Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread

blue&orange said:
Let's face it, Notre Dame remaining in the top ten is good for college football, I mean good for ESPN...that's why the officiating has gone the way it has all game.

We got a nice gift on that roughing the passer call.

If Hunt is the best passer we have then we have bigger problems then who our coaches are.

He's the best QB we have. And he's a pretty decent player. You're all over him, but he is 10-14 today.

But Estime had to jump for one of them, so get him out of there! C'mon.

yup maybe they will change QBs to one that can get it to the WRs on a regular basis
When your receivers are West ,Fleming, and Lewis you are going no where, its time to play the freshmen. Lewis is a nice possession receiver, but we need people with the ability to make a play, for him to be effective.

Chip said:
That was the most impressive play of the day. Refs are strrrrruggggling Namath style

Not really though, because there was a legit pass interference there as well. So either way the offense was getting 15 yards.

When your receivers are West ,Fleming, and Lewis you are going no where, its time to play the freshmen. Lewis is a nice possession receiver, but we need people with the ability to make a play, for him to be effective.
Lewis and Salt Badger look like the only guys we have that can do anything more than making the catch.

West can be very good and has been...

He's the best QB we have. And he's a pretty decent player. You're all over him, but he is 10-14 today.

But Estime had to jump for one of them, so get him out of there! C'mon.

He is 10-14 but we have to call bubble screen after bubble screen just so he can complete passes.

Let's face it, Notre Dame remaining in the top ten is good for college football, I mean good for ESPN...that's why the officiating has gone the way it has all game.

That's tin-foil hat talk.

we didn't give them the screen. We continually blitzed and left ND numbers out wide. Simple pitch and catch and 10 yards. Over and over and over and over. That is bad coaching. Heaven forbid we ease off the blitz and try to make ND execute on offense.

Nobody is arguing that ND is the superior talent. But coaching still matters. Good coaching puts your players in the best position to win, even if you don't end up winning. This coaching is not doing that.
We weren't blitzing on most of those plays. We play way too deep on the outside. We have one corner up and two DBs back. Stupid defense to defend that play but its because we have terrible corners to play bump and run so they would then just go deep. We still lose either way.

I think most of us would have thought 14-3, with the ball to start the second half is a pretty reasonable place to be.

Yes, but not if we were told our defense would have been playing really well for most of the 1st half and the biggest issue with the defense isn't the players but the coaching staff. Or that we would have 3 TO's, have great field position for at least half the game and only have 3 points.

We just need to be in this game late into the 4th qtr to have a chance to win...let's Go Orange!

A Clockwork Orange said:
Not really though, because there was a legit pass interference there as well. So either way the offense was getting 15 yards.

I thought the PI call was equally as weak but I'm not complaining.

He is 10-14 but we have to call bubble screen after bubble screen just so he can complete passes.

He's hit Estime down field a couple times. He's shown the ability to consistently hit the intermediate throws over the middle in his career. We haven't done that at all today.

So, what happened to reverses? End arounds ... any kind of trick play? Are we too cool for all that?
We don't have the speed to get to the edge on simple runs against this defense. I don't want to see what a disaster an attempt at an end around would turn into.

We don't have the speed to get to the edge on simple runs against this defense. I don't want to see what a disaster an attempt at an end around would turn into.
Estime and Ervin have more than enough speed.

This is simple, our OC calls plays like his team is controlling the LOS and has no answer when they don't.

He also assumes our WRs can block.

They can't, and haven't all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom