T-up DIXON | Syracusefan.com

T-up DIXON

Louis Carnesecca would be proud.

The Duke bench needs to calm down as well. After every shot Duke makes half their walk-ons step onto the court.

image.jpg

At the Dome, I usually sit behind the basket (MOL), visitor's end. I got a laugh from the crowd near me two years ago when it got all quiet (free throw shooting by the Orange at the other end) and Dixon was 3-4 feet onto the court. I stood up and, yelled "Get off the court, jackass!" I knew he couldn't hear me but still.

It really burns me to see him so far out on the floor and it seems to get worse the more he coaches.

I was taught respect for the gym floor (no street shoes) and respect for the rules. It appears this guy believes his 5H1T doesn't stink.

Subtle form of intimidation.
I would have my team throw the ball at him.
Not to injure but draw attention to him.
Force him to sit maybe it would help take his mind off the game.

I swear to god in the first half of the game he was literally straddling on the court was right next to a Duke player. I thought if a Duke player threw a bad pass it could hit Jamie Dixon while he was on the court. Enough is enough the professionalism difference between somebody like Coach K or JB compared to Jaime Dixon is so out of whack it needs to be addressed. JB/Coach K sit down and get up a lot to yell at refs, but they never walk on the court during the freaking game. Jaime Dixon's behavior in the 2nd half was worse. He ARGUED EVERY BLEEPING CALL and should have been given a T, but the ref gave him a and go away look. Then his assistant coach at one timeout stood in front of him while he had that same scowl arguing for EVERY call.

I like that idea. You'd have to sneak up on him a bit as you were bringing the ball up. Then a quick chest pass that he couldn't get out of the way of. Interesting what the refs would do. Probably tech us for throwing the ball at an opponent. LOL.

I'd have one of my players run into him. They'd have to call an interference/unsportsmen like conduct or whatever they call it. They'd have to T him up and then the pressure on the NCAA would grow to take action in light of the NFL's handling of the Tomlin episode. I used to like Dixon but his constant whining has worn me down.

I literally can't figure out what he can't see 2 feet to his left. Like he's making a point out there now

That's precisely what he's doing, AZO. He's using his mere presence on the the floor to remind the officials he's there. Apparently coaches (for he's not the only one) believe they can influence the officials that way. He's also letting the entire building know he's "involved," so there's more than just a little "Look at me" in it. The problem comes when the opposing coach thinks it's working, and decides he has to get up and weigh in on his team's account.

I like that idea. You'd have to sneak up on him a bit as you were bringing the ball up. Then a quick chest pass that he couldn't get out of the way of. Interesting what the refs would do. Probably tech us for throwing the ball at an opponent. LOL.
That would be ok. Just make Jamie shoot the free throws. He seems to want to play.

That's precisely what he's doing, AZO. He's using his mere presence on the the floor to remind the officials he's there. Apparently coaches (for he's not the only one) believe they can influence the officials that way. He's also letting the entire building know he's "involved," so there's more than just a little "Look at me" in it. The problem comes when the opposing coach thinks it's working, and decides he has to get up and weigh in on his team's account.
It worked for John Thompson.

Here's what we do:

Get one of the football linemen to walk on to the team (think back with fondness on the Tuten days). At the first deadball, insert said walk on into the lineup. Have him pancake screen Dixon. Every time he comes back on to the floor, reinsert your walk on, and run your pancake screen play.

It would force the refs to do something.

I can hear Dixon now... "That player doesn't belong on the floor. It's a disgrace to the sport."

Boeheim then says "Coach, you don't belong on the floor."

I've always thought...
Down one to PITT with seconds to go, have a player "inadvertently" run into coach Dixon.

Technical foul, two shots and the ball, Cuse wins

BTW, this same conversation could be used for Buzz Williams, maybe even more so.

Its something the NCAA and Conferences (as Cow stated above) do not seem to care about. Very simple thing to enforce. Warning 1st time bench T every time after that with the option on the ref to toss any multiple offender. Do this in the beginning of every game the first week of the season and the problem would be solved. Any live ball stay off the court.

As an official, what do you do in that situation? T him up? Warn him? Ignore it?

Any idea why we don't see enforcement of this? My guess is that the conferences want enforcement to be loose because neither team will have an advantage if both coaches roam the floor. Of course, Boeheim is gentlemanly about this and virtually never comes onto the court.

EDIT: Missed the next post.

Here's a thought: the refs are handling this the way the leagues' governing bodies and schools AD's want them to
I'm suggesting that there is a time and place for vigilante justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom