Syracuse, Pitt wish they were in Big Ten now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse, Pitt wish they were in Big Ten now

If you look at the Bonz44 list of colleges and if you assume the B10 skips over private universities - who is next on the list of public land grant universities:

1. Kansas
2. Missou
3. UConn
4. Iowa St

I doubt that Missou leaves the SEC and I doubt B1G goes for Iowa St since it already has Iowa. It leaves you with Kansas, then UConn as the next 2 up for land grant public universities that are available:
Today the traditional anchor football teams East to West - Ped St, Ohio St/Mich, Wis and Nebraska
Today the traditional anchor basketball teams East to West - UConn, Ohio St/Mich St, Indiana, Kansas

Again my prediction - Kansas and UConn are 2 prime candidates for the B1G - SU makes no sense for the B1G and we just gave up our AAU designation so we are out.
Why would private universities be out? Northwestern is a private university? Let's not forget were the only BCS school in the 3rd largest state...We're New York's Team with a NY coach and NY players...Lots alot of eyeballs and Tv sets...

I think private and loss of AAU is a big negative for b10, but anything is possible. Pull up a US map. Then have the mindset that the b10 will eventually go to 20 teams. There are plenty of open spots to fit all the usual potential candidates (UNC/UVA/etc.) and still have plenty of room for SU. And the geographic breakdown looks great. Split the conference plus/minus the original teams, and we have a true northeast league.

I prefer ACC like most people do, but the b10 is going to be safe for a long, long time. I'm over having to worry about this stuff. While Maryland doesn't move the meter much, I'm really bummed they left. Would have been great to play them again. And while a lot of people won't admit it, the hate between SU and RU fans will be missed.

That's the key though, isn't it? At what point is the tipping point where the ACC truly doesn't hang together? And by the time it reaches this hypothetical tipping point, will all the other spots be taken? This is the game of chicken that the BiG and SEC appear to be playing with the ACC. Here's hoping UNC, UVa, FSU, and Clemson don't blink.

Cheers,
Neil

Maryland, I understand because they were broke. Florida State, I understand if they can go to the SEC, but otherwise, this football league was built for them to dominate, along with Miami. (Don't worry, Miami will be back again.) UVa and UNC playing midwest schools, I just don't see it. How much do they really need the money? They aren't able to make enough? Really, the ACC just needs to build its product back up. It's not that far away. These are all brand name schools, and they all just got new TV deals. Why not feel the impact of that new money first, before you decide it isn't enough.

I think private and loss of AAU is a big negative for b10, but anything is possible. Pull up a US map. Then have the mindset that the b10 will eventually go to 20 teams. There are plenty of open spots to fit all the usual potential candidates (UNC/UVA/etc.) and still have plenty of room for SU. And the geographic breakdown looks great. Split the conference plus/minus the original teams, and we have a true northeast league.

I prefer ACC like most people do, but the b10 is going to be safe for a long, long time. I'm over having to worry about this stuff. While Maryland doesn't move the meter much, I'm really bummed they left. Would have been great to play them again. And while a lot of people won't admit it, the hate between SU and RU fans will be missed.

Twenty teams isn't a league. There won't be any rivalries in a monstrosity like that. That's just too many teams.

Why not Mizzou? They would have killed for a Big Ten invite a year ago and there is apparently no exit fee in the SEC. At this point it's hard to say what Delaney's end game is. Last year it was brand (Nebraska). So far this year it's been TV sets.

Mizzou wants the Big 10 as badly as Florida State wants the SEC.

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said his league is not going to have a knee-jerk reaction to the expansion going on in other leagues, but that it will continue to monitor the landscape and think about expanding in the future.
"In my short three years-plus as commissioner, I've learned to never say never," Scott told media at the Pac-12 Championship on Friday.
Scott said there were two teams the Pac-12 was keeping an eye on — Boise State and San Diego State.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-d...expand-does-boise-state-184723493--ncaaf.html

Who else would like to run into Carson Summerlin in a dark alley?

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said his league is not going to have a knee-jerk reaction to the expansion going on in other leagues, but that it will continue to monitor the landscape and think about expanding in the future.
"In my short three years-plus as commissioner, I've learned to never say never," Scott told media at the Pac-12 Championship on Friday.
Scott said there were two teams the Pac-12 was keeping an eye on — Boise State and San Diego State.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-d...expand-does-boise-state-184723493--ncaaf.html

I can't see a single PAC-12 school voting for Boise. They are universally loathed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom