Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

Guy Fawkes and I are the only drama in our fantasy league. 1st and 2nd places long decided. Nip and tuck, switching places the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Looking forward to doing a little FPL debrief at the end of the season & see if we can increase the syracusefan.com participants for next season

It was really a one man show this year. The believers in Haaland in the beginning were rewarded and rightfully so. The rest is scrapping together some solid weeks from the second tier players.

Alright squad, let's do a quick summary of the Syracusefan Fantasy Premier League experience (somewhat buffered by the release of the 23-24 schedule recently!). As always, special shoutout to ROCcuse in running the league logistics!

So, we started last season with 3 new entries & a total of 5 in the league. For Guy Fawkes, IthacaMatt & orangenauburn (I assume you're Marsh of the Penguin?), how was your experience overall? Enjoyable? Are you looking forward to & planning to play again this next season? What's one thing you want to do differently this time around?

My personal experience, I'm going on a decade+ now of playing FPL. I genuinely enjoy it & I am more dedicated to it than any other form of fantasy sports. Overall I won all my mini-leagues which was great, but did not finish as high worldwide as I did last year. I'm confident in my understanding of how to play, how to build roster & make the right transfers, etc... the biggest change for me a couple of years ago was really staying on top of surprise fixtures/changes/double gameweeks & never forgetting to set my lineup. I only missed having the Captain I wanted & the lineup set one time in the entire 38 game season.

So... how do we add to the Syracusefan mini league? Would you, based on your experience, vouch for a recruit for it? You know I'm in 100%. As I've mentioned before, we play for free so there's no real benefit/harm (outside of bragging rights) either way. However, the first league I ever played in years ago everyone pitched in $10-$15 dollars & the winner of the league HAD to buy a soccer jersey of their choice with the winnings. I love that, I still think about trying to run that idea back again as a fun incentive to play (would probably just be run through Venmo or something)... plus I've won the last couple of years & feel like I could be a couple of jerseys richer;), haha. Is that something you all would be interested in for the upcoming season?

Thanks again everyone for playing, I'd love to hear your response & experience & I hope it was a positive one! Let's run it back - Go Liverpool! YNWA
Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 10.45.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-15 at 10.46.30 PM.png

I’d do it for free or money and enjoy the loser punishment.

This was my second time ever doing EPL fantasy but my first time truly paying attention to it. It was enjoyable but with more teams I would prefer a head to head format instead of cumulative.

Perhaps it was only because Haaland was so outrageous and I don’t have any other bar to set against. If you didn’t have him in the first five weeks then the leads were insurmountable.

I’d do it for free or money and enjoy the loser punishment.

This was my second time ever doing EPL fantasy but my first time truly paying attention to it. It was enjoyable but with more teams I would prefer a head to head format instead of cumulative.

Perhaps it was only because Haaland was so outrageous and I don’t have any other bar to set against. If you didn’t have him in the first five weeks then the leads were insurmountable.
There are head-to-head public leagues that you can enter (I finished 2nd in mine) - it does add a different feel, though I found myself valuing my overall standing in that league less significantly that my classic mini-leagues. I'm not sure if private head-to-head leagues are option, maybe ROCcuse can figure that out.

Glad you enjoyed it... as you accumulate the years of experience, you'll not allow yourself to miss out on hot players like Haaland for more than a week or two tops!

I did terrible this year, but I'll be back for more.

Also. Looking at taking my kids to Man City v Tottenham on 4/20/24

Any tips to securing tickets

Alright squad, let's do a quick summary of the Syracusefan Fantasy Premier League experience (somewhat buffered by the release of the 23-24 schedule recently!). As always, special shoutout to ROCcuse in running the league logistics!

So, we started last season with 3 new entries & a total of 5 in the league. For Guy Fawkes, IthacaMatt & orangenauburn (I assume you're Marsh of the Penguin?), how was your experience overall? Enjoyable? Are you looking forward to & planning to play again this next season? What's one thing you want to do differently this time around?

My personal experience, I'm going on a decade+ now of playing FPL. I genuinely enjoy it & I am more dedicated to it than any other form of fantasy sports. Overall I won all my mini-leagues which was great, but did not finish as high worldwide as I did last year. I'm confident in my understanding of how to play, how to build roster & make the right transfers, etc... the biggest change for me a couple of years ago was really staying on top of surprise fixtures/changes/double gameweeks & never forgetting to set my lineup. I only missed having the Captain I wanted & the lineup set one time in the entire 38 game season.

So... how do we add to the Syracusefan mini league? Would you, based on your experience, vouch for a recruit for it? You know I'm in 100%. As I've mentioned before, we play for free so there's no real benefit/harm (outside of bragging rights) either way. However, the first league I ever played in years ago everyone pitched in $10-$15 dollars & the winner of the league HAD to buy a soccer jersey of their choice with the winnings. I love that, I still think about trying to run that idea back again as a fun incentive to play (would probably just be run through Venmo or something)... plus I've won the last couple of years & feel like I could be a couple of jerseys richer;), haha. Is that something you all would be interested in for the upcoming season?

Thanks again everyone for playing, I'd love to hear your response & experience & I hope it was a positive one! Let's run it back - Go Liverpool! YNWA
View attachment 228630View attachment 228631

I had good fun. This was I believe my 1st season with the Premier League's game versus I did ESPN's fantasy soccer a few years ago (boring).

You really have to keep a close eye on double weeks; that killed me a few times, picking guys who weren't playing league games that week.

My biggest issue the last two seasons was just overall being too busy with work/life, combined with some fixture changes to remember to set my line up correctly a number of weeks.

Don't think I even used my Triple Captain, Free Hit, or second Wildcard this season.

I definitely did a Head to Head league with some high school friends a few years back, so I'm sure I can set one up for us too.

I'm on board with either free or chipping in 10-15$ for a prize.
I'd like to get the group up to at least 10-15.
Hopefully tagging people that post in other soccer threads like JW did helps people notice.

I might be going to London in September and wanted to go to Selhurst Park or Craven Cottage for the intimate atmosphere.

Now that Big Ange is in charge I def want to see a Tottenham match too.

My biggest issue the last two seasons was just overall being too busy with work/life, combined with some fixture changes to remember to set my line up correctly a number of weeks.

Don't think I even used my Triple Captain, Free Hit, or second Wildcard this season.

I definitely did a Head to Head league with some high school friends a few years back, so I'm sure I can set one up for us too.

I'm on board with either free or chipping in 10-15$ for a prize.
I'd like to get the group up to at least 10-15.
Hopefully tagging people that post in other soccer threads like JW did helps people notice.
Down

Thought this was a funny penalty for the bottom player in league points, haha

Hey all,

The game is now updated and live for the 2023-24 season.

When you log in it has you change your password and update any personal info. After that you can select your team.

The game said that you should be automatically added back to any previous leagues, but in case not, here is the Classic League code.
League code: cpse38

And I just created this Head To Head league:
League code: sy6t86

The season starts on Friday August 11th so have your teams set by then.

If you become a member of the fan club, I think that helps get tickets. Otherwise, pretty available on line. We did it about 4 years ago. Then my wife and her girlfriend went a couple of years ago. That’s when my wife joined the fan club.

Hey all,

The Premier league starts tomorrow with Burnley v. Man City at 3 pm on the east coast.

Make sure you have your teams ready to go a few hours before the kick off.

I'm a dumba$$ and didn't include the link above to make joining the leagues easy for everyone.

Classic Scoring

Head-to-Head scoring

I'm not sure why the H2H league is still "Pending Moderation". I tried to start it a month ago...

Any other soccer threads you know of going around, please link this post in there to try to get participation up.

Last edited:
Hey all,

The game is now updated and live for the 2023-24 season.

When you log in it has you change your password and update any personal info. After that you can select your team.

The game said that you should be automatically added back to any previous leagues, but in case not, here is the Classic League code.
League code: cpse38

And I just created this Head To Head league:
League code: sy6t86

The season starts on Friday August 11th so have your teams set by then.

What's the difference between the regular fantasy league and the head=to=head?

Head to Head pairs us up each week and whoever's team earns more points gets the 3 points for the win.
So basically like a regular league table format.

Instead of just the total points scored by your fantasy players over a full season determining the winner in the Classic league.
Obviously H2H needs and is more fun the more people join.

Don't want to startle you all, but I've decided to join as a late entry. I unfortunately didn't get my team submitted until like 10 minutes after the first match had kicked off but I wanted to throw together a team and see if it gets me to follow the premier league a little more than usual. I don't have an EPL team that I follow religiously (I had always held off on picking one in case my wife and I ever moved to the UK, which felt like a stronger possibility back in the day than it does now) but I've always enjoyed sitting down and watching a match or two on Saturdays as I tend to up and active earlier than most of my friends.

I'm going to see if my brother wants to join as well; he's a legitimate EPL fanatic vs. me just knowing some of the names.

Don't want to startle you all, but I've decided to join as a late entry. I unfortunately didn't get my team submitted until like 10 minutes after the first match had kicked off but I wanted to throw together a team and see if it gets me to follow the premier league a little more than usual. I don't have an EPL team that I follow religiously (I had always held off on picking one in case my wife and I ever moved to the UK, which felt like a stronger possibility back in the day than it does now) but I've always enjoyed sitting down and watching a match or two on Saturdays as I tend to up and active earlier than most of my friends.

I'm going to see if my brother wants to join as well; he's a legitimate EPL fanatic vs. me just knowing some of the names.

Once you pick a team, that’s your team.
So choose wisely.

Liverpool is the right answer to this current unpicked team situation, by the way;)

Glad you joined Melancer46

Just a heads up for everyone, Gameweek 2 starts this afternoon with Nottingham Forest v. Sheffield United.

Looks like the game wants you to have your teams saved by 1 pm on east coast time.

Liverpool is the right answer to this current unpicked team situation, by the way;)
That's my brother's team. I think I'll likely settle on one of the London-based teams if I ever do pledge my allegiance but we'll see.