Syverud or whoever is responsible for this way this was handled should be fired. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syverud or whoever is responsible for this way this was handled should be fired.

It's obvious that they wanted him out, this wasn't decided by the ACC loss to WF. Bring the coach in, let him know what they plan on doing and discuss ways JB could still be a part of the program if that is what he desires.

SU handled this with a total lack of class, he was loyal to this program for 47 years, he had opportunities to leave but never considered them seriously. Built a dynasty of a program in central New York, recruited some amazing talent that brought a lot of joy to the area.

SU's treatment of him at this time is an abomination.
I think Jim didn’t want to leave. It’s pretty obvious. He isn’t the nicest guy sometimes and goes rogue once in a while. He is pissed they forced him out so he got back at them. It’s easy to see if u look correctly.

I was told maybe a week or two ago that Boeheim had been telling his coaching friends since at least December that this was it, not explicitly, but the same way that K and Jay Wright had before they announced their retirements. Basically saying this new-fangled portal and NIL stuff has passed him by, he doesn't like it, he's not going to do all that stuff, so this may be it, etc, etc...

So I'm guessing this was known since at least then. The fact that there wasn't a Jim Boeheim Night means Jim Boeheim didn't want a Jim Boeheim Night. The fact Jim Boeheim didn't say the words "I'm retiring" or some form of that means Jim Boeheim didn't want to. The fact that Jim Boeheim didn't publicly congratulate Red and wish him well means Jim Boeheim didn't want to.

All of those facts add up to Boeheim being the reason this went down the way it did. All the talking heads who are saying he should have set the terms and gone out when he wanted to, I can't help but ask whether they have a clue what's going on at SU. Do they really think that he deserved to not participate in the transfer portal and NIL (aka not even trying to win), run out bottom of the conference teams that don't even sniff the tourney, run the program into the ground, and die as head coach at 85 or 90 or however long he lives? Just because he's stubborn enough to think that he can win that way because he's the smartest?

There is no belly rub. I have an endowment (scholarship) in my grandmothers name. Last thank you letter I got was from the Nancy regime.
I have a suggestion. Google the athletics staff, contact Mike Paulus or Jordie Kindervater. Good people, who reach out.

btw - I'm sincerely sorry that my post took this off angle to being about me.

My point - comment - about Chancellor Syverud is that he (or whomever works for him) didn't handle the Boeheim thing well (IMHO), and - based on my experience as an alumni and small-time donor - I'm not really surprised. And Nancy was - even though complicated and folks don't like her - a kind human being to me.

(but Syracuse has been better to me than my grad school - a top-10 business program - because they have their motives which are way different from Syracuse's objectives... another story)

btw - I'm sincerely sorry that my post took this off angle to being about me.

My point - comment - about Chancellor Syverud is that he (or whomever works for him) didn't handle the Boeheim thing well (IMHO), and - based on my experience as an alumni and small-time donor - I'm not really surprised. And Nancy was - even though complicated and folks don't like her - a kind human being to me.

(but Syracuse has been better to me than my grad school - a top-10 business program - because they have their motives which are way different from Syracuse's objectives... another story)
Did you watch the press conference today? Seemed to patch things up - smiles all around. Not doubting your experience, but Chancellor Syverud is a gem. Great asset to SU.

Did you watch the press conference today? Seemed to patch things up - smiles all around. Not doubting your experience, but Chancellor Syverud is a gem. Great asset to SU.
This is probably not fair, but I get a better vibe with S than I do W. Hard to explain.

I’ve learned that I have a real problem with people calling for other people’s jobs.

A basketball coach’s firing wasn’t handled great. Who gives a flying fart, in the grand scheme of things? What? It makes Syracuse look bad? Who cares? Who’s thinking about Syracuse University ever?
A whole lot of very concerned people and players all over this country, that's who.

You should reach out to him. Seriously. I’d be surprised if he didn’t respond. Especially if you’ve been a contributor.

I do understand your POV. The SU athletic department has never contacted me directly. Which, for those who know what I’ve done for a living for the past 25 years, is mind blowing.But I don’t resent them for it. SU sucks at fundraising and outreach, always has. I donate because I love SU and it’s the right thing to do.

Maybe someday they’ll give me a call. ;)
I don't know what your occupation has been for the past 25 years. What do you do for a living that is mind blowing for you, if you'd be so kind to enlighten us?

A whole lot of very concerned people and players all over this country, that's who.

The ‘who cares’ was directed at people outside of Syracuse alums, fans, etc. People were calling it embarrassing. For it to be embarrassing, people outside of the Syracuse family have to care. They don’t.

It's obvious that they wanted him out, this wasn't decided by the ACC loss to WF. Bring the coach in, let him know what they plan on doing and discuss ways JB could still be a part of the program if that is what he desires.

SU handled this with a total lack of class, he was loyal to this program for 47 years, he had opportunities to leave but never considered them seriously. Built a dynasty of a program in central New York, recruited some amazing talent that brought a lot of joy to the area.

SU's treatment of him at this time is an abomination.
Very hard to believe that 31 posters liked this post.

They’re not “likes”…it’s a barrage of pointy stilleto heels.

You can even find out how many of each!!

24 red stilettos
6 likes ???
4 HaHa’s
1 Wow.

I’m gonna be magnanimous and assume those 6 people are unaware there are those other, more applicable options for them to rate posts with.

Or the OP has 6 burner accounts.

You can even find out how many of each!!

24 red stilettos
6 likes ???
4 HaHa’s
1 Wow.

I’m gonna be magnanimous and assume those 6 people are unaware there are those other, more applicable options for them to rate posts with.

Or the OP has 6 burner accounts.
Yeah, I am a burner account for the OP.
Counting likes and dislikes? Weird.
Wednesday wasn't handled well.
Friday was better, but we all know how severance packages work.
Sveryud's words seemed genuine.
Wildhack, I am not sure about.

Hold down the like button and hit the red bad boy. It feels good.
Do you still need to go to the bottom of the screen and choose "Syracuse default" to do that?