Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread

I'm probably on an island here but I just think the more talented team is winning. Fuller is the best player on the field.

Hope we can make some plays 2nd half. ND's secondary is vulnerable but their front 7 is legit.

This could be a lot worse.

Some SU player just ran by Shafer and mugged to the camera.

Such an undisciplined program.

C'mon... now you guys are just looking for stuff to complain about. (And I agree we are undisciplined but your justification for saying that is weak)

So last week we dominate the yardage battle and lose big... This week we are dominating the turnover battle and losing by double digits. When can we just put it all together and play a complete game?

yup maybe they will change QBs to one that can get it to the WRs on a regular basis

We don't have one. Hunt's the best we've got.

You watched the Villanova game, right?

Yeah, but we are talking 14-10 and getting the ball to start the 3rd, that is huge
No argument from me, but i really thought they were just going to give ND the ball and let them tack on 3 points.

I hate ND so much it hurts. I just wish we had an offense that respected our defense.

I'm probably on an island here but I just think the more talented team is winning. Fuller is the best player on the field.

Hope we can make some plays 2nd half. ND's secondary is vulnerable but their front 7 is legit.

This could be a lot worse.
ND's defense is a lot better than I expected. They're stuffing the run and the sideline.

That should mean things are open intermediate middle and deep middle and sideline, but Hunt's not exactly looking great passing so I'm not sure we can even exploit the advantage there.

I think most of us would have thought 14-3, with the ball to start the second half is a pretty reasonable place to be.

We're hurting ourselves with some penalties, and the refs aren't helping us.

if I was Shafer I wouldn't hold that coaching show this week as I just might show up

It's easy to play call when you have players. You can take chances. When you're horrible on offense you play not to make dumb plays. In reality, you just make your team worse. It's pretty obvious that Golston doesn't like to get hit. His mistakes might keep us in the game.

qdawgg said:
Is it me, or is this season starting to feel more Grob than Marrone?

We're down 14-3 at half to a top 10 team. If not for a lucky false start, could be 10-7 Orange.

I wouldn't tip it too far to the worst coach in the history of the program just yet.

qdawgg said:
I'm pretty sure they've got the whole thing in there.
It's like those Guinness book hundred cigarettes at a time guys

We don't have one. Hunt's the best we've got.

You watched the Villanova game, right?

If Hunt is the best passer we have then we have bigger problems then who our coaches are.

ND's defense is a lot better than I expected. They're stuffing the run and the sideline.

That should mean things are open intermediate middle and deep middle and sideline, but Hunt's not exactly looking great passing so I'm not sure we can even exploit the advantage there.

I think most of us would have thought 14-3, with the ball to start the second half is a pretty reasonable place to be.

We're hurting ourselves with some penalties, and the refs aren't helping us.
we actually looked decent on the verticle plays,it's the horizontal plays that are killing our passing plays

So last week we dominate the yardage battle and lose big... This week we are dominating the turnover battle and losing by double digits. When can we just put it all together and play a complete game?
When we recruit better players and have better coaches.

Let's face it, Notre Dame remaining in the top ten is good for college football, I mean good for ESPN...that's why the officiating has gone the way it has all game.

Bottom line: We have a chance and we get the ball at halftime. But if I see two runs and a bubble screen three and out to start the second half, I'm going to flip out.

No argument from me, but i really thought they were just going to give ND the ball and let them tack on 3 points.
Yeah, I thought so too, but this team needs a momentum changer like a returned fumble when they were on the brink of giving up points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom