Syracusefan.com Board Tailgate - Northwestern Game | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com Board Tailgate - Northwestern Game

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
As decided previously, we will be having our board tailgate for the Northwestern game. With it being the opener against a good opponent, and such a key game to how the season will go, we chose this even though it is a noon start.

As always, we will be in the Fine Lot and will start at 8:30 with setting up. For those who don't know, we will be in the corner of the Fine Lot closest to the Dome.

With a noon start, it makes a Dino BBQ tailgate very difficult, so we will be keeping it simple. We are asking all the locals that will be attending to bring their own food, beer, drink etc. Those who also park in the Fine Lot we are asking to bring tables, chairs, grills etc.

I know we will have 2-3 grills and a few of us will be bringing plenty of food and extra drink so that those from out of town do not have to buy and cart anything around. We only ask that if you can't bring anything, to just give Cuseregular or myself $5 and we will distribute it to those who brought plenty extra for others to share in.

With setting up at 8:30, we hope that folks will start showing up by 9 or so and we can tailgate for a couple hours before picking up and heading to the Dome. After we win, we will again meet in the lot and finish off the food and drinks while celebrating the win.

Folks are welcome to post to this thread as it will stay open but pinned.

As Bees notes some of us who park there will bring stocked coolers (in my case beer, soda and water), so the more of us doing this the better so that we have enough. I'll be firing up sausage, egg, and cheese (altered to sausage/cheese or egg/ cheese only if desired) on a hard roll breakfast sandwiches with at least one for all so it'd be helpful for me to get an approximate number so whomever is going to be going please post it here with the numbers in your party. Also attendees who will be bringing/cooking food please note it here so as to avoid redundancies to help organize and plan this thing. Thanks in advance.

Best time of year in anticipation of all things related to football season...

Tailgate Parking

Parking will be harder this year due to the closing down and construction on top of the once Henry and (Ray)nor Lots adjacent to the Fine Lot. BTW, the Fine Lot is almost sold out and permit only. If you are a Ornage Club Member ($125 or more) and a season ticket holder this will probably be your last year to get in and buy a season's pass. For gameday cash parking folks I recommend you arrive around 9am for a Noon kickoff as it gives you the most options before traffic picks up. I realize many of you won't listen, don't care or you have someone attached to you who doesn't think arriving 3 hrs for a football game makes sense...you have been warned.

Our tailgate will sit in the vicinity of extreme NE corner of the Fine Lot (intersection of Henry and Raynor) and as Bees said closest to Gate B of the Dome. If you arrive at least 2 hours early you will be able to drive into the Fine Lot (tell the attendant you are dropping some stuff off and point to us..they know us and get well fed by us) and drop off your items and drive back out to park elsewhere or if you know one of our cell phones call us and we'll grab your stuff from the street and bring it in while you go off and park.

Parking Options for Non Fine Lot Tailgaters:
1. You arrive real early or you get lucky: You can park (odd/even) on one of the streets for free surrounding the various Stadium West Lots. This used to be fairly easy a few years ago under GRob for a Nooner. Construction will make this real "hit or miss". If you get lucky, congrats but move your car by 6pm or you will get ticketed and/or towed.
2. You want convenience and you are willing to pay for it. A guy sells about 15 spots off Henry (opposite the Fine Lot Entrance). Surprisingly they sometimes are still available 45 mins before kickoff. Last year he charged about $20-25. I'd say be prepared for $25 this year. The nice thing is you can walk about 200 feet to our tailgate or two blocks to the Dome.
3. VA Garage on Stadium Place...it is a few blocks away. If you have a DoD ID card you should be able to park for free. My understanding is they sell gameday parking for $15. If I'm wrong I know for sure that a few blocks further On Crouse Ave. you can find gameday parking for about $15 in a parking garage near Crouse-Irving Hospital.
4. Parking under I-81 bridge where VanBuren goes underneath. People have been parking here for years, despite being near some sketchy areas it is not a bad option. Last year it was $10. People tailgate under the bridge. I haven't heard of any issues.
5. MLK Magnet School. It is a few blocks away on the other side of I-81. It is not a real great neighborhood but you should be okay during the daylight hours. Parking is I think $5 or $10. Retro44 is the expert on this lot...I'll get more info.

Tailgate Parking

Parking will be harder this year due to the closing down and construction on top of the once Henry and (Ray)nor Lots adjacent to the Fine Lot. BTW, the Fine Lot is sold out and permit only. I recommend you arrive around 9am for a Noon kickoff as it gives you the most options before traffic picks up. I realize many of you won't listen, don't care or you have someone attached to you who doesn't think arriving 3 hrs for a football game makes sense...you have been warned.

Our tailgate will sit in the vicinity of extreme NE corner of the Fine Lot (intersection of Henry and Raynor) and as Bees said closest to Gate B of the Dome. If you arrive at least 2 hours early you will be able to drive into the Fine Lot (tell the attendant you are dropping some stuff off and point to us..they know us and get well fed by us) and drop off your items and drive back out to park elsewhere or if you know one of our cell phones call us and we'll grab your stuff from the street and bring it in while you go off and park.

1. You arrive real early or you get lucky: You can park (odd/even) on one of the streets for free surrounding the various Stadium West Lots. This used to be fairly easy a few years ago under GRob for a Nooner. Construction will make this real "hit or miss". If you get lucky, congrats but move your car by 6pm or you will get ticketed and/or towed.
2. You want convenience and you are willing to pay for it. A guy sells about 15 spots off Henry (opposite the Fine Lot Entrance). Surprisingly they sometimes are still available 45 mins before kickoff. Last year he charged about $20-25. I'd say be prepared for $25 this year. The nice thing is you can walk about 200 feet to our tailgate or two blocks to the Dome.
3. VA Garage on Stadium Place...it is a few blocks away. If you have a DoD ID card you should be able to park for free. My understanding is they sell gameday parking for $15. If I'm wrong I know for sure that a few blocks further On Crouse Ave. you can find gameday parking for about $15 in a parking garage near Crouse-Irving Hospital.
4. Parking under I-81 bridge where VanBuren goes underneath. People have been parking here for years, despite being near some sketchy areas it is not a bad option. Last year it was $10. People tailgate under the bridge. I haven't heard of any issues.
5. MLK Magnet School. It is a few blocks away on the other side of I-81. It is not a real great neighborhood but you should be okay during the daylight hours. Parking is I think $5 or $10. Retro44 is the expert on this lot...I'll get more info.
6. Oakwood Cemetery...people have been parking here for years. I'm not the sure if it is still allowed but ask a local. obviously no tailgating, just park and walk over to Stadium West Lots. Enter off Comstock.

Keep in mind Oakwood cemetery is permit only

There will be 6 of us. We'll have a grill, some chairs and a table. Will bring plenty of drinks, some condiments and plenty of hot dogs and some type of sausage with rolls. Probably will bring some snacks too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How does Oakwood Permitting work? I assume you call the cemetary...I'll remove Oakwood from the post. thanks. Oakwood might work out nicely for some folks who want to tailgate with us for the year and are not in the Fine Lot. The walk doesn't look too bad.

How does Oakwood Permitting work? I assume you call the cemetary...I'll remove Oakwood from the post. thanks. Oakwood might work out nicely for some folks who want to tailgate with us for the year and are not in the Fine Lot. The walk doesn't look too bad.

Oakwood passes are run through the cemetery but you buy a pass for the whole calendar year. It covers football, basketball, lacrosse, high school sports and concerts. I can't remember the price cuz my wife writes the check. I think around $200, but I may be off

Tailgate Parking

Parking will be harder this year due to the closing down and construction on top of the once Henry and (Ray)nor Lots adjacent to the Fine Lot. BTW, the Fine Lot is sold out and permit only. I recommend you arrive around 9am for a Noon kickoff as it gives you the most options before traffic picks up. I realize many of you won't listen, don't care or you have someone attached to you who doesn't think arriving 3 hrs for a football game makes sense...you have been warned.

FYI: I called the Dome box office after reading this post earlier today and was able to get a parking permit for the Fine lot. Told me it was being sent out today. So I assume there may be some more permits available. Will probably miss out on the tailgate since I will be chaufering friends from out of state to their first game at the Dome and will probably be arriving late. Good to know where to find you guys, though.

I just called 5 minutes ago and got a season parking pass for the Fine Lot. Coming in from out of state, especially for the Friday games, I'm hopeful that this will be a good solution.

I just called 5 minutes ago and got a season parking pass for the Fine Lot. Coming in from out of state, especially for the Friday games, I'm hopeful that this will be a good solution.

Good decision, the cost is well worth it knowing you wont have to worry about trying to find a spot or getting caught in the traffic nightmare up there.

Cool welcome to the tailgate...BTW, any unused parking passes you have I can sell for you for $25 without a problem...someone is always looking...or you can market it with your unused tickets.

A little heads-up from Matt Park. Let's hope the students get there in time (feels so weird to say that on the outside now).

Matt Park@MattPark1
The Northwestern game will kick off at 12:01 on ESPN2. It'll be important for @Cuse fans to show up early/on time for that one!

Just made the executive decision- I'm coming up for this now. See you guys in a week.

How many people usually attend these tailgates? I'm hopeful now that I ordered my Fine Lot pass that I'll be able to join in for the Saturday ones at least and possiby the post games for Friday.

How many people usually attend these tailgates? I'm hopeful now that I ordered my Fine Lot pass that I'll be able to join in for the Saturday ones at least and possiby the post games for Friday.

It depends, for a game like NW which is the board tailgate I would suspect at least 50-75 people in some cases we have had 75+. For a regular game we usually have at least 25-30+ people and thats really a conservative estimate. These tailgates usually also have several players parents and other visitors including members of the coaching staff after wins. I think you will enjoy yourself.

PeteCalvin and I are in plus 3-4. Bees or Mark, or CuseRegular, inbox me with anything you request me to bring along...

Anyone got an extra ticket for sale?
Come to the tailgate. Odds of someone having an extra ticket on sale for a great price are in the range of 98%.

thx but its kinda far to drive hoping someone has one :)
Same thing as driving to Turning Stone and hoping it is open. Someone has extras every game. Interest in the team is the lowest it has been in 35 years.

I know someone that will probably have extras too. There will be tixs, so get off your dead ass and get to the game.

I'll even give you the beer Igor owes you. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom