Syracuse v. Duke on Feb 1 is College Gameday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse v. Duke on Feb 1 is College Gameday

they just eliminated many NYC alumni from heading up to the Dome.

that is going to be 1 fun week to be here in the City.

the toboggan run in Times Square. a couple of hockey games at the Stadium, all the parties, concerts etc.

its too bad, that game deserves its own weekend and week of hype.

Good point. Makes it kinda hard to go up for the game and return the next day to watch the Super Bowl. Very rushed - and exhausting.

All the wiring for tv/radio/media would have to be done different for the court at the center, so that would have to go back. Add that to the court, court-side seating area, and you have the set-up of the normal back-court area. It all has to be done so ND can practice on Sunday (unless they agree to move to Melo Center).

It could be done- but I bet it would require hiring a lot of temps to make it happen.

I think you have it right. It would be too easy to screw it up, especially since it's never been done before. Don't know if they would risk the whole country witnessing a SNAFU on Big Monday.

The hike back down to the NYC area Sunday morning is gonna be fun with a raging Chuck's hangover. Oh well, gonna be a good weekend.

Coach Boeheim vs Coach K. 2 winningest coaches in NCAA history. Can't wait to see the press on this one from ESPN. Woah.

ESPN (myself included) just bust a nut. Literally.

If Amtrak was smart, they would come up with some special trains between NYC and Syracuse to make getting to both events easier. A midnight train seems like it would work out for those who wanted to hit both the SU-Duke and SB, no? Get some Caz Limo buses for delivery to and from the train station. Boom.

Coach Boeheim vs Coach K. 2 winningest coaches in NCAA history. Can't wait to see the press on this one from ESPN. Woah.

And, as mentioned in a previous thread, Bob Knight #3, working the game for gameday.

I just tried to reserve a room at on-campus Sheraton for Feb 1 weekend. All filled up.

What's the 2nd best option?

Gonna be an excellent weekend in Syracuse. Surprised some people are going to blow it off because of the Super Bowl. Suck it up. That's what the local people are always told to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be an excellent weekend in Syracuse. Surprised some people are going to blow it off because of the Super Bowl. Suck it up. That's what the local people are always told to do.

F the Superbowl. Unless by some miracle of God the Jets make it there. ;)

Think about that for a second...what if the Superbowl was NYG vs either the Bills or the Jets? Holy crap! I think the State would implode from all that critical mass of local sports.

I should just cut the damn thing off troop. Im almost a virgin again

I just tried to reserve a room at on-campus Sheraton for Feb 1 weekend. All filled up.

Seems like Marsh could help you out... If you help him out ;)

:rolling:

F the Superbowl. Unless by some miracle of God the Jets make it there. ;)

Think about that for a second...what if the Superbowl was NYG vs either the Bills or the Jets? Holy crap! I think the State would implode from all that critical mass of local sports.
Yeah it's pretty crazy.

Feb. 1
12:30 - St. John's vs. Marquette
3:00 - Georgetown vs. Michigan State (MSG)
6:30 - Syracuse vs. Duke
8:30 - Knicks vs. Heat

Feb. 2
Super Bowl

Seems like Marsh could help you out... If you help him out ;)

:rolling:

Yeah Marsh might set him up with a place to stay...Suggestion though: Sleep on your back, lock the door, slide some furniture against the door and make sure there are no weird medical bottles labled Ether around...you should be ok then!!

Honestly I am really surprised at the amount of whiners on here about the Superbowl being the next day. I would hope that most Alumni view Syracuse Basketball>NFL. Anyway if you are going to the Super Bowl it's a four hour drive from Syracuse, and chances are unless it's the Giant's and the Patriots again, 99 percent of the people on this board will not care about who wins, and will end up watching it on TV anyway.

oh it just got better.
Feb 1st Duke at Syracuse
Feb 2nd Superbowl
Feb 3rd ND at Syracuse
:)

Thats an epic weekend. Game Day on Saturday means it will be an afternoon game for me (as opposed to most weekend games starting at 8am), super bowl sunday, take Monday off and catch the ND game Monday, which will prolly be 3pm.

Thats one hell of a weekend. Good thing my liver is a champ

Crown Plaza is good. Circle looking hotel you can see from the highway. It's kind of a long walk, but do-able. Or get a $10 taxi.

Econo Lodge downtown. It is the designated Duke hotel.

the press on it???

try little to none.

thats the problem, it couldve been huge. it couldve been THE event of a weekend.

now its an after thought.

and bees, that week is going to be the most exciting and fun time to be in NYC...possibly ever.

and while this game is awesome, to think that id want to spend that saturday night (provided my liver hasnt shut down already) in cny...is ludicrous.

does espn and the ACC think the Carrier Dome is a stop on the 4 train??