Syracuse v. Duke on Feb 1 is College Gameday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse v. Duke on Feb 1 is College Gameday

If Amtrak was smart, they would come up with some special trains between NYC and Syracuse to make getting to both events easier. A midnight train seems like it would work out for those who wanted to hit both the SU-Duke and SB, no? Get some Caz Limo buses for delivery to and from the train station. Boom.
That would be a great idea. Run it like the normal Maple Leaf run, from Toronto to Buffalo, Rochester, Rome, Utica, Albany, Poughkeepsie, etc. all the way into NYC.

I am a little disappointed, too much going on in too little time. Great call by cto. She wins again!

New
Rocco said:
Coach Boeheim vs Coach K. 2 winningest coaches in NCAA history. Can't wait to see the press on this one from ESPN. Woah.

ESPN (myself included) just bust a nut. Literally.​
the press on it???

try little to none.

thats the problem, it couldve been huge. it couldve been THE event of a weekend.

now its an after thought.

and bees, that week is going to be the most exciting and fun time to be in NYC...possibly ever.

and while this game is awesome, to think that id want to spend that saturday night (provided my liver hasnt shut down already) in cny...is ludicrous.

does espn and the ACC think the Carrier Dome is a stop on the 4 train??​

Sorry Kaiser I don't agree with any of this. I realize all of the events going on in NYC, but it is one day to watch this game. I've already talked to a few of my NYC buddies and i know they would rather make this trip than stay in NY for the Super Bowl. Maybe it's just because I am in my 20's and ignorant, but I am willing to bet 99 percent of true SU fans or Alumni will pick this event over anything else that is going on in NYC that weekend.

Putting it on the day before the Superbowl really does kill a lot of the media attention that this game could have gotten if it was on a different weekend. Still should be an awesome weekend to be in NYC though...all of the superbowl hype, catch the SU game in a bar surrounded by 'Cuse fans, and then stay for the superbowl the next day.

I think some people may be over estimating the fun factor of a Super Bowl being in town. UEO, you may be a hyper-rich power broker on the NYC club scene or 20-something underground party set OR an ultra hot 19 year old babe, but if you're not: you won't even know the super bowl is in town, let alone be invited to participate in anything outside of the standard Turkey Leg munching, Bud Lite swilling "street festival" they'll throw to sell trinkets to the yokels.

I think some people may be over estimating the fun factor of a Super Bowl being in town. UEO, you may be a hyper-rich power broker on the NYC club scene or 20-something underground party set OR an ultra hot 19 year old babe, but if you're not: you won't even know the super bowl is in town, let alone be invited to participate in anything outside of the standard Turkey Leg munching, Bud Lite swilling "street festival" they'll throw to sell trinkets to the yokels.
stefan_snl.jpg

the press on it???

try little to none.

thats the problem, it couldve been huge. it couldve been THE event of a weekend.

and bees, that week is going to be the most exciting and fun time to be in NYC...possibly ever.

and while this game is awesome, to think that id want to spend that saturday night (provided my liver hasnt shut down already) in cny...is ludicrous.

does espn and the ACC think the Carrier Dome is a stop on the 4 train??

99% of the people watch the Super Bowl on TV and they don't care where it's being played. It's not like either the Jets or the Giants are going to be playing in it.

well, I guess things just got a lot easier planning my bachelor party for my little brother. Also for those UFC fans, they always have a pretty big card the weekend of the Super Bowl.

normally i would i agree with you that basically nobody will notice, but id say the SuperBowl is different than say the old BigEast Tourny.

its sort of like New Years, St Patricks Day, Marathon Sunday and the 4th of July (which you just described all to a T) all rolled into 1...and then its going to disappear...likely forever. there is no way anyone here will not know the SuperBowl is in town.

ZERO chance.

for every party hosted by a hilton or kardashian, there will be 10 that will be very corporate. clubs are going (already are) to be closed and rented out. there will be mandatory attendence policys for certain folk. granted, its not going to be that way for everyone, and obviously not everyone will throw their bash on saturday, but its going to be an exhausting week and if one knows what theyre doing, theyre going to one on saturday too.

look, this isnt even the varsity game on espn...the Knicks are.

i just think its an opportunity missed.

the good news for bees and the season ticket holders is, they aint moving the court for this one.

normally i would i agree with you that basically nobody will notice, but id say the SuperBowl is different than say the old BigEast Tourny.

its sort of like New Years, St Patricks Day, Marathon Sunday and the 4th of July (which you just described to a T) all rolled into 1...and then its going to disappear...likely forever. there is no way anyone here will not know the SuperBowl is in town.

ZERO chance.

for every party hosted by a hilton or kardashian, there will be 10 that will be very corporate. clubs are going (already are) to be closed and rented out. there will be mandatory attendence policys for certain folk. granted, its not going to be that way for everyone, and obviously not everyone will throw their bash on saturday, but its going to be an exhausting week and if one knows what theyre doing, theyre going to one on saturday too.

look, this isnt even the varsity game on espn...the Knicks are.

i just think its an opportunity missed.

the good news for bees and the season ticket holders is, they aint moving the court for this one.

If they don't move it, it won't be because the Super Bowl is the next day and a few fans won't come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they don't move it, it won't be because the Super Bowl is the next day and a few fans won't come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no, it will be because no one will notice or care.

if theyre moving the court, id hope its hyped for a week.

Zero chance of that now.

its going to be a great game to have on while youre eating dinner and getting ready to watch the Knicks/heat with all the celebrity interviews during time outs.

the press on it???

try little to none.

does espn and the ACC think the Carrier Dome is a stop on the 4 train??

chill-your-tits-bro-thumb.jpg

no, it will be because no one will notice or care.

if theyre moving the court, id hope its hyped for a week.

Zero chance of that now.

its going to be a great game to have on while youre eating dinner and getting ready to watch the Knicks/heat with all the celebrity interviews during time outs.

I agree with this. Why play 3rd fiddle (Knicks/heat Saturday, Superbowl Sunday) on a weekend when you could be a star on another?