syracusefootballteam.com | Syracusefan.com

syracusefootballteam.com

Hmmm. Might be interesting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

not sure who that #26 is on the front page, but it isn't Myles Davis...

It's only new to you.

It's been around since July. Maybe someday it'll get activated. I'm still waiting to get my first "exclusive team content".

It has a bunch of stuff. Interactive depth chart. Interactive ex players in the NFL.

That video is so great.

And yet it makes me all the more angry that we retired #44.

Hey Doc, you see that part where Jim Brown throws the football to #44? As if he's metaphorically passing on the tradition of Syracuse football from one generation to the next?...

THAT IS WHAT THE WHOLE DAMN LEGACY OF THE NUMBER IS ABOUT.

Not hanging it from the rafters.

Argh.

Looks just like the dougmarrone.com site. Seems like their finally catching up with the times...

I'm sorry but the facilities section is a joke. One picture for each? I understand our facilities are a joke as well but we got to do our best salesman job and make it look good. There is not even a picture of the new locker room! Facilities are huge in recruiting. We got to improve that.

I'm sorry but the facilities section is a joke. One picture for each? I understand our facilities are a joke as well but we got to do our best salesman job and make it look good. There is not even a picture of the new locker room! Facilities are huge in recruiting. We got to improve that.

Wouldn't mind a history section. Many of the links on suathletics.com are broken and have been for some time.

I'm beating a dead horse, but the person responsible for communications and delegating jobs to interns does a pretty poor job. Providing photographs and maintaining active links to past seasons' statistics aren't difficult jobs. Same deal with the media guides, which often look unproofed. One gets the sense that the people in charge don't care. (I know people do care, I love the job that Dr. Gross has done, but I think some things fall through the cracks in his hugely-expanded administration. Some of his employees aren't carrying their weight.)

That video is so great.

Hey Doc, you see that part where Jim Brown throws the football to #44? As if he's metaphorically passing on the tradition of Syracuse football from one generation to the next?...

Argh.
Anybody know what SU's record is since retiring "44" ? Just sayin...

SUOrange44

That video is so great.

Argh.

Do you really think that when we have someone worthy that SU won't unretire 44?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I cannot imagine we will unretire 44. However, that's not a bad pitch: "We want you at Syracuse so badly we are willing to unretire our most prestigious jersey just for you."

This is a very neat site. I love the layout and the concept, but.....
As someone mentioned earlier it should have pics of all players, as well as all career stats - as the other poster mentioned that's not hard to add those things, so why not do it?

My other nitpick is the past players in the NFL. This is a really great concept, but it is inaccurate. It shows a bunch of players who never played in the NFL. Damien Rhodes and Perry Patterson, to name a couple, were never on regular season rosters. In fact, Patterson had just a 1-day stint with the Eagles. I don't think they should include anyone who was never on a regular season roster, but if they are going to include these people then I'm sure there are some players missing. For instance, Michael Owens was drafted by the Chiefs and cut prior to what would have been his rookie season.

So it's great and I have saved it to my favorites, but if you're going to do it, do it right!!!

I cannot imagine we will unretire 44. However, that's not a bad pitch: "We want you at Syracuse so badly we are willing to unretire our most prestigious jersey just for you."
How many times do you think we can use that line?

Wouldn't mind a history section. Many of the links on suathletics.com are broken and have been for some time.

I'm beating a dead horse, but the person responsible for communications and delegating jobs to interns does a pretty poor job. Providing photographs and maintaining active links to past seasons' statistics aren't difficult jobs. Same deal with the media guides, which often look unproofed. One gets the sense that the people in charge don't care. (I know people do care, I love the job that Dr. Gross has done, but I think some things fall through the cracks in his hugely-expanded administration. Some of his employees aren't carrying their weight.)

Good points, OM, but the buck ultimately stops at Gross. The web site is a critical, visible face for the athletic program. Someone knowledgeable and accountable needs to review and sign off on all content, be it Gross himself or someone directly reporting to him. That's clearly not happening, or isn't happening as efficiently as it should. That's on Gross, not on the underlings.

Do you really think that when we have someone worthy that SU won't unretire 44?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

No, I don't think we will.

The whole "worthy" thing has become a monster, and it's totally unnecessary. I have no idea why they shelved #44 after Rob Konrad left school, but in doing so they made it a huge deal as to who the next recruit to wear it would be. Then Gross goes and stupidly retires it and now bringing it back for someone would be an even bigger deal.

When Konrad got #44 it was notable, but we had always had #44s, and some were better than others. Now we've built it up into A Thing because of how the program has mismanaged it post-RK.

Who the hell cares if Terry Richardson didn't turn out to be Jim Brown? That wasn't the point.

Good points, OM, but the buck ultimately stops at Gross. The web site is a critical, visible face for the athletic program. Someone knowledgeable and accountable needs to review and sign off on all content, be it Gross himself or someone directly reporting to him. That's clearly not happening, or isn't happening as efficiently as it should. That's on Gross, not on the underlings.

You're not wrong. Hope he's getting the message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom