Syracuse is in an Elite Group of Schools | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse is in an Elite Group of Schools

I think only Cal is worse than us. All other schools stay competitive.
Maryland has been pedestrian in virtually all sports in the last 15 years. I'd take our successes over theirs. And Arkansas is one of the forgotten schools in the SEC.

If you check the dates that some of these championships were won, it's easy to see how much the football landscape has changed.

MSU and Ark. won championships in the mid-60's. SU, UMd, and UCLA got theirs in the '50's. And, it's already been noted how far back we have to go to find Cal and Stanford.

Today, it's highly unlikely that any of them will compete for a championship. The trend has been for fewer and fewer schools to be contenders.

Maryland has been pedestrian in virtually all sports in the last 15 years. I'd take our successes over theirs. And Arkansas is one of the forgotten schools in the SEC.

They have 10 national championships across all sports since 2010. In what way is that pedestrian?

Forgive me for not caring about competitive cheer, field hockey and women's lacrosse in a thread about football and basketball.

Ahh I didn't realize the definition of "virtually all sports" was limited to football and men's basketball.

I think the only school that won both championships "recently" is Florida.
are Florida and UCLA the only teams to win baseball, football and basketball. Michigan and Ohio State might have won a baseball natty too way back

Ahh I didn't realize the definition of "virtually all sports" was limited to football and men's basketball.
For sports that matter, yes. I'd even go so far as to get rid of all other non-revenue producing sports just so we can afford a nutritionist.

It’s amazing that Kansas is last among Power 5 teams in win percentage since 2000, despite having a 12-1 Orange Bowl championship season in there. Really shows how bad they’ve been post-Mangino.
They were 50-48 under Mangino, 30-133 otherwise.
They have Lance now, things are going to be different from here on out. Just watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom