syracuse needs a new offensive coordinator | Syracusefan.com

syracuse needs a new offensive coordinator

Cuse44ever

Walk On
The game has passed Donahue. Syracuse should look for someone younger. Unfortunately Donahue is a dinosaur

I'll always go back to, we have to wait and see how this year goes. The team we have is championship weekend ready. Offensively we have been limited more due to not having an elite dodging attackman after Rice Graduated. It's very hard to win without an elite attackman. However if we don't have major success this year, I would think a name like Casey Powell should be thrown out there.

Not sure its a "fire Donahue" as it has more to do with understanding the strengths of players and using them to best of their ability. If a player doesn't fit the system, why recruit that particular player? Maybe this is the year he decides to switch his offensive philosophy to fit the play makers on the field. Need to find a way to move the ball that is strictly not based on the alley dodge

I'll always go back to, we have to wait and see how this year goes. The team we have is championship weekend ready. Offensively we have been limited more due to not having an elite dodging attackman after Rice Graduated. It's very hard to win without an elite attackman. However if we don't have major success this year, I would think a name like Casey Powell should be thrown out there.

Casey tried coaching and it didn't suit him. I don' think you will see him coaching again anytime soon.

This is the correct answer.

2018 — Yale and Ben Reeves/Duke and Justin Guterding
2017 — Maryland and Matt Rambo/Colin Heacock
2016 — UNC and Chris Cloutier
2015 — Denver and Wesley Berg
2014 — Duke and Jordan Wolf
2013 — Duke and Jordan Wolf

Not sure its a "fire Donahue" as it has more to do with understanding the strengths of players and using them to best of their ability. If a player doesn't fit the system, why recruit that particular player? Maybe this is the year he decides to switch his offensive philosophy to fit the play makers on the field. Need to find a way to move the ball that is strictly not based on the alley dodge
Seems like they never have a player that can consistently beat their man & create some slides. They just keep throwing the ball around taking their turns with not much happening. Maybe Cook can change that along with the shot clock maybe that can liven up the offense.

This is the correct answer.

2018 — Yale and Ben Reeves/Duke and Justin Guterding
2017 — Maryland and Matt Rambo/Colin Heacock
2016 — UNC and Chris Cloutier
2015 — Denver and Wesley Berg
2014 — Duke and Jordan Wolf
2013 — Duke and Jordan Wolf
My point exactly! The only one you could say wasn't an elite dodger was Cloutier but he just couldn't miss and that NC team got points from a lot of different guys.

My point exactly! The only one you could say wasn't an elite dodger was Cloutier but he just couldn't miss and that NC team got points from a lot of different guys.

Cloutier was just a beast.

Guterding isn’t an elite dodger either, but he is an elite attackman.

Cloutier was just a beast.

Guterding isn’t an elite dodger either, but he is an elite attackman.

UNC also had that Pontrello guy. He would probably be considered an elite dodger. Our best shot at something similar was getting Austin Staats, but of course that didn't work out. I doubt our recruiting people could have done more than they did in his case, but overall I'm disappointed in their inability to get a serious stud to come to Cuse in recent years.

Offensively everyone does the same stuff. There's no magic wrinkle. It comes down to having better players; dodgers, feeders, finishers and kids who understand how to play off ball. We're light in these departments.

I believe our man-up is garbage though. No magic wrinkle here either, you have to keep the ball hot and make the defense move their feet. Coaches are responsible here though to allow our players to carry the ball with their feet and/or dodge and/or stand around.

Can Rehfuss be our guy? He gets better every year and he's certainly an elite passer. This could be the year he dominates. I actually think our man up works great with the right pieces. Matt lane negatively affected it because he couldn't get the ball in and out of his stick fast enough.

Orange man up was at 38%, #22 out of 71---

Stats - College Men's Lacrosse DI | NCAA.com

Team better than average converting but certainly room for improvement. Refhuss increasingly assertive and personnel up top capable of moving ball around quicker but someone will need to replace Bomberry's man up production around crease. As important , Orange at lower mid range of opportunities which likely stems from the makeup of our personnel rather than discipline of opponents. Albany's aggressive approach had its share of turnovers but also created almost twice the man up opportunities as many teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom