Syracuse Orange Wide Receivers | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Orange Wide Receivers

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
How are we supposed to win with such weak, non exceptional, almost pathetic receivers?

Is there one that's poised for a breakout?

Or is it time to wait for KJ, Cory, Jamal and hopefully Steven to come in.

If there are any 4 or 5 star guys looking for a chance to start from day 1 today should show them they can do it here.

Yes this is by far the biggest weakness on this team. I guess Doug wasn't such a great coach after all. The guy simply didn't recruit any playmakers. Our WR except for Broyld are terrible b

How are we supposed to win with such weak, non exceptional, almost pathetic receivers?

Coaches knew going in that the WRs were a big concern. It's why Broyld is our leading receiver now and why Estime will get plenty of chances in the future, on top of the guys coming in.

West, Kobena, etc aren't going to get it done.

Our WRs almost have me questioning their manhood after this game. They didn't even try. Outmuscled by db's all game.. That should not happen, I don't care who you're playing.

Our WRs almost have me questioning their manhood after this game. They didn't even try. Outmuscled by db's all game.. That should not happen, I don't care who you're playing.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Especially West and Clark.

I would like to see what Funderburke can do in an actual game. Maybe he is one of those guys that can't practice good and plays well in the games. At the end of that Northwestern game Funder and Hunt seemed to have a little connection going.

I would like to see what Funderburke can do in an actual game. Maybe he is one of those guys that can't practice good and plays well in the games. At the end of that Northwestern game Funder and Hunt seemed to have a little connection going.

He's concussed.

To me West is a huge disappointment. He has decent size, but clearly lacks speed and the moves to get any separation for a higher caliber wide receiver. And, his hands are just average at best. He should gain about 20 lbs of muscle or so and try the TE route imo...

As much as Moore is a great coach, I think he's someone that has to go. We need a more reputable guy who's known to bring in good talent.

Why do we have to insult the players? I believe by saying their play stunk or their ability to get open would be enough. To personally insult 18-22 year old kids is just wrong.

I'm getting tired hearing about Broyld. He hasn't shown me anything. Make a play once in a while and stop DROPPING the damn ball. He might be the most overrated player on this team next to Lynn.

Sorry but they are bad. Chris Clark is lucky if he's 140lbs. He's just tiny.

I'm getting tired hearing about Broyld. He hasn't shown me anything. Make a play once in a while and stop DROPPING the damn ball. He might be the most overrated player on this team next to Lynn.
He also doesn't seem to know where he should be lines up a lot of times. Hunt on several occasions had to wave him to the other side of the field. He had a very bad drop on a big 3rd down where we could have gotten it to 35-21 If he keeps that drive alive.

As much as Moore is a great coach, I think he's someone that has to go. We need a more reputable guy who's known to bring in good talent.
Is it Moore's fault that there is very little talent?

Is it Moore's fault that there is very little talent?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Yes. Given that in college, talent rules the playing field, it's the coaches' job to bring in talented recruits. For instance, if Boeheim had non-rated kids playing against a #3 bball team in the country, more likely than not, he'd lose every time. In the same way with Moore, the fault wouldn't be on Boeheim as a coach, but as a recruiter, it would be his fault completely.

Next years crop of receivers seems pretty good, if they all sign. I want to know what we are doing JUco and if they are going that route for dbs. Skills position on either side is killing us.

He also doesn't seem to know where he should be lines up a lot of times. Hunt on several occasions had to wave him to the other side of the field. He had a very bad drop on a big 3rd down where we could have gotten it to 35-21 If he keeps that drive alive.

We ran the fake punt the next play though, didn't we?

Sorry but they are bad. Chris Clark is lucky if he's 140lbs. He's just tiny.

I hate the midgets we have/recruit for this team. Goes for offense and defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom