Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

Ten Hag is furious at the terrible recruitment. I would not be at all surprised if he quits before he gets fired.

Absolute disaster class from Nunez today... I think Liverpool walks away with a win if they don't go down to 10 men. I don't think it was a crazy, egregious head butt where he reared back & gave it everything. He certainly didn't avoid it though, Andersen sold it like he'd been punched in the face. Not a great start for the Reds... sheesh.

Absolute disaster class from Nunez today... I think Liverpool walks away with a win if they don't go down to 10 men. I don't think it was a crazy, egregious head butt where he reared back & gave it everything. He certainly didn't avoid it though, Andersen sold it like he'd been punched in the face. Not a great start for the Reds... sheesh.

Yeah, that was immature and punk-ish, but Andersen fell like a tree being chopped down. That almost was embarrassing, but he got the call.

I believe a few of us in the league have Darwin, I think the move is to transfer him out for now with the additional games ban & just do a direct replacement, maybe take a -4 hit & make financial space as well by transferring another player.

What’s your move with Darwin? Shelf or transfer?

I believe a few of us in the league have Darwin, I think the move is to transfer him out for now with the additional games ban & just do a direct replacement, maybe take a -4 hit & make financial space as well by transferring another player.

What’s your move with Darwin? Shelf or transfer?

I put him on the bench and went to a 4-5-1. I have some very good midfielders.

I actually thought about the transfer (before I knew it was 3 games). It's going to cost more to bring him back, because his value went up. So 2 transfers will be required to bring him back if you let him go. I'm not going to take an 8 point hit when I have 5 very capable midfielders.

Last edited:
Great! So Chelsea lodge their post-game protest about the 2 blown calls vs. Spurs last weekend. The league denies any error, and upholds the red cards against both coaches.

Then, yesterday they fire Mike Dean from his job as a VAR referee. Today, Mike Dean admits his error on the Cucarella hair pull. It should have denied Kane's goal, free kick to Chelsea for the foul.

I want my 2 points, !

If I'm being honest, I don't think so. They lost an awful lot in Rafinha and Kalvin Phillips. The two Americans are their intended replacements. I like Tyler Adams a lot, but I don't think he's going to handle the pressing and physicality of the Premier League as well as Phillips, who had more grit in his game. Aaronson has promise, but he's no Rafinha.

I'm looking pretty bad with this prediction right now. Aaronson is showing craft and guile, not just mad running. He's bossing the midfield right now vs. Chelsea (along with Tyler Adams) and has Koulibaly on a yellow card, and completely on the run right now.

I'm getting smoked.

Son and Havertz have been disappointing for me.

I'm getting smoked.

Son and Havertz have been disappointing for me.

I think that a lot of people who play fantasy focus on getting 2 or 3 big names the first time they play. And then they may find it hard having productive players throughout the squad, fewer "sacrificial signings" at the bottom price.

There tend to be bargains among defenders. The Midfielders category have many of the league's top goal scorers (who many of us would consider strikers), but again, you want to get points from as many guys as possible, not just a few stars. Because if the star has a bad game, then you're screwed.

But I've got at least half a dozen guys who are giving me 6+ points, and two or three who have given me 8-10. I haven't had any of the massive scores that some people get every week, but I'm always about 10 points over average. I think I'll be in the thick of it with that approach.

Last time I played, it was the ESPN one, I think, and the scoring was too simple. I got bored with it. I like the Premier League scoring better, because it's more nuanced. A little harder to learn at first, but not that hard at all, once you read the rules and see it in action for a couple weeks.

Son will catch fire for you (and me) soon. Havertz is not supposed to be starting for this team. If Pulisic had been given all the chances that Havertz has had the past couple years, he would have hit double figures in goals every year. As it is, he has about 20 goals and 20 assists in 3 years (all competitions). That's about 7 and 7 for a guy who plays maybe half the time.

Havertz hit 14 goals and 3 assists in all comps last year. The problem is that he drifts in and out of too many games. When Pulisic is in there, he seeks out the ball, he runs at people, he plays combinations with the other guys, and he gets into the box. What's not to like? He's direct, he's talented, and he's scored some pretty big goals, too.

Freaking Liverpool, what a mess by the Reds. The injuries have the midfield in shambles. Firmino is playing as poorly as I’ve seen with Jota still injured & Nunez suspended. Van Dijk looks like a shell of himself, TAA just not performing… man, this sucks

Freaking Liverpool, what a mess by the Reds. The injuries have the midfield in shambles. Firmino is playing as poorly as I’ve seen with Jota still injured & Nunez suspended. Van Dijk looks like a shell of himself, TAA just not performing… man, this sucks

They'll be fine. They have been breaking in some young guys like Harvey Elliot and Curtis Jones to give them some depth. Thiago being out for six weeks is a blow, but they've still got the older guys, Henderson, Milner and Fabinho who are kind of the backbone of that midfield. Plus they still have Naby Keita, although I think he's looking for an exit. That's a lot of depth in their midfield.

They'll be fine. They have been breaking in some young guys like Harvey Elliot and Curtis Jones to give them some depth. Thiago being out for six weeks is a blow, but they've still got the older guys, Henderson, Milner and Fabinho who are kind of the backbone of that midfield. Plus they still have Naby Keita, although I think he's looking for an exit. That's a lot of depth in their midfield.
I appreciate the positive outlook (especially as a fan of the Reds), but Curtis Jones hasn't played a single minute this season, because he's been injured... he's not being broken in currently, though he's supposed to get back into training here soon. Naby Keita went down injured AGAIN, dude is like Mr. Glass from Unbreakable. It's truly stunning how much time he's injured. Minutes played this Premier League season for Naby lad? Zero. Out for 3-4 more weeks minimum. A midfield of Milner, Fabinho & Milner is a backbone if one of them is on the field, but 2+ of them (which it has been) is the least creative/offensively talented midfield imaginable.

Liverpool put 9 past Bournemouth but Salah not involved in any of the goals . . .
Meanwhile Haaland has a hattrick.
Picked the wrong captain this week smh

Looks like Tottenham might be legit for the long haul this year.

Looking like they may contend against Man City

Not sure if Arsenal can hold up for the long haul, but they are playing very nicely too

Looks like Tottenham might be legit for the long haul this year.

Looking like they may contend against Man City

Not sure if Arsenal can hold up for the long haul, but they are playing very nicely too

Arsenal finally looking like they can be in the mix longer (fingers crossed).

Also sorry I missed out on this league this year. Somehow I missed it!!

Sheesh, a pretty crazy & dismal mid week opener for FPL… haha my team specifically. Brought in Sanchez & Gross from Brighton for Ramsdale & Dewsbury-Hall. Brighton gives up 2 goals vs. Fulham = 1 point for Sanchez with a lack of saves & goals conceded, 2 points for Gross (he used to take penalties for Brighton, but now MacAllister does… which he converted on today, yay!) on a blank

Chelsea looked genuinely horrible (no problems for me there as a Reds fan, haha) against Southampton & loses 2-1. Reece James, one of my expensive back 3… unexpectedly out injured! His backup on my FPL team who will sub in, Patterson from Everton, sitting comfortably at 1 point with a yellow card & a goal conceded vs. Leeds.

Rodrigo from Leeds, goes out injured after 30 minutes with a separated shoulder (thanks Pickford), another 1 pointer for me.

Ivan Toney, who feels like an FPL trap right now, blanks & grabs a yellow card, ANOTHER 1 point addition.
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

All in all… might be the worst single day showing I’ve had in playing for over 10 years, 6 points on 5 players played, it’s hard to do that poorly, hahah.

I didn't even know the week started today . . .
haha

The toughest thing about this game for me is the price changes and having to actively monitor them so you can make changes that you want to.
I was looking at swapping Son to De Bruyne but they're now 0.4 different in price and I have no wiggle room.
I've lost so much Team Value on dudes like Son, Rashford, Bailey.
Just have to hope guys like Son get back into form/the points come I guess.

haha

The toughest thing about this game for me is the price changes and having to actively monitor them so you can make changes that you want to.
I was looking at swapping Son to De Bruyne but they're now 0.4 different in price and I have no wiggle room.
Yeah it's tough, pretty rare for a player as good as Son to lose .2 in value, especially since he's playing good minutes & Spurs have been performing pretty well. He was a little bit overpriced to start the season, I had him early on as well, but transferred him out when the player cost just wasn't equating to the needed points to make that big of a commitment on a single midfield player.

However, without even knowing the gameweek started, you still sit first in our mini league, still outscored my team today with less players used & look poised to make a good haul tomorrow... so well done, sir!

haha

Transfers roll over (max you can have is two) so unless there is a really unfavorable matchup I use two at a time to revamp the team…. Not that it has helped me one bit but on paper I like my team.

200 M (more?) spent to support Tuchel's formation, then he's fired a week later.
Something I'd expect from Abramovich's Chelsea, but surprising now.

Your thoughts IthacaMatt ?

I’m sure most of you have figured it out already, but all Premier league matches suspended/postponed this weekend out of respect for the death of the Queen.

Might honestly be a good things for Liverpool. They looked absolutely shell shocked against Napoli in the Champions league on Wednesday.

Potter to Chelsea is an interesting addition as well, we’ll see how he performs in a top 6 club context.

I’m sure most of you have figured it out already, but all Premier league matches suspended/postponed this weekend out of respect for the death of the Queen.

Might honestly be a good things for Liverpool. They looked absolutely shell shocked against Napoli in the Champions league on Wednesday.

Potter to Chelsea is an interesting addition as well, we’ll see how he performs in a top 6 club context.
Stick a fork in Liverpool… they are done. I’ve said all along that Mane was their most important player and while Diaz is good, he isn’t Mane. They probably should have let Salah go as he’s been a shadow of himself since afcon. Milner is starting important EPL games and champions league games in the engine room… enough said there. The lack of a midfield is forcing TAA to play too high up the field and that’s exposing the back line. To top it off… VVD is aging before our eyes. This squad needs a rebuild and that’s going to take a few more transfer windows with the way FSG likes to operate.

ROCcuse, bro… I cannot believe it worked out for you to have a Captained Son this week. I was sure I was poised to jump out front in the league this week. Instead, Son, who didn’t even start, has a hat trick in 13 minutes. Masterful play, sir!
James Corden Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden