Syracuse v. Duke on Feb 1 is College Gameday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse v. Duke on Feb 1 is College Gameday

Honestly I think having the Knicks and Heat game after helps us. It will attract more people to ESPN. I'm a huge Knicks fan and I'll be at the Syracuse/Duke game. I probably will barely watch the Knick/Heat besides take a peak at Faegan's or Chuck's after our game. Ratings for the game will be sky high. ESPN is going to market the heck out of this game. I see Kaiser's point of view, but most Alumni that at least I know will be at this game over the Super Bowl, and a ton of my friends are Giants and Patriot fans. So yeah a few of the "Middle-Aged Big Shot" crowd might think they are to good to make the trip, but I know most of my friends will have no issue getting lit up on Cheap Beer and watching us kick some Preppy butt.

Honestly I think having the Knicks and Heat game after helps us. It will attract more people to ESPN. I'm a huge Knicks fan and I'll be at the Syracuse/Duke game. I probably will barely watch the Knick/Heat besides take a peak at Faegan's or Chuck's after our game. Ratings for the game will be sky high. ESPN is going to market the heck out of this game. I see Kaiser's point of view, but most Alumni that at least I know will be at this game over the Super Bowl, and a ton of my friends are Giants and Patriot fans. So yeah a few of the "Middle-Aged Big Shot" crowd might think they are to good to make the trip, but I know most of my friends will have no issue getting lit up on Cheap Beer PBR and watching us kick some Preppy butt.

Fixed for ya...

Syracuse beats Duke, the Knicks beat the Heat, the Eagles beat whoever in the Super Bowl, Syracuse beats Notre Dame. That's how my weekend looks.

they just eliminated many NYC alumni from heading up to the Dome.

that is going to be 1 fun week to be here in the City.

the toboggan run in Times Square. a couple of hockey games at the Stadium, all the parties, concerts etc.

its too bad, that game deserves its own weekend and week of hype.
I've been looking forward to going down to the city for Super Bowl weekend ever since they announced it. Now, who knows.

They aren't going to move the court for the Duke game now IMO. Since we have Notre Dame on Big Monday two days after the Duke game it would be a lot of work on Super Sunday by the Dome Staff to set the game in the middle and then 1 day later put it back in the corner. It would take a lot of work and man hours to get that done. The date chosen for Syracuse-Duke WAS FLAT OUT DUMB. I had heard February 15th which would have NBA All-Star Saturday weekend and SU-Duke WOULD HAVE OWNED THE SPORTS WORLD THAT WEEKEND. The NFL OWNS American public's attention and this game is going to be played Super Bowl Saturday which nobody in the country outside of SU-Duke fans will care about now. College basketball can't compete with the NFL. The NFL Draft gets higher ratings than the NBA, MLB, NHL, College Basketball and none of them can compete with the NFL. I don't care that the Super Bowl is NYC or not this date was just dumb.

They aren't going to move the court for the Duke game now IMO. Since we have Notre Dame on Big Monday two days after the Duke game it would be a lot of work on Super Sunday by the Dome Staff to set the game in the middle and then 1 day later put it back in the corner. It would take a lot of work and man hours to get that done. The date chosen for Syracuse-Duke WAS FLAT OUT DUMB. I had heard February 15th which would have NBA All-Star Saturday weekend and SU-Duke WOULD HAVE OWNED THE SPORTS WORLD THAT WEEKEND. The NFL OWNS American public's attention and this game is going to be played Super Bowl Saturday which nobody in the country outside of SU-Duke fans will care about now. College basketball can't compete with the NFL. The NFL Draft gets higher ratings than the NBA, MLB, NHL, College Basketball and none of them can compete with the NFL. I don't care that the Super Bowl is NYC or not this date was just dumb.

Scheduling the Duke/SU game on Saturday night of Super Bowl weekend ... was the result of a counter-programming decision by ESPN (as I predicted in another thread). The networks control sports scheduling these days... whether it is Major League Baseball... or College Basketball. The best non-Super Bowl programming that ESPN could come up with... was what they considered, prospectively, to be the most interesting regular-season college basketball match-up of the season. It was predictable. I am sure I was not the only one who saw it coming.

Scheduling the Duke/SU game on Saturday night of Super Bowl weekend ... was the result of a counter-programming decision by ESPN (as I predicted in another thread). The networks control sports scheduling these days... whether it is Major League Baseball... or College Basketball. The best non-Super Bowl programming that ESPN could come up with... was what they considered, prospectively, to be the most interesting regular-season college basketball match-up of the season. It was predictable. I am sure I was not the only one who saw it coming.
so Syracuse is being whored out for ratings.

this is why we have to hold our noses when clemson and florida st come to town...

they shouldnt be in the conf and are dragging it down......

at the end of the day the school certainly shouldnt care. theyre going to get 35k+ for it regardless. but as a fan, i wanted to build my weekend around it and wanted a week of hype for it. thats not happening now.

And Kaiser was so right, that game got no attention.