Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

Yea he really saved my week b/c I was down two players also.
I just went with it even though I knew he was a risk to get benched. Know how explosive he can be.

Didn't want to really use any transfers just to have 11 playing dudes and didn't want to use the Free Hit.
Even though maybe they'll give us another b/c of the postponed matches? but we'll see.

Captained Haaland & brought in Madison on the free transfer… turned into a very nice weekend for me
Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yeah I went with Salah . . . Learned my lesson, Haaland will score against everyone

I got killed Week 12, and didn't realize how early the deadline was for picking your team. I was going to do the one-time no limit on transfers, since 6 of my squad were not active that week. I got crushed with something like only about 24 points, but came back strong with a couple good roster moves recently.

Yea I think I missed that one also. Tuesday start I didn't notice and a couple games were postponed so I had maybe 8 dudes playing, ugh.

How’s everyone feeling at the first ever World Cup mid-season break? Are you enjoying the experience or have you found it frustrating/challenging? There’s certainly a rhythm to it - understanding & being aware of double gameweeks, when to play your wild card or chips, etc.

I’ve been pretty pleased overall with my roster decisions, there’s been a few poor decisions week to week for me, but I think my general roster makeup has been solid. I wish this last week had ended better, I was below the average point number & dropped out of the top 500,000… would have liked to stay in that heading into the World Cup!

Hoping now the USMNT shocks the world!

P.S. coming back from the World Cup, everyone in FPL is being given a wildcard,
so you’ll have an opportunity to fully restructure your roster at no cost, should provide a little hope if you’re down!

I think France will run the WC. Hot take (maybe?) - Portugal doesn’t get out of group play.

EPL fantasy has been fun. Struggles in the beginning thinking Haaland was a fluke and team got beat up with injuries that I thought would be 1-2 weekers and my depth wasn’t strategic. I think the season has been strange with Arsenal and City looking at least consistent. Glad I’m out of the basement but it may be only because I’ve paid attention more than I’m actually good.

I think France will run the WC. Hot take (maybe?) - Portugal doesn’t get out of group play.

EPL fantasy has been fun. Struggles in the beginning thinking Haaland was a fluke and team got beat up with injuries that I thought would be 1-2 weekers and my depth wasn’t strategic. I think the season has been strange with Arsenal and City looking at least consistent. Glad I’m out of the basement but it may be only because I’ve paid attention more than I’m actually good.

Oh geez, I kept Son from Tottenham for too long, along with several others who simply have not gotten it going this year. I've had 2 or 3 really bad weeks, caught short when people were injured or games postponed. But I'm trying to make up ground.

Oh geez, I kept Son from Tottenham for too long, along with several others who simply have not gotten it going this year. I've had 2 or 3 really bad weeks, caught short when people were injured or games postponed. But I'm trying to make up ground.

Sorry to respond to myself, but to add a P.S. - the Chelsea players I added at the beginning of the season, other than Reese James, have underperformed, and also have been heavily rotated, so it's hard to have kept people like Sterling in my Fantasy team for too long.

Imagine being a Wolves fan and have a few of their players on fantasy. That dream/bubble burst.

I'm in pretty rough shape for the rest of the season.

Nearly all of my dudes lost value except Haaland who I don't plan on selling anyway.

I'm in pretty rough shape for the rest of the season.

Nearly all of my dudes lost value except Haaland who I don't plan on selling anyway.

Haaland is like a modern-day Thor. He is currently on pace for something like 54 goals in the Premier League. That would break the current season record by around 20 goals. He is ridiculous.

Don't forget to set your FPL rosters tonight before the Premier League re-launch on boxing day tomorrow! Should be a fun day. You have the opportunity to flip your ENTIRE roster with unlimited free transfers... all hope is not lost, get rid of those players that are weighing your squad down & get a fresh start!

I dropped Ivan Toney from my squad after reading that there's a gambling inquiry into him right now, something like 30 games that he supposedly bet on. I guess no formal charges yet by the Premier League or the authorities (although if it's legal to bet, then couldn't he bet on other teams?).

I did a big reshuffle to my squad, and cleared out some under-performers, and got guys who generated more points at the "right" budget. It let me really load up in attack, and get inexpensive defenders who have generated very regular points so far this season.

I dropped Ivan Toney from my squad after reading that there's a gambling inquiry into him right now, something like 30 games that he supposedly bet on. I guess no formal charges yet by the Premier League or the authorities (although if it's legal to bet, then couldn't he bet on other teams?).

I did a big reshuffle to my squad, and cleared out some under-performers, and got guys who generated more points at the "right" budget. It let me really load up in attack, and get inexpensive defenders who have generated very regular points so far this season.
Toney has until Jan. 4th or something like that respond... in the meantime, dude's been going in on FPL points, it's wild, haha.

Toney has until Jan. 4th or something like that respond... in the meantime, dude's been going in on FPL points, it's wild, haha.

Yeah, when I saw he hadn't been suspended I bought him back and dropped Devin Nunes (who I think is a talent, but just hasn't gotten it all together yet).

I missed that this past Friday was the start of a Game Week
But I'm on top of it this time, so just wanted to remind everyone that another Game Week starts tomorrow. Have your rosters set by the morning (11am it looks like)

I missed that this past Friday was the start of a Game Week
But I'm on top of it this time, so just wanted to remind everyone that another Game Week starts tomorrow. Have your rosters set by the morning (11am it looks like)

Yeah, I got screwed by that twice before, in the first 6 weeks or so of the season. Got crushed by it.

Yeah, I got screwed by that twice before, in the first 6 weeks or so of the season. Got crushed by it.
It can be tough, the non-regular starts to game weeks & the double fixtures are one of the biggest challenges in FPL

There’s an afternoon kick off today so have your teams set!

Yeah, Man City players get points for 2 games this week.

Final 12 games or so to go for most teams... there's a few tricky gameweeks coming up with a combo of team doubles & blanks, have you used most your chips yet, or do you still have Wildcard/Free Hit available to you? Makes it easier to navigate if you do. Gonna be fun one (still holding out for Liverpool to make a move on the top 4... lots of changes for the Reds this summer, just got confirmation Firmino is moving on. He, Salah & Mane was one of the best, most exciting front 3 of all time... legends)

P.S. I shared before, the first FPL league I was invited into like 10 years ago, everyone pitched in like 10-15 bucks (there was more people involved in the league though), and the winner of the league used the money to buy a soccer jersey of their choice. That has always stuck with me as a really fun way to play with just a bit of financial investment, without it getting weird. Unless things get absolutely crazy I think I'll be be able to take the championship belt this year for Syracusefan.com FPL... Should have implemented that plan this year;)

I like my team on paper but need to mix it up to get back to near top of the standings. On a positive note, my Wolves are starting to tread closer to safety from relegation. That team is about as consistent as my fantasy team.
JDubbin we could always get you a Ronaldo Saudi kit.

I like my team on paper but need to mix it up to get back to near top of the standings. On a positive note, my Wolves are starting to tread closer to safety from relegation. That team is about as consistent as my fantasy team.
JDubbin we could always get you a Ronaldo Saudi kit.

This is my first time playing this version of FPL. I did the ESPN one 2 or 3 seasons ago, but the scoring was just too simplified. I like this version of the game, but boy do you have to stay on your feet about whether or not your team plays a league game this week, who's hurt, etc.

I just need to come back & comment on the absolute stunner from Liverpool vs Man United… wow wow wow. 7-0, 6 goals in the 2nd half, a brace each for Salah (plus 2 assists!), Gakpo & Nunez, topped off by a goal from Firmino… sheer dominance! I am absolutely riding the excitement right now, moving towards that top 4 position with a big summer of change looming. YNWA!

P.S. it’s always been the case, but Bruno Fernandes is an absolute tool, I cannot stand this man.