Syracuse makes US News list of best places to live in USA ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse makes US News list of best places to live in USA ...

what a bunch of weenies. it's not even that cold here, it is the snow which I have posted before is really only an issue for 6-10 days a year. I will take the counter argument that some areas of the country are too damn hot, people don't even go outside in the summer.
I have an old friend who lives in Phoenix who wanted me to stop by on my way across country. It was 117 in Phoenix. I went straight to San Diego where it was 78

My wife and I bought a house in Syracuse a few years ago while I'm finishing my PhD, but we're planning on leaving once I'm done. We're hopefully starting a family this year, and the city schools here alone make it really hard to stay.

I will say this though, I can't imagine many other places being able to purchase a home while in graduate school and being able to afford it. The cost of living here is great.

Last edited:
It has been a special kind of miserable weather so far in 2018
Absolutely unbelievable. I can't remember a crappier spring. Hoping for a better May.

My wife and I bought a house in Syracuse a few years ago while I'm finishing my PhD, but we're planning on leaving once I'm done. We're hopefully starting a family this year, and the city schools here alone make it really hard to stay.

I will say this though, I can't imagine many other places being able to purchase a home while in graduate school and being able to afford it. The cost of living here is great.

Sounds like you won't be needing the school system for a few years still, so why the rush? :)

Sounds like you won't be needing the school system for a few years still, so why the rush? :)

Good point. These things have a habit of creeping up on you though. You blink and that little baby is ready to start school.