Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Dear Mark:

As Syracuse University continues to monitor the evolving landscape of hosting athletic events during the COVID-19 era, in an effort to be prepared to manage any future schedule changes and work toward a contactless environment, Syracuse University Athletics will implement Mobile ticketing as the only ticketing option for Syracuse football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse, beginning with the 2020 football season.

Among the many benefits of Mobile ticketing, the most important that led to this decision include contactless entry; enhanced convenience and efficiency with quicker movement through venue entry points; improved security against counterfeit or stolen tickets; and the ability to transfer tickets electronically to family and friends. Digital or Mobile ticketing is a trend we are seeing across the nation and will likely become standard operating procedure across all venues going forward. In 2019, 25% of all Syracuse football tickets and 30% of all Syracuse men’s basketball tickets were redeemed as mobile tickets for entry to games.

Fans can now access and manage all season and individual game tickets via their MyCuse Account. For more information on mobile tickets, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to use and manage them, please visit our Mobile Ticketing Guide. (Please note, fans who do not have a smart phone may call our box office at 888-DOME-TIX to talk through their ticket options, however, be advised that printed tickets will no longer be available.)

Finally, we thank our season ticket holders who signed up for our mobile-only ticket option before this decision was made. For those who entered, we will hold a random drawing for the prizes listed in that offer and the winners will be notified by August 15, 2020. Prizes will be mailed to the address on each winner’s MyCuse account.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we work together to keep our community safe and support our Syracuse student-athletes.

Go Orange!

Syracuse University Athletics

Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

I never take a phone to games and don't really care to start doing so, so it looks like the athletic department just made my decision a little easier.

Dear Mark:

As Syracuse University continues to monitor the evolving landscape of hosting athletic events during the COVID-19 era, in an effort to be prepared to manage any future schedule changes and work toward a contactless environment, Syracuse University Athletics will implement Mobile ticketing as the only ticketing option for Syracuse football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse, beginning with the 2020 football season.

Among the many benefits of Mobile ticketing, the most important that led to this decision include contactless entry; enhanced convenience and efficiency with quicker movement through venue entry points; improved security against counterfeit or stolen tickets; and the ability to transfer tickets electronically to family and friends. Digital or Mobile ticketing is a trend we are seeing across the nation and will likely become standard operating procedure across all venues going forward. In 2019, 25% of all Syracuse football tickets and 30% of all Syracuse men’s basketball tickets were redeemed as mobile tickets for entry to games.

Fans can now access and manage all season and individual game tickets via their MyCuse Account. For more information on mobile tickets, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to use and manage them, please visit our Mobile Ticketing Guide. (Please note, fans who do not have a smart phone may call our box office at 888-DOME-TIX to talk through their ticket options, however, be advised that printed tickets will no longer be available.)

Finally, we thank our season ticket holders who signed up for our mobile-only ticket option before this decision was made. For those who entered, we will hold a random drawing for the prizes listed in that offer and the winners will be notified by August 15, 2020. Prizes will be mailed to the address on each winner’s MyCuse account.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we work together to keep our community safe and support our Syracuse student-athletes.

Go Orange!

Syracuse University Athletics
I will say this...I understand the thought process laid out in the e-mail but my best guess is the attempt to avoid the cost of printing and mailing tickets and the issues that will arise when/if games need to be cancelled (refunds, reissuing tickets, etc.)

I tend to think there may be more delays at the gate when the scanner does not read the bar code on the phone due to lighting, residue on the phone, the phone not being bright enough, etc.)

I generally assumed that most people had and/or brought a smart phone to the game but that may not be a lock. It stinks for those who do not have them or may not be as tech-savvy for whatever the reason.

I, for one, will miss them because there was always an excitement when they arrived in the mail and my family would buy a program for each game and try to keep the tickets for the game with it.

From what I read it does not look like you will be able to print off your smartphone even if you want a keepsake. I will say that the ability to transfer them using the MyCuse account has been great and I used it around 4 times between football and basketball last year.

SUOrange44

This was obviously concocted by a man ... who never had to scavenge through his purse trying to find his phone. (Which is why I print my boarding pass before going to the airport and the TSA security screening).

Last edited:
Stinks but this is the way things are going. Pretty unfair on older folks and anyone who likes to collect stubs for their events. Next up micro chip w proof of vaccines and an acceptable social distancing score if you want to sit in the 100s...

Cuz Ticketmaster never charged BS fees, Right?
I've heard (but can't confirm) that Ticketmaster actually doesn't collect the fees. They take the heat for it, but it usually goes to the facilities.

Stinks but this is the way things are going. Pretty unfair on older folks and anyone who likes to collect stubs for their events. Next up micro chip w proof of vaccines and an acceptable social distancing score if you want to sit in the 100s...
Take off the damn tinfoil hat man, embarrassing stuff. Not that you care, clearly.

Take off the damn tinfoil hat man, embarrassing stuff. Not that you care, clearly.

It was a joke lighten up. Mobile only tickets suck but there’s nothing we can do about it teams want every little bit of control they can get. Because a season ticket holder is gonna forward the tickets to themselves and then go scalp the invalid paper ones and rip a ton of folks off...

i checked yesterday and they are in my cuse account if you want to check to make sure yours are and or download to you phone wallet

So how would this affect the resale and extra ticket type market

i checked yesterday and they are in my cuse account if you want to check to make sure yours are and or download to you phone wallet

Is it supposed to do this:

IMG_0931.PNG
IMG_0932A.png

When I pulled my car into a NYC parking garage this week, I waited for the attendant to give me a ticket. Instead he asked for my phone number and then texted a ticket to me (barcode and all). When I asked whether I could also have a paper ticket, he said no... adding “you’d only lose it, lady”

Last edited:
So how would this affect the resale and extra ticket type market

I bought tickets for the Traveler's Championship in Connecticut back in June and sold a couple tickets. I posted them for resale right on the TicketMaster website, set the price, sold them, and had money directly sent to my account a few days later.

Only thing would be bots buying up tickets to resell, but that's always an issue.

I bought tickets for the Traveler's Championship in Connecticut back in June and sold a couple tickets. I posted them for resale right on the TicketMaster website, set the price, sold them, and had money directly sent to my account a few days later.

Only thing would be bots buying up tickets to resell, but that's always an issue.
How much did TM take?

I am a middle aged man who now feels like a teenager having read this thread and all of the complaints associated with mobile ticketing. The only downfall of moving to mobile ticketing is that those who collect/save them as a keepsake don't have the option anymore. Other than that, this is a no brainer and the way of the world. I have been using this option for my hoops season tickets for a few years now.

I am a middle aged man who now feels like a teenager having read this thread and all of the complaints associated with mobile ticketing. The only downfall of moving to mobile ticketing is that those who collect/save them as a keepsake don't have the option anymore. Other than that, this is a no brainer and the way of the world. I have been using this option for my hoops season tickets for a few years now.
yea its the way of the world.. but as someone who does this tech stuff for a living its still a half baked idea that fails way too often when it has to work 20-30 thousand times to get people into one single event..

it should be the added way to get in not the only way to get in. just go back 10-15 yrs to when they started scanning tickets to get in and see how often that fails on entry and this fails way more than that..

our golf course went this way last year.. 2 yrs later its still less than 50/50 it works just too many pts of failure between scanning/ types of phones/ wifi/4g and other issues..

but hey it saves us money and time.. neither of which is true.. it cuts down on scamming and theft of tickets.. also a bogus thing.. they have spent a couple million dollars to get to a system , maybe in 10-20 yrs they see the return on that investment except by then they will have to upgrade everything and spend the money again.

This was obviously concocted by a man ... who never had to scavenge through his purse trying to find his phone. (Which is why I print my boarding pass before going to the airport and the TSA security screening).
Is this different than searching for a ticket?

Ok, I just figured out mobile ticketing for Android Phones...

Go here:

Those smarter on this than me, please correct anything I wrote.

Is there some one with an Apple...can do a similar post over there?

the real issue is what do you do for the kids who no longer have tickets to get around in the dome and no cash allowed to have them buy stuff? gonna be fun watching all the women run off to the bathroom leaving their purses with the spouse and then dont have way to get back to their seats when they are checked by the ushers at the bottom and the spouse ignores them to watch the game..

unless the plan is to no longer check people from wondering into the wrong sections since no one will have ticket stubs to carry with them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom