Syracusefan.com Yahoo Bowl Pick'em Group | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com Yahoo Bowl Pick'em Group

TDTOrange

Starter
I created this last year and we got a good amount of folks to sign up. For anyone who wants to play feel free to join in. If you were in last year, you may have gotten an invite already. Make your bowl picks and select your confidence values for each game. Try to sign up with your board name so you can be more easily be identified to the group.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl

Group Id: 13180
Password: hardnosed

Second, we need to congratulate AirForceOrange for winning the season-long pick'em group (not to be confused with Blaster's game). Although we had quite a few sign up, very few stayed with it all season long, for shame on you!

Last edited:
I'll definitely sign up again.

I think I managed to pick every week in the season thread - too bad it took me until week 8 to realize we were picking against the spread! oops, not that it would have mattered much

this time I'll use my board name instead of "Jake's Spray Paint" I stuck with it since I was in first for a good part of the year. Couldn't hold off AFO down the stretch.

Last edited:
this time I'll use my board name instead of "Jake's Spray Paint" I stuck with it since I was in first for a good part of the year. Couldn't hold off AFO down the stretch.

Yeah, AFO got out in front early winning the first couple weeks, and then didn't have enough bad weeks to let the rest of us rubes back in. He's also killing everyone in the pro-pick'em league. I wonder if he's been playing these games for real and run off to some tropical island with his winnings?

I got an error message saying I'm not a member of the group when I clicked on that link. How can I join?

It won't let me join, every time time I click the link it says I'm not in the group and I can't find the group in the directory to join.

Sorry guys. I fixed the link above and included the login information. Let me know if you still have problems.

I created this last year and we got a good amount of folks to sign up. For anyone who wants to play feel free to join in. If you were in last year, you may have gotten an invite already. Make your bowl picks and select your confidence values for each game. Try to sign up with your board name so you can be more easily be identified to the group.

Second, we need to congratulate AirForceOrange for winning the season-long pick'em group (not to be confused with Blaster's game). Although we had quite a few sign up, very few stayed with it all season long, for shame on you!
I forgot the last few weeks but I won't forget the bowls. I'm in. By the way congrats AirForceOrange.

Thanks! I'm in, and will assuredly lose.

FreakTalksAboutSU said:
In although I SUCK when it comes to confidence points. I guess I have no confidence.

It's that or picking against the line. Either way, flipping a coin might be the better method. :)

Bumping...we want moar entries!

And reminding those who signed up to get your picks in. Bowl games start Saturday!

Bump.

Last chance to get in before you start sacrificing points. And to those who signed up, get at least your first 4 picks in before the games start tomorrow!

(Not this year's commercial, but...)

The "Confidence" interface doesn't work with my mobile browsers (I tried 3 of them). I guess I'll have to take a look from home tonight.

The "Confidence" interface doesn't work with my mobile browsers (I tried 3 of them). I guess I'll have to take a look from home tonight.

Well, at least get the picks in so you don't sacrifice any of the points. And though I'm not from Yahoo tech support, what are you using? There is an option to change to "classic" and have pull down menus for each game's confidence value that I just tried on my iphone, but it looks to be a PITA.

The option is in the right column underneath where your current score is.

Watch out everyone - I spent about 30 seconds thinking deeply about each game. I can't see how I lose after that thorough research.

Damn. This is the only bowl pool in which I didn't finish first. So therefore I'm declaring myself the winner because I'm the only one who has an SU logo as his Yahoo avatar.

Just kidding, props to BlackKnight76.

Damn. This is the only bowl pool in which I didn't finish first. So therefore I'm declaring myself the winner because I'm the only one who has an SU logo as his Yahoo avatar.

Just kidding, props to BlackKnight76.

Congrats to you too, you had more correct picks than anyone, just not confident enough on the right games :)

Thanks to everyone who participated, maybe next time we can come up with some sort of prize system to keep people engaged. Even though this time I think we had fewer people just sign up but not make picks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom