Syracuse Orange Wide Receivers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Orange Wide Receivers

As much as Moore is a great coach, I think he's someone that has to go. We need a more reputable guy who's known to bring in good talent.
You are very very wrong. He is an excellent coach. The new recruits committed in large part because of him.

Next years crop of receivers seems pretty good, if they all sign. I want to know what we are doing JUco and if they are going that route for dbs. Skills position on either side is killing us.

I think next year's receivers are going to be better for the last 10 years.

We had 5th stringers in the 90s who would start today.

I called out the WRs after the Penn State game. I just don't see any of them as ACC level WRs except Broyld and West. Honestly, what the heck has Quinta Funderburk done to get completely buried on this roster. Funderburk needs a chance IMO.

I called out the WRs after the Penn State game. I just don't see any of them as ACC level WRs except Broyld and West. Honestly, what the heck has Quinta Funderburk done to get completely buried on this roster. Funderburk needs a chance IMO.
Yesterday was an eye opener. I was on the field and I realized that Doug marrone wasn't a good recruiter at all. This is on him. Those reciecers are simply not good enough.

Broyld is our only really good talent at WR, but can we get it to him more downfield? Enough of these poorly set up screen passes.

He also doesn't seem to know where he should be lines up a lot of times. Hunt on several occasions had to wave him to the other side of the field. He had a very bad drop on a big 3rd down where we could have gotten it to 35-21 If he keeps that drive alive.
That was right before the fake punt, so it ended up not mattering.

You are very very wrong. He is an excellent coach. The new recruits committed in large part because of him.

Not to doubt you for the sake of internet arguing but out of honest curiosity, would you mind elaborating how you know this?

Broyld is our only really good talent at WR, but can we get it to him more downfield? Enough of these poorly set up screen passes.
I'd love to know why some feel this way. Based on what? A HS quarterback who has barely played in 2 seasons is our best talent at WR?
I don't get it.
I have nothing against him, I hope it's the case, but how does anyone claim to know?

I'd love to know why some feel this way. Based on what? A HS quarterback who has barely played in 2 seasons is our best talent at WR?
I don't get it.
I have nothing against him, I hope it's the case, but how does anyone claim to know?
Big target and has a knack for making the first man miss, you can just see it by watching him.

A lot of the success throwing the ball last year was based upon the Saints philosophy. Not to take anything away from Lemon or Sales, but it wasn't like we had two All-American players out there who dominated on their ability. We put our guys in spots where they could succeed, exploited match-ups, and ran combo routes that got guys open. I mean the WVU game was all about exploiting their lack of coverage of the TE.

Right now it seems like we send West wide and put Broyld in the slot and that's it. My biggest complaint of the offense is that it doesn't seem to be taking advantage of the players' strengths. For example, yesterday on a big 3rd down, we ran a slant/post-up route to Clark, the smallest guy.

Broyld is by far our best receiver. All you have to do is watch. He's good enough athletically to play for Clemson. The rest are just at a much lower level

The 2 biggest disappointments are the juniors, West and Kobena, neither of them have done anything to warrant being the main receivers. Its time for Estime, Ashton, Clark, to get more of their minutes.

I think next year's receivers are going to be better for the last 10 years.

We had 5th stringers in the 90s who would start today.
And we didn't even really throw the ball in those days!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Our WRs almost have me questioning their manhood after this game. They didn't even try. Outmuscled by db's all game.. That should not happen, I don't care who you're playing.

I remember seeing Clark blocking down field

I yearn even for the days of Jared Jones, Rice Moss, Lembo I mean our WRs beyond Broyld and West are completely weak and can't do anything. Kobena, Clark really aren't consistent. We need an upgrade at WR/DB whomever said that is exactly right.

We have some big boys coming in at the skill position next year... 6'2, 6'6 and w.e. the hell corey cooper is 6'0/6'1?

I don't get it.

I'd assume it's because he was the only 'WR' to have a catch against clemson. He had what, 5 of them? He was the only one to get separation.

I'm getting tired hearing about Broyld. He hasn't shown me anything. Make a play once in a while and stop DROPPING the damn ball. He might be the most overrated player on this team next to Lynn.

Make a play? Overrated? Sure he's had some drops this year, but he is open almost every play and leads the team in receptions (24) and yards (219). If McDonald would get his head out of his ass, he'd be throwing the slants across the middle to him more often.

Broyld has been one of the bright spots on offense this year, not one of the negatives.

I don't get it.

Game production. Go and watch the tapes, he is almost always open. The other guys just can't break off good press coverage. Broyld is by far our best receiving option at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom