bending over backwards to help.

Change is hard. I am sure some people were really upset when they lost the ability to ride their horses down Salina St (All4SU, I am looking at you). Or get the latest albums as LPs or on 8 track tape. We have all lost things we loved over time.

Somehow, we have endured through all of this, and I think we will get through this crisis as well.

I feel as though I have gotten dumber reading this thread. The kicker was "you take away flexibility for the users for no reason doing this."

Mobile ticketing makes things so much easier on everyone. Again, old man yelling at a cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom