Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a distinct possibility. We've had recruits show up for camp, and straight up quit to go back home to take care of their newborn. (Thats their business, not the forum's) While I respect that commitment? In the long term, the education will take care of them more.

Some of you think he'll never make the NFL. (Understandable) I think his YAC and Elusiveness , are exceptional. Grades/stats confer in that respect.(as does that eye test) His overall WR grade winds up ranked 100-150.(the other stuff) He was our best, so he was put in the deep/stretch the field role. We did keep throwing him into the slot, because his intermediate passing grades are fantastic, and a full THIRD of his receptions? He broke someone's ankles, and made them miss. The best situation for him, imo, is as a slot in a fully functional offense. And obviously, a degree.

If he finds that? He has a chance at a payday, and I pray he's still able to put his family 1st. If he just wants to be the big man? Temple is close to home, but it won't help him as much as the right situation.

Taj bled Orange FAR more than anyone gives him credit for, because of his FULL display of emotion. Sometimes directed at his own mistakes. And yeah, the Bird thing. (Unacceptable) He wasn't remotely a locker room "cancer". Quite the opposite. They loved him, and some have publicly gone on record as saying they are "heart broken" The good parts are why he went to the ACC media day.

I will continue to wish him well, with his family, his degree , and then football.

Some of y'all think Taj was being disciplined for not going to Florida. You ever wonder if he was scared to death to miss the birth of his Son?
Not an attack/rebuke of you personally...

I have a hard time with anyone who argues that the trip to ACC Media Day somehow justifies his decision. If Taj's teammates and/or coaches believed that he was the right choice to represent our program, then I would think that it is fair to say that they chose poorly.

The biggest problem I have with the transfer portal is that it allows young men an avenue NOT to have to fight through adversities. If you want to transfer, fine. But leaving your teammates in a lurch 3 games into a season is, IMHO, inexcusable. That would not be something that I would want to follow me. That certainly isn't a decision that I would tell any one of my four boys that I support.

I recognize the young man just had a child. I wholly support him in his desire to be closer to his loved ones in that respect. But i also believe that decision could have been made in July, and had a much less significant impact on his football family. You know, the guys who thought he was leading them.

I wish him well. I wish his family well. I hope he makes millions playing pro football. But if he were my teammate, I'd never forgive it.

Again, not trying to flame. I rarely post, and never attack.

Last edited:
The biggest problem I have with the transfer portal is that it allows young men an avenue NOT to have to fight through adversities. If you want to transfer, fine. But leaving your teammates in a lurch 3 games into a season is, IMHO, inexcusable. That would not be something that I would want to follow me. That certainly isn't a decision that I would tell any one of my four boys that I support.
Perfectly reasonable take. We essentially changed systems/philosophy game 4. Thats not too common. Perhaps he would have transferred in the spring if he had a crystal ball.

Speculation, but yes, I think it could hurt his resume. Obviously, without the RS year available he would have pushed through that adversity. To burn a year of opportunity for a change he had no idea was coming? Mehh. You can argue that's a reasonable take. He saves half of his remaining eligibility. He didn't change the offensive system. I'm guessing if Shrader had a 4 star arm to go with his 4 star legs? None of this ever happens. Being able to have some time for his kid, may have been a contributing factor? (No more 16 hour days)

Proper name is the escape hatch.

close the transfer portal "escape hatch" please HAL...

cac.png

I have always referred to him as McDummy. Especially with the way he ran our offense.

I was positive we hired him as a consultant last year and the first part of this year. Couldn’t tell much difference in offensive playcalling and game mismanagement.

Is it wrong to say I don’t care where he ends up. I mean I wish him well, but i’ve moved on
Your a better man than most of us who still fester over Calvin Murphy not getting accepted into Syracuse. Plus I'll never get over that holding call in the 67 Penn State game or ...

Yup would have chose Ole miss if I was him but he must have felt he would have to share the spotlight there or other places. It’s interesting because Levis has a meathead style of QB play as well. Kentucky likes to run the ball first. Levis does throw a little better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors