Syracuse-Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-Pittsburgh

TheGov3304

Scout Team
Not to get ahead but...Pitt is coming off of an overtime loss to Notre Dame where they played very well.

Michael Young and Jamel Artis have been on Pitt for what seems like a decade. Look at the numbers that they have put up so far this year:

Going to be a tough matchup for Cuse, along with most ACC games unfortunately.

upload_2017-1-3_14-56-55.png

If Pitt doesn't win by 20+, I'll be surprised. They should have no problem putting 85+ on us, so it'll be up to whether we can keep up.

If Pitt doesn't win by 20+, I'll be surprised. They should have no problem putting 85+ on us, so it'll be up to whether we can keep up.

Artis and Young present a tremendous challenge with the versatility that they have and the variety of ways that they can score. Stallings seems to allow a more free-flowing offense whereas Dixon seemed more defensive-minded.

Will be interesting to see the rotation that Jimmy implements for this game...

Even if we were 1 seed good, we wouldn't be beating Pitt, so don't get spun about that. Yes, I know they have a new coach, but they are going to have to prove they can't beat us before I even bother watching another Pitt game.

Even if we were 1 seed good, we wouldn't be beating Pitt, so don't get spun about that. Yes, I know they have a new coach, but they are going to have to prove they can't beat us before I even bother watching another Pitt game.

This head-to-head winning streak they have needs to be snapped though, and quick...

Artis and Young present a tremendous challenge with the versatility that they have and the variety of ways that they can score. Stallings seems to allow a more free-flowing offense whereas Dixon seemed more defensive-minded.

Will be interesting to see the rotation that Jimmy implements for this game...

It sucks that the year they lose Dixon we have to suck.

We lost to Pitt 3 times last year...with a far better team than this year's version. Pitt still has their key cogs. Not good.

They have three legit scorers including the dynamic duo of Young and Artis, plus Cameron Johnson. Then they have Ryan Luther off the bench, a big who can step out and shoot 3's (he made a Pitt record 8 consecutive 3's earlier this season).

Sounds like a recipe for SU success.

If SU lost to Uconn, got housed at home to SJU by 33, and could barely keep the game to a 15-pt thrashing @ BC while nearly giving up 100 pts, there are no games left on the schedule that SU has any hope of winning. We look like a pile of dog poo... we can all take off the orange shades. I'll consider it a win if SU can keep the future ACC losses to single digits. The University should start paying fans to attend this nonsense. It's difficult to cheer for a team whose offense is pure street-ball with no sense of sets or plays -- courtesy of JB having checked-out. And the defense is an absolute joke. Throw in an even worse shooting team come 2017-18 with no shooters coming in, and a soon-to-be new coach in Hopkins, and the program is ready for a continuing downward spiral for years to come.

I admire that some of you are even still checking out the opponents like this.

I find it impossible to get up for these games right now. I'm watching just to see what we do, with no thoughts given to whatever opponent is beating our brains in this time.

I (very) excitedly bought tickets to this game before the season started in November... Makes me mad, sad, disappointed. Definitely no longer excited.

I (very) excitedly bought tickets to this game before the season started in November... Makes me mad, sad, disappointed. Definitely no longer excited.

Still Syracuse-Pittsburgh, will be a fight for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom